Skip to content

Aielund Saga Enhanced Edition

Comments

• JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2018
    I arrived in chapter 3 and for the moment I found 2 bugs that could be "annoying":

- Act 2: When the guard tried to arrest me for interrogation, I was not teleported
    - Act 3: When I save Sebastien and I ask him to follow me, I can manage his equipment but especially steal his boots of speed.
    - Act 3: If you get attacked by the angels in the crypt of the knight with the cleric in your group, she becomes hostile (normal) but all the animals (deer, badger) also become hostile. I have nothing against massacring these poor beasts, especially in the elven city;)
    PS: Mmm, Dwarfs warrior/cleric and Connor MacTavish are also hostile ...
    Post edited by Jinashi on
  • Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    Thanks for the report, I'l fix those right now :)
  • PL1PL1 Member Posts: 31
    Looks really good. I'm looking forward to giving it a try when I have a chance.

One question: In the older version, I couldn't get the Customize Character Override hak to work in Acts II, III, and IV, even though it worked in Act I. If you don't know, it's a hak that lets you change how your armor and weapons look whenever you want at no cost, and it also lets you quickly copy one item's appearance onto another item (which is very useful if you're like me and have one look that you want to use all the time). So far, these are the only modules where I've had that problem, and I haven't been able to find information on how to fix it myself. It was still possible to change my look when I wanted to by using the normal crafting system, cheating my Intelligence high enough that it wouldn't fail, and then cheating again to refund my gold (I shouldn't have to pay tens of thousands of gold just for cosmetic changes), but it was quite inconvenient. Does this new version have the same problem with that hak?
    HunterRayder93
    @PL1 I looked into that and found that it conflicted with the CEP crafting conversation. In fact, I "fixed" act 1 so that it uses the CEP crafting convo now, so I've broken that now too! While I was able to integrate the Customize Character hak into the mods, it then ignores most of the CEP custom content such as robes, neck items like backpacks etc. So to make it work to my satisfaction I'd have to try and integrate the two different crafting conversations and scripts.
    Andarian
    edited January 2018
    That's too bad. I'm not sure why you're having that issue. I've played other modules that use various CEP versions and used Customize Character Override just fine, but maybe you're trying to do something more than they did and that's screwing things up somehow. I don't know much about the technical side of things. Ah well. It is ultimately just a moderate inconvenience, and it's not like you get a new set of armor every hour or something. At least I know I didn't screw up the installation somehow.
    edited January 2018
    @PL1 The modules you speak of have clearly been modified to work together, but that's a little beyond my capabilities, at least in the short term (I could probably fumble through it eventually but I don't have time atm). Can you tell me which modules have both? I could take a look at one.
  • JinashiJinashi Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2018
    Mmm, blocking bug:

After fleeing Ironlord (well, he killed my companion and he and his allies stopped attacking me even though I was skinning them, I could kill them all peacefully while they let themselves go ( except Ironlord, being intuable)), in the snowy area after the bridge we have a kinematics. Lack of luck, I saved when it was triggered and NPC to go to meet me do not come, preventing me from continuing.
    Fortunately there is a auto-save just before the meeting with Ironlord!
    I've noticed from time to time that some monsters/npc's just suddenly stop fighting in the middle of a fight for no apparent reason, and just stand there and let you kill them. This affects henchmen too. Bear in mind these are the same scripts etc the game has had since the start, I've done nothing to them, therefore my guess is it's a compatibility issue with the game running on modern systems. Nothing I can do about that, sorry :(

Okay, that conversation you mention doesn't really need to have cinematic mode engaged so I'll just remove that. If you ignore the NPC when he runs up to talk to you, that won't break the mod.
  • KrovosKrovos Member Posts: 20

I've noticed from time to time that some monsters/npc's just suddenly stop fighting in the middle of a fight for no apparent reason, and just stand there and let you kill them.

And I just thought they were standing there in awe of my greatness..... ;)
    Savant1974Notabarbiegirl
    edited January 2018
    With that being said so far I have really enjoyed this...I hope you plan on making more content if you have time. Thanks again for updating this I cant believe I missed this back in the day.
    Savant1974
    edited January 2018

@PL1 The modules you speak of have clearly been modified to work together, but that's a little beyond my capabilities, at least in the short term (I could probably fumble through it eventually but I don't have time atm). Can you tell me which modules have both? I could take a look at one.

It looks like I might have been wrong after all. I was sure that some of the other modules I've played used CEP, but after checking a bit, it looks like they don't. That's certainly surprising and more than a little disappointing. With CCOH and CEP both being so popular, I'm surprised I haven't seen this issue mentioned elsewhere. I wonder how much trouble it would be to make them compatible.

Well, at least I learned something to be aware of in the future.
    Savant1974HunterRayder93
  • ItsMrKanedaToYouPunkItsMrKanedaToYouPunk Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    Hi Savant! Good work on doing the Mods, im thoroughly having fun playing it! I just want to address an issue that I have with Act 3, particularly the infinite loading screen. My issue started when I just entered Stoneguard Village and from there the loading screen stopped halfway and its not a freeze either, it seemed as if it had trouble loading because its missing something. Was hoping if you know a way to fix this??
    Savant1974
    @ItsMrKanedaToYouPunk Glad you're enjoying it! I had actually copy/pasted the Stoneguard Village area from act 2 (then modified it from there) so if you got through that, it *should* in theory work in act 3. I'll take a look now in case there's a problem.

That area appears to work okay at my end, I'm not sure what the problem could be. If it was a missing hak, it'd tell you about it beforehand. Have you tried exiting the game and going through that area transition again? NWN on modern systems is a little quirky sometimes!
  • ItsMrKanedaToYouPunkItsMrKanedaToYouPunk Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    Thank you for the quick reply! I've installed all hak files according to @Lilura blogpost that is the recent 3.0

I actually encountered an issue before Act 3, that is after finishing Act 2 and transitioning to Act 3 it says I can't load the module because its missing a hak file specifically the Elven City Tileset. I've read Lilura's post that it conflicts with the recent version, but I did install it anyway just to test it out. So far it runs well until I went to Stoneguard Village. I dont know if these issues are connected in anyway??
    I removed the need for the Elven City Tileset on this revision, and the area you're trying to enter uses the Early Winter Tileset anyway. I just double-checked and confirmed act 3 doesn't have Elven City still in it's extra content list. This tells me that maybe you've got one of the older versions of act 3? I can't see why else it would complain about that missing tileset. Check the version number when the mod loads, it should say 3.03.
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185

I've finished creating the HD skyboxes...

Those are *gorgeous*. Please let us know when they're online. I'll go to download them right away for testing. :)
    Savant1974AerakarNotabarbiegirlleeux
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    Do you think it's possible to employ Zwerkule's city tileset down the track?
    @Lilura I really wanted to include the city tileset but the frame drop was too much for my liking, around 4-7 fps which was just painful unless you had it paused. Those are some seriously detailed textures! The only way I managed to include the rural and forest sets is by removing excess objects from areas to reduce the load.

@Andarian Will do! If I wasn't about to keel over I'd get it done now. :) I'm sure I'll have them online in 24 hours.
    What's your CPU/display card - or is it simply an engine limitation (Aurora not tapping into the hardware)?
    edited January 2018
    Such a big difference. In most of the pics you have posted, I don't even recognize the area anymore

Grass could do with desaturation and thinning, imo. Sort of like Toro's rural override.

EDIT- whoops, I forgot Bracksford is supposed to be rain-drenched. I'm such an Aielund newbie. Still, I like that grass and the wagon tracks.
    AerakarSavant1974Gusinda
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    I want to let you know that Aielund is my favorite NWN series and much better than the original campaign. I must have played through it all at least 10 times.

Thanks for coming back to this, it is just gorgeous with the new skyboxes!
    AndarianSavant1974Notabarbiegirl
    Aerakar said:

I want to let you know that Aielund is my favorite NWN series and much better than the original campaign. I must have played through it all at least 10 times.

Thanks for coming back to this, it is just gorgeous with the new skyboxes!

I also agree this is one of the best !!!
    Savant1974Notabarbiegirl
    @Lilura that grass is so much better. Just the other day when I'm moving through the grass in one area I kept thinking how thick and overdone the grass was and that someone should make new grass ;) I'll look into it!
    Lilura
    Okay I have the override/hak uploaded: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/real-skies

It won't work in Aielund just yet as the AIelund hak already has skyboxes in it, but I'll be uploading a new version of that soon as well. Enjoy!
    voidofopinionaarionnLilura
    Just wanted to let you know I've updated the series to use the Real Skies hak, as linked in the previous post. It was an easier solution to doubling up the skies for that and the Aielund hak as well :)
    LiluraNotabarbiegirl
    Grass! Grass! Grass! j/k, what you have done here is quite enough, imo.

Is Balky still on the companion control thingy?
    Savant1974
    I'd like to change over the grass, I just don't know what the model and texture names are (yes, I tried!) :)

Yes Balkoth is still beavering away at the Minion Control upgrade for Aielund. It's VERY cool in testing! You can tell companions where to go, and who to attack (as a group), which makes a big difference if you're playing a wizard or some other non-front line character. I wanted to get the skies update done for Aielund though and I'm not sure when he'll be done with the upgrade. Will post here when it is.
    LiluraAndarian