Skip to content

[Resource Pack] Extended Animations

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited April 2016
    Claiming slots from 0x5600 to 0x5644 0x5645
    Post edited by AndreaColombo on
  • NicotineCaffeineNicotineCaffeine Member Posts: 5
    @viader : Hi, i would preferred to contact you directly... But it seems i can't. So i ask you here: the extanim can be found also on the older version of the infinity engine games? (the non enhanced editions)
    Becouse when i explore them with nearinfinity i've never found that file. I wanted to add some animations time ago, but i've never been able to find where are the references slots... Only the animate.ids, which alone is not enough for do the job.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Alas... I cannot. First, of course becouse that site is down, but also becouse my pack, which is a "newer" version, but still, before the "enhanced editions", is not recognized by the batch program made by the other guy/gal. I've already tried. Anyway, all i want is simply to know if this sort of "list" (extanim.2da/ids) with the free animations slots (or occupied ones) can be found somewhere in the not enhanced editions.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Well, about why the batch gives me error with my exes i'm not sure.. Could be something else, for sure. Alas, since the site is down, i can't ask to the creator of the mod. My pack is the by the way.

As for the extanim... if it can't be found that, at least i hope there's a way to know which slots can be used or not.
    wow the image is a little too big... Well... anyway.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    @Dee

Since this thread is being used to "claim" animation slots and thus avoid incompatibility between different mods, it might be useful to have it (or a condensed version containing the free slots and the claimed ones) stickied for better visibility?
  • amikaamika Member Posts: 34
    I am using 0xe6af
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I really need my slots to be in the 5000 range, so I didn't have much choice. If anyone else is using the same slots as I claimed, please PM me.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    @argent77 Awesome, this looks like a great solution.
    I'm too lazy to do it now but I'll probably switch to your method for the next release of my mod.
    Thanks. :)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited July 2016
    I have packaged slot list and functions into a single library, so you don't need to reference an additional text file.

Download: animation_slots_library_v2.zip (including example usage)

The function returns animation slots that are guaranteed to be unoccupied by the current game installation, or -1 if no free slots are available in the given range.

Edit: Added a new parameter "slotSteps" to v2.
    Post edited by argent77 on
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    @argent77 you are awesome! That is all
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @argent77 I feel stupid but how do I get the .ini file that is needed for your slot-search function? I extracted the drider animations from viader's mod and what I have is .2da, sounds and BAM. This is what I have in my tp2 currently:APPEND ~ANIMATE.IDS~ ~0xe282 IC2_DRIDER_FEMALE 0xe283 IC2_DRIDER_MALE~ APPEND ~EXTANIM.2DA~ ~57986 0 1 1 0 0 0 47 0 0 NONE NONE NONE 8 10 MDRF NONE 0 0 NONE 57987 0 1 1 0 0 0 47 0 0 NONE NONE NONE 8 10 MDRM NONE 0 0 NONE~ APPEND ~EXTSPEED.2DA~ ~57986 9 57987 9~ APPEND ~anisnd.ids~ ~0xe282 MDRF CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_IC2_DRIDER_FEMALE 0xe283 MDRM CGAMEANIMATIONTYPE_IC2_DRIDER_MALE~ COPY ~C#Solaufein/animations/ee/2da~ ~override~ COPY ~C#Solaufein/animations/ee/sound~ ~override~ COPY ~C#Solaufein/animations/ee/bam~ ~override~

(Taken from this mod.)

I have problems transferring this to a version using your function, and I would appreciate any help.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    edited February 2017
    @jastey - But where are you going to use it? You no longer need this if it's for BG2EE v2+, because BeamDog now uses the same animation list for BG1EE (v2+), SoD and BG2EE (v2+). You just extract drider animation and ini if needed and copy it to BG2EE override. Since drider is on the animation list, it should work already. I did that with one of the drider animations in my mod. Check it out.
    That is great to know. Where would I get the drider animations and .ini? I had a look at your mod, but I am unable to detect what I would need for my mod to make the DROW_MALE and DROW_FEMALE animations in BGII:EE work.
    @jastey You need SoD to extrace those animations from the game. They are just a bunch of bams. Use Near Infinity to browse bam files and once you find drows, just export them. Same with the ini. In my mod you'll find all male animations (bam folder - all files starting with letters mdrm). You'll need to extract female from SoD.
    Male did not need ini, game recognized everything without it (I guess ini may be in BG2 already). So once you copy the male animation to override, that alone should work. It may be the same with female drider, but you need to check it :)
    edited February 2017
    I'm stupid, of course I mean driders. DRIDER_MALE and DRIDER_FEMALE.

I have the BAMs and the 2da from viader's mod. I'd need instructions to add them to bg2ee so I can use the existant DRIDER_MALE and DRIDER_FEMALE animation antries.
    If you were talking about driders, which ones exactly are the drider animations in your mod?
    edited February 2017
    Wait, I think I found it. Seems I only need to copy the MDRF and MDRM animations to the override, there are inis present in BGII.

Do I still need the MDRF.2da and MDRM.2da? Do they hurt if I copy them to the override?
    I mention that already - mdrm. I am not sure Viader uses the same file names and the file names must remain the same. Just take all mdrm files from my mod (mdrma1, mdrma1e, mdrma2... and all the other files that have mdrm in their name). Those are driders. You will also need female driders. Take them from SoD, not Viaders package, because the files may differ. I'm not sure if Beamdog changed them later, but Viader's package was uploaded LONG before SoD. For example wisp animations changed a bit between IWD2 and SoD, so... yeah... It's better to export them from SoD.

Open NearInfinity and check BG1EE+SoD game installation - I gues the file names will start with mdrf, but that's my guess. Just export them and paste all files to your BG2EE override folder.
    Thank you very much. I got it to work. This is cool!

I will leave the MDRF.2da and MDRM.2da in unless someone tells me why it isn't a good idea. :-)
    I believe it's not a good idea. I mean... it's adding files that are not used and may confuse other modders. Everything will work just fine without those files. You only need bams (and maybe ini for female, as I said I did not check that). It works just fine - checked that in my mod.
    Anyway - you're welcome.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited February 2017
    To summarize, fully defined INI files for all available BG/BG2/IWD/IWD2 creature animations are already present in v2.x patched BGEE and BG2EE. All you have to do is to install associated BAM and WAV resources (and sometimes BMPs for altered palettes). 2DA files are not needed anymore (although the game doesn't break if you install them anyway).

In the case of driders look for E282.INI and E283.INI. The required resource names should all be defined in this file. The resources can be taken directly from IWD2 without making further changes. The animations are of type E000, so BAM files should be following the IWD animation scheme (i.e. using filename suffix A1/A1E, CA/CAE, WK/WKE, ...).
    Post edited by argent77 on
    Thank you! It all works now using the BAMs from viader's mod but naming them MDRxxx.
    I'm only using the BAMs and WAVs.
    Thanks!
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2018
    As you know, the equipped appearance attribute of Ninja-tos is S1 - Long sword and the equipped appearance attribute of Wakizashis is SS - Short sword. -> Is it possible to creare a new animation for these two exotic weapons? If so, how?
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    I am trying to do the same thing with a Lucerne Hammer. I think Sam know the answer. Also some people over at Spellhold Studios.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I know this is an old thing, but I'm trying to mod BG:EE v1.3, and I'm a little confused about how this mod adds animations to the game.

Does anyone know what bams.exe does? For me it just closes instantly when I try to run it. I tried it from command line too, and I got the same thing—seemingly nothing happened.
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    As far as I remember, bams.exe is a command line tool that allows modders to modify animations palettes. You don't need it. Run the setup exe to install the mod.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Gwendolyne wrote: »
    As far as I remember, bams.exe is a command line tool that allows modders to modify animations palettes. You don't need it. Run the setup exe to install the mod.

Thanks for the explanation. The problem is that I want the vanilla BG1 character animations, and while the files are there in the archive, the mod doesn't seem to add them to the game as actual animations. So right now I'm trying to find out how the mods adds the rest of the animations so that I could replicate that process for the vanilla BG1 character animation BAMs.