Skip to content

The 2.5 Update Beta is HERE! Test, play, let us know what you think!

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Would changing the ini/lua value cause MP incompatibility?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Thels said:

Would changing the ini/lua value cause MP incompatibility?

It shouldn't, but I haven't tested this particular lua line in MP.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Did anyone else notice the bug in the 2.5 beta added (wasn't there before beta installed) where the cast spell mouse pointer icon doesn't show properly when you cast on the portraits on the right side of the screen? Instead of changing to the cast spell icon when hovering over a portrait after selecting a spell, you just get the circle with bar through it or the move view arrow.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    I've noticed that when you start a new game, the scrolling candlekeep text briefly flashes before starting to scroll again. Tested on Android. I assume this happens for all chapter transitions. That wasn't happening in 1.3
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited February 2018

I've noticed that when you start a new game, the scrolling candlekeep text briefly flashes before starting to scroll again. Tested on Android. I assume this happens for all chapter transitions. That wasn't happening in 1.3

that bug is already reported and fixed in a newer patch version (2.5.12).
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
  • LuisProLuisPro Member Posts: 5
    i hope in 2.5 i can become friend of irenicus, so we can rule world togetha! :)
  • kingnightkingnight Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2018
    @JuliusBorisov
    May I ask whether the 2.5 patch for IWD would include the following features?

1. Sprite outlines;
    2. Equipt bow and shield at the same time;
    3. Customizable Scrolling keys.

Post edited by kingnight on
    edited February 2018
    @kingnight I guess 1 + 2 is yes (as IWD is moved to the v2+ codebase which has these features), don't know about 3.
    The Beta that's already available supports entering custom hotkeys for scrolling up/down/left/right, so 3 is a yes as well.

Note that while you can map keys to these options, you cannot unmap the arrow keys from these options (in this beta version).
    edited February 2018
    @Doubledimas You guess? Dose it mean we didn't see these two features to be available within the 2.5 Beta, is that right?

@Thels That would be quiet of excellent, thank you.
    kingnight said:

@Doubledimas You guess? Dose it mean we didn't see these two features to be available within the 2.5 Beta, is that right?

I guess because I did not play the IWD 2.5 beta, but as those features are features that appeared in the v2+ codebase it warrants to think that they would be included in the 2.5 patch for IWD.

@kingnight They're already in the beta, yes.
  • FluentFluent Member Posts: 74
    I've played some 200 hours recently of BG/SoD/BG2 using the EET mod, and I get frequent crashes. Usually it happens when I use the right-click-to-move function, and I swing the formation around while holding the right mouse button. The icon switches to an "interact" icon for some reason and then when I release the button the game crashes. The game also crashes without doing that but I guess I chalk some of that up to using mods with BWS.
    Fluent said:

I've played some 200 hours recently of BG/SoD/BG2 using the EET mod, and I get frequent crashes. Usually it happens when I use the right-click-to-move function, and I swing the formation around while holding the right mouse button. The icon switches to an "interact" icon for some reason and then when I release the button the game crashes. The game also crashes without doing that but I guess I chalk some of that up to using mods with BWS.

Make sure to test it when the part 2 of the beta comes, @Fluent. Also, everyone, if you feel there's a pattern (or even if there's no pattern) for crashing, please, report each of them on support.baldursgate.com.

Attach all the crash dumps to reports.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @JuliusBorisov - Is Part 2 of the beta going to include SoD?

No.

No.
    I don't understand. I always believe SOD includes BG1, if I update the 2.5 patch on the base of 2.3, dose it means when I switch to BG1 I play the 2.5, and when I switch to SOD I play the 2.3?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    kingnight said:

No.
    I don't understand. I always believe SOD includes BG1, if I update the 2.5 patch on the base of 2.3, dose it means when I switch to BG1 I play the 2.5, and when I switch to SOD I play the 2.3?
    I assume Beamdog is testing SoD with patch 2.5 in private for... reasons. When 2.5 is released, it will support SoD. For now, testers of the public beta can only play BG1EE, BG2EE, and IWDEE. :disappointed:
  • StarhowlStarhowl Member Posts: 39
    edited March 2018
    The bug #32537 was supposed to be fixed in v2.5.3, but it still persists in v2.5.10.
    Post edited by Starhowl on
    edited March 2018
    Starhowl said:

How can I access newer betas? Bug #32537 got fixed in v2.5.30, but I'm still on v2.5.10?

It is fixed in v2.5.3. (not .30) which means it should also be fixed in the beta as that is v2.5.10. There is no newer beta available (newest game version in which bugs are reportedly fixed is v2.5.12.11)

Would anyone in this case be so nice as to fix my save-game? (Is it legally safe to upload them here?)
    @Starhowl You are referring to a SOD bug. The SOD beta is not yet available. Thus, this bug is fixed internally, but not yet available to the public.
    Is there a console command to find out which version it is that I'm running?
    edited March 2018
    Starhowl said:

Is there a console command to find out which version it is that I'm running?

It's visible on the start screen where you select the campaigns. If you're playing SoD it will probably be v2.3.

It says v2.5.10 together with the SoD-logo. Anyway, it's fixed now - someone went through my SAV-file and did the trick for me! ^_^
    Starhowl said:

It says v2.5.10 together with the SoD-logo. Anyway, it's fixed now - someone went through my SAV-file and did the trick for me! ^_^

2.5.10 won't work well with SoD (a lot of issues will happen). You have to disable SoD in order to play BG:EE 2.5.10.
  • YoinkYoink Member Posts: 1
    The feedback box isn't very wide, so some of the text is hidden by the scroll bar. Please fix this, as it is very annoying.
    Yoink said:

The feedback box isn't very wide, so some of the text is hidden by the scroll bar. Please fix this, as it is very annoying.

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you mean?