Skip to content

Aielund Saga Enhanced Edition

Comments

• I've found a couple of problems. First, when casting spell breaches I get these error messages and apparently no effect on the target:

Script NW_S0_LsSpBrch, OID: ffffffff, Tag: ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS

Script NW_S0_GrSpBrch, OID:80004e38, Tag: GypsySorceress, ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS.

Script NW_S0_MordDisj, OID: ffffffff, Tag: ERROR: TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS

The second problem is that the hit box for Spartan the dragon is much too tall, about twice his height. This means I keep popping up his dialog box when I click on the ground nowhere near him.
  • Savant1974Savant1974 Member Posts: 303
    Yes I have the same problem with Spartan, that's part of the CEP model resizing issue. One of the downsides of using a dragon as a companion I'm afraid! EE will have a different way of resizing models but of course that won't help Diamond players. As for those script errors, I have to assume that'd be a problem with the EMS version of the spell, though I haven't encountered it on EE (could be an issue with Diamond having an argument with windows 10 or something!)
  • FelAhlFelAhl Member Posts: 2
    NWN EE Unexpectedly quits when loading the Cairnwood Forest area in Act III which bummed me out since this is my first play through and I must say I'm enjoying it immensely! No matter what I try it still just shuts down when the area is loading.

Could you please take a look at this Savant1974 and see if you can figure out a solution?
    The full report of the error is to long to post but I can PM you if you think it will help.

Kind regards
    FelAhl
    Which version of act 3 are you playing? It tells you when you first enter the game. I can say right now that I replaced the tileset for Cairnwood forest so if you've got an older version there may be an issue there.
  • FelAhlFelAhl Member Posts: 2
    Version is 3.07. Which Hak could be missing?

Thank you for your swift reply!
    Hmm, I think that's one of the latest so I might be off base here. It certainly would have told you while loading that a .hak file was missing (that area used to have the elven city tileset). That area is loading for me here so I'm not sure what the problem could be. :neutral: Try PM'ing me the error report, maybe there's something in there that could provide a clue.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Hello, I started playing a new run on the new version of Aielund yesterday, and I started having crashing issues in Act I. The first crash happened when I tried to take a random tower shield from a crate in the dockmaster's house in Culdeny. It was the old default tower shield model instead of one of the new shield models, so I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

The second crash happened suddenly when I exited the mayor's house in Culdeny.

Both times, I got a Beamdog client error message with a number it wanted me to report on Redmine. (Sorry, I didn't do it.)

Is anyone else having stability issues like this? My internet provider recently made me switch to McAfee virus protection from Kapersky, and I am wondering if McAfee Real Time file scanning might be causing the crashes - for example, when the game tries to autosave. I've had McAfee cause issues with game saves before, especially old games.

I am going to try playing the OC for a while today to see if I have any problems.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    edited February 2018
    @Savant1974 I can second @BelgarathMTH on the crashes. I just started act 2. Duting act 1 I had a few crashes with the client error message. Mine seemed to happen during area transitions. An example it took me several tries to leave the church in the second town.
    Since the crash was addressing the client I tried starting the game through the exe instead of the client and haven't had a crash since.

Another odd thing I have run into is that every merchant in act1 and so far all in act 2 have an unfavorable view of me. I know that can happen but it seems odd that it's happening with every merchant. A couple of merchants in act2 have given me no feedback about an appraise check at all. I'm playing a Neutral Good Druid.
    Post edited by ronaldo on
    edited February 2018
    Are you guys playing diamond or EE? If you're in diamond, well, that's diamond for you :) If you're in EE, it's quite possible the last patch caused some stability issues. Random area transitions crashes have been in EE for months if not longer so that's definitely not the mods (happened quite a lot while I was working on the series, drove me crazy trying to figure out if it was me or not). The merchant thing is bizarre, no idea why that would suddenly become an issue, which is why I'm thinking issues with the latest patch.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    I am using the EE version with the latest patch. If I get the crash again I'll make sure to post it on redmine.

I just want you to know that I am really enjoying myself with this series. I played it way back in the day and had fond memories of it. Some areas I have vivid memories of and others I have no memory of. I am pushing 50yrs old though so that might explain it. lol
    Just want to thank you for enhancing this amazing series.
    Savant1974Notabarbiegirl
    I think it was totally worth the effort to do a major facelift to the series, and I'm glad you and others are enjoying it all over again :)
    ronaldoNotabarbiegirl
  • drdeacondrdeacon Member Posts: 20
    wait is this updated one the same one on the NWN vault? because that one says it hasn't been updated in over a year where do I find these new EE modules of the saga?
  • drdeacondrdeacon Member Posts: 20
    @Savant1974 Awesome thanks I will definitely be downloading and playing all of these soon!
    Savant1974
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266
    @Savant1974 can I ask you a curiosity? you tried to evaluate the idea of making the Aielund Saga available on Steam workshop?still I have not seen anyone insert an adventure module on steam to see if the file download is working properly ... it would be better to see how the steam workshop behaves with an adventure module ... and then and one more reason to evaluate the problems and things to fix in the Steam workshop for NWN: EE.
    Savant1974Zwerkules
    I will be making Aielund available on the steam workshop when I get my steam key later this week :) I was too busy to get it done this last weekend when early keys were handed out.
    ZwerkulesNotabarbiegirl
  • MarzyMarzy Member Posts: 14
    Hi Savant, just got round to starting Chapter iv, just rescued Elan Bodine & the slaves & Captain Vance no longer spawns, only the wizard. I know this because i remember him from the first time round. I have been through the ship numerous times and he is nowhere, i want his armour! :'(
    Savant1974
    Weird, I'll check it out :smile:
    Well he shows up for me - there's an encounter trigger on the bottom level of that ship which spawns in both the wizard and Vance, one shouldn't appear without the other (they're both unique spawns, and the minimum is 2). I have no idea why he didn't show up for you :neutral: If you're playing diamond, I'll just go ahead and blame that :smiley: (If you really want that armour, you can spawn the captain in, his template name is VANCE).

Well he shows up for me - there's an encounter trigger on the bottom level of that ship which spawns in both the wizard and Vance, one shouldn't appear without the other (they're both unique spawns, and the minimum is 2). I have no idea why he didn't show up for you :neutral: If you're playing diamond, I'll just go ahead and blame that :smiley: (If you really want that armour, you can spawn the captain in, his template name is VANCE).

Lovely quick response. I reloaded 2 saves and no he doesn't appear in either, just the wizard. And yes, sadly still playing the diamond edition so that could be the fault. Thankyou.
    Savant1974
    Marzy said:

Lovely quick response. I reloaded 2 saves and no he doesn't appear in either, just the wizard. And yes, sadly still playing the diamond edition so that could be the fault. Thankyou.
    Um, i did something wrong, i spawned him and now he's a henchman, haha. :#
    lol, use dm_spawncreature VANCE, that should make it happen normally (fingers crossed).

lol, use dm_spawncreature VANCE, that should make it happen normally (fingers crossed).

That's what i used originally, he becomes a henchman and is friendly :D
    Savant1974
    Well um, remove him from party and attack him :) His faction does start out as neutral to you until you attack the people on that ship, so maybe it's something to do with that.

Well um, remove him from party and attack him :) His faction does start out as neutral to you until you attack the people on that ship, so maybe it's something to do with that.

I think i am going to have to let this one go. I can't talk to him, no option to remove from party, all i can do is unsummon him. Weird.
    Savant1974
  • echooechoo Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2018
    Hey @Savant1974

I'm running into a game breaking issue in Act III (Spoilers):

I ran past the Ironlord in Trinity, defended the king, and then transitioned to the southern slopes area.

A cutscene is supposed to trigger in the slopes, but it just hides the UI. Nothing happens, and I have to force close the game.

I'm pretty sure there should be a small NPC army defending the slopes (checked via Lilura1's walkthrough), but they are strangely absent minus a few NPCs standing near the ballistae.

I'm on NWN:EE 8158. Act III version 3.07. Any help will be appreciated, and I can send you my save if needed.

edit:
    Please disregard, I left the southern slopes area and transitioned back into it, and everything seems to be working now
    Savant1974
  • AndarianAndarian Member Posts: 185
    edited February 2018

Well he shows up for me - there's an encounter trigger on the bottom level of that ship which spawns in both the wizard and Vance, one shouldn't appear without the other (they're both unique spawns, and the minimum is 2). I have no idea why he didn't show up for you :neutral:

I don't know why, but I have observed that encounter triggers will sometimes disregard their own rules like this. I've been burned by it enough to stop trusting that I can rely on the kind of thing you're describing: an encounter with two unique spawns and a minimum of two creating one of each creature. I try to use a trigger script with explicit creature creation calls when I need to be sure a specific mix of creatures results.

I've never researched it thoroughly, but I've speculated that it may have to do with the effect of difficulty settings on the encounters and/or in the client. Marzy, what difficulty setting are you playing with?
    Savant1974
    edited February 2018
    Andarian said:

Well he shows up for me - there's an encounter trigger on the bottom level of that ship which spawns in both the wizard and Vance, one shouldn't appear without the other (they're both unique spawns, and the minimum is 2). I have no idea why he didn't show up for you :neutral:

I don't know why, but I have observed that encounter triggers will sometimes disregard their own rules like this. I've been burned by it enough to stop trusting that I can rely on the kind of thing you're describing: an encounter with two unique spawns and a minimum of two creating one of each creature. I try to use a trigger script with explicit creature creation calls when I need to be sure a specific mix of creatures results.

I've never researched it thoroughly, but I've speculated that it may have to do with the effect of difficulty settings on the encounters and/or in the client. Marzy, what difficulty setting are you playing with?
    Oh hi, i play on D&D Hardcore, always have. The odd thing is that a few weeks ago i actually played this act and decided to restart but i do remember Vance appearing without a problem, maybe a recent update to the mod caused a problem?

UPDATE Just went through that part again and ' Woe and behold' he appeared along with the wizard. The only thing i did differently was i completed the quest where you had to solve Gastons Debt problem first and then started the quest to save Elan. Coincedence, not sure, but i finally nailed the evil Vance. Thanks for everyones help on this.
    Post edited by Marzy on
    Andarian's probably right about the difficulty setting on the encounter, even with the minimum set to 2, it's possible you weren't enough of a threat to spawn in both enemies. I don't suppose you gained a level after solving Gaston's debt? That'd probably explain it! I've raised the encounter setting some more so it should fire off properly in future.
    Andarian

Andarian's probably right about the difficulty setting on the encounter, even with the minimum set to 2, it's possible you weren't enough of a threat to spawn in both enemies. I don't suppose you gained a level after solving Gaston's debt? That'd probably explain it! I've raised the encounter setting some more so it should fire off properly in future.

Yes, that must be it, i did level up after Gastons completed quest. It's interesting learning about the mechanics of the games i play, i only know how to point a sword, but so much goes into the making of a mod. A massive thankyou for the time and hard work you have spent on creating these brilliant mods. :)
    Savant1974Andarian