Skip to content

New Quest Material: Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II or Icewind Dale?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
If you had the choice would you rather have Beamdog create a new adventure expansion (a la Trials of the Luremaster, Tales of the Sword Coast, or Watcher's Keep) for Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, or Baldur's Gate II?
  1. New Quest Material: Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II or Icewind Dale?37 votes
    1. Icewind Dale
      45.95%
    2. Baldur's Gate II
      43.24%
    3. Baldur's Gate
      10.81%

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Neverwinter Nights.
  • Perhaps an expansion to fill the void between SOA and TOB? ;) Something nice and controversial that everyone can get cross about, like BG2ee: A Nice Day At The Beach.
    booinyoureyesProontBalrog99Nonnahswriter
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Plot: ToB was just a bad dream and now you can have a decent adventure.
    Contemplative_HamsterProont
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2018
    But a Wilderness expansion for BG2ee would be great. Cut all EXP in BG2ee by half (at least), add a bunch of wilderness areas with all sorts of diversions and that BG1 sense of boundless adventure just beyond that stand of trees. You want to reach D'Arnise Keep, boyo, start walkin'!

BG2ee: Real Men Don't Teleport
    ProontBalrog99recklessheart
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Raduziel said:

Plot: ToB was just a bad dream and now you can have a decent adventure.

I'm one of the few who really enjoyed Throne of Bhaal from a thematic perspective.

It was Bhaalspawn Highlander, and the epic conclusion to the Bhaalspawn saga that I wanted. When you think about it, Irenicus was kind of a massive side-plot (though an incredible one).
    ThacoBellWarChiefZekeProontBalrog99
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    IWD needs more love.
    BG1/2 are already big enough as it is. I vaguely remember having this conversation in another thread before. Sure, little things could be added to BG2, for example, the SoD companions would be a very nice addition. A quest to finish off the whole Soultaker Dagger thing, and another to rescue Caelar from hell. But a full-blown expansion? No, please no.
    IWD, however, could benefit from more expansions. Something like TotSC would be more than welcome, to make the game feel less railroaded.
    ThacoBellbooinyoureyesProont
  • OR, BG2ee: Tax Returns, in which you must do taxes for your multi-planar properties and employees - Planar Sphere, Pocket Plane, etc.

"Right, so I can deduct wear and tear on cambions, imps, and off-world halflings, but Solamnian Knights are subject to rule 3456b3a of the Krynn Tax Code, which takes precedence when they're working abroad .."
    ronaldobooinyoureyesProontBalrog99
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

OR, BG2ee: Tax Returns, in which you must do taxes for your multi-planar properties and employees - Planar Sphere, Pocket Plane, etc.

"Right, so I can deduct wear and tear on cambions, imps, and off-world halflings, but Solamnian Knights are subject to rule 3456b3a of the Krynn Tax Code, which takes precedence when they're working abroad .."

Deduct your potion purchases as business expenses. Plus, you can depreciate your magical weapons and expense your armor.
    Contemplative_HamsterProontBalrog99Raduziel
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    An add-on that occurs right after Spellhold could be made to fit in nicely, I think. It would have to involve something of importance to distract Charname from his main quest though. Maybe an addition to the Underdark or the elves have something critical they need done in preparation for the Suldanessalar battle...
    booinyoureyesProont
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    So long as yo live up to your promise to supply the ferrets with the better weapons.
    booinyoureyesBalrog99Rik_Kirtaniya
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It was a toss up between IWD and BG2. I went with BG2 for selfish reasons. I've played it so much, I wouldn't mind having something new to explore and do.
    Proont
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63
    Okay, I voted for BGII, but I wanted to add my voice to those clamoring for more Icewind Dale action. I'm playing IWD right now & enjoying it, but it really could use some more optional quests & areas. More race & class-specific stuff would be great!

But for BGII I would like to see the SoD NPCs & some quests related to BGI/SoD loose ends.
    Proont
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

OR, BG2ee: Tax Returns, in which you must do taxes for your multi-planar properties and employees - Planar Sphere, Pocket Plane, etc.

I thought that was BG2EE: Tiax Returns. That sounded awesome... Perhaps Tiax doing tax returns? :wink:
    ThacoBellContemplative_HamsterProontbooinyoureyes
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742

Nimran said:

Preferably an expansion that focuses on the never-ending war between the noble Ferrets and the deceitful groundhogs who seek to replace them.

The quest could be to help the Hamster Faction to sell arms to both sides of the conflict. War profiteering would be a most excellent sidequest.

@booinyoureyes This hamster looks pretty elegant! Surely seems to be a serious businessman... ;)

What I really miss in IWD is NPC interactions, besides those optional side-quests and transition areas. It's really quite linear and straightforward. Feels much desolate there, compared to the Sword Coast. But maybe that's to suit the theme of the bleak Northern wilderness...
    ProontThacoBellbooinyoureyeslolien
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited February 2018
    They couldn't give us IWD 2:EE. Plus IWD has plenty of room for more story while BG feels pretty complete.

Though I will say, I was sad to find out the Planescape game/expansion ended up being rumor. That would be my top choice if it were in the poll.
    Proontbooinyoureyes
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    I'd be down for anything new with the infinity engine games. BG1 would be my last choice since it has Siege of Dragonspear already. I went with BGII over ID because they have an obvious opening for an expansion by adding Dragonspear content. That, and BG seems to be more popular than ID anyway. I do want both eventually though. I think if we want new infinity engine material though that we need to really drive that point home to Trent.
    booinyoureyesProont
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    @Contemplative_Hamster , a wilderness expansion for BG2 would be cool, but there's already so much content there and you fight almost every kind of enemy you could ask for (and far, far too many Dragons).

I would like to see new quest material in IWD because it needs it the most. It is a much more exhaustive game than BG, and really wants for a bit more action around the edges. The game is, essentially, a straight line with no deviation on replay.
    ProontBalrog99