Skip to content

[MOD] Verr'Sza NPC (for BGEE and SoD)

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Been wondering for awhile now, but is Verr'Sza on different usability flags from ordinary rangers? He can't equip the boots of stealth or various "ranger/druid only" loot I pick up.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    Hmm, he may have a bit different usability, but also... can "normal rangers" wear those? Aren't those boots only for thieves? Anyway, @Artemius_I may give a proper answer, as he is the one who reworked the kit and is much better with classes and kits.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    The Naztharune Ranger uses barbarian usabilities. For some unspecified reason, a huge amount of items are flagged as unusable by barbarians, even items that cannot be used by fighters to begin with. A barbarian/mage cannot wear mage robes, for example.

Changing it will be tricky... I'll have to think on how best to do it. It'd be easier to just change the usability flag to something else, like a stalker.
    Thanks :) We'll just talk about this once some stuff slow down. I guess it's not a super urgent thing, but something we may want to think and talk about :)
    I just made a small update: the mod now includes crossmod banters with Isra BG1, created along with Rhaella.
    megamike15lolienCaszidy
  • DyonicDyonic Member Posts: 5
    Hey first of, great NPC. Only just met him and all I did was reading through his stats and biography so far but I can already tell that you took great care implementing him seamlessly into Baldur's Gate. If I hadn't played BG1 once before I would have had no idea that he is no Bioware NPC.

There is one thing though that I can't quite figure out. He seems to have a lvl 7 spell/innate ability "Ether Gate" available that is not mentioned in his class kit or anywhere else as far as I can tell. It allows for Verr'Sza to remove any creature temporarily from the battle with no saving throw allowed. To my inexperienced eye that seems quite powerful so early on, it's a lvl 7 spell after all!

Is there a deeper meaning behind this? Is the spell not nearly as powerful as I expect it to be? Is there any reference to that particular spell that I may have missed? If I was to remove the spell with Shadow Keeper, could there be any repercussions for the NPC and his story?

Thanks. :)
    LavaDelVortel
    First of all, thanks for your kind words. It was really fun to work on the NPC.

As for the Ether Gate... it's really weird. Are you playing with some other mods? And I guess you can just get rid of the spell in Shadow Keeper. I will talk to @Artemius_I (he is the kit-master who helped to re-design th kit) as I think that's some weird bug :)

Thanks for reporting this!
    Dyonic
    Wow, rapid fast reply! :hushed:

Yea I stumbled upon BWS last week and decided to get as many compatible mods into the game as possible. (It's nice not knowing some of the mods I installed like Verr'Sza, so it feels like a vanilla experience when you randomly come across great new content. ;)) If you don't know about that spell then it's probably another mod messing around with it. I got the Sandrah Saga and as I understand it that mod is pretty... intrusive... ^^ so maybe that did something. ;P

I'm glad that the spell is not part of the NPC because other than that Verr'Sza seems perfectly reasonable in terms of power level. So glad he's not wearing xxx +3 weapons or other ridiculous items and he's not some maxed out stats monster or 3 levels higher than any other NPC in my group. (Unlike some of the other new NPC mods.. ;))

Thanks for the quick reply! Keep up the good work, I'll be sure to check if you got anything new from time to time. :)
    LavaDelVortel
    Hmmm, well... once many mods are involved, then it may be difficult to find the reason for such stuff happening. Just one more question - what version of Verr'Sza do you use? It should be there, in the mod's readme.
    Ah I forgot to mention. The first time I released him from his stone prison he had half of his hit points 10/20 and 2 charges of each spell including Ether Gate. I then loaded a quick save for some reason and the 2nd time I released him he had 1/20 hp and 1 charge of each spell.

It's of almost no consequence really but I thought you'd like to know about this minor inconsistency. Or maybe it's intentional, I don't know. ^^
    LavaDelVortel
    It's version 3.3.
    LavaDelVortel
    Thanks :) I guess you can just continue your game for now, nothing seems to be game-breaking and along with Artemius we'll investigate if there is some problem with the kit or was it a result of using such a big install and/or some tweak mods.
    Cheers!
    Ether Gate is a shaman spell in vanilla BGEE. I have an idea on why it might randomly be on Verr but I can’t confirm right now.
    LavaDelVortel
  • KuselKusel Member Posts: 50
    edited February 2018
    Dyonic said:

Wow, rapid fast reply! :hushed:

Yea I stumbled upon BWS last week and decided to get as many compatible mods into the game as possible. (It's nice not knowing some of the mods I installed like Verr'Sza, so it feels like a vanilla experience when you randomly come across great new content. ;)) If you don't know about that spell then it's probably another mod messing around with it. I got the Sandrah Saga and as I understand it that mod is pretty... intrusive... ^^ so maybe that did something. ;P

I have a similar setup and I can assure you that the Sandrah mod changes no spells, weapons or game rules and doesn't tweak other NPCs or whatever.
    It may be some spell mod doing this. There are tools like change-log you can use to find out what is the source but don't just blindly accuse some mod without evidence.
    BTW, the problem with this mod in EET is something else that I found. It has no native EET compatibility but installs on BGEE and is then converted by EET import. However, both the mod and the EET have been updated several times since the conversion was coded. They no longer match in all parts. It may be better to consider a real compatibility in the longer term, it looks like there will be no further EET updates while the mod is still enhanced.
    edited February 2018
    This matter is being checked. Please, this is no place for starting another needless disputes on what another mod does or not. Dyonic reported a matter on something very new to him/her and that's enough to make us investigate it. Now give us some time so we could take a look at this and some other things as well.
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
    Yea I could've chosen my words a tad more carefully, didn't mean to diss the Sandrah mod. It was meant as a light nudge with a cheeky smirk, referring to the vastness of it and how much it affects the Baldur's Gate experience. I apologize if I offended anyone. :)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited March 2018
    Hey, cool-looking mod! Looking forward to trying it out.

Does he banter with Bioware NPCs in BG?
    Post edited by booinyoureyes on
    Yes. As I wrote in the first post:
    at least 1 banter talk with every NPC, including EE NPCs (Neera, Dorn, Rasaad, Baeloth)

Enjoy!
    booinyoureyeslolien
  • kimmuryielkimmuryiel Member Posts: 89
    what must I offer to get in on testing Verr SoA?/ToB(hopefully? maybe?) :D My mass murdering assassin needs her kitty <3
    @kimmuryiel

Scream at me to finish proofreading ASAP :p Well, I'd rather you didn't, but in all seriousness I am working on it.
    edited May 2018
    I'll help proofread :D I'm very good at spelling and grammar! :D
    or we can go with "for the love of all things holy, finish the proofreading! T_T"
    As far as I know, @Artemius_I is almost done with proofreading. Once proofreading is over, I will only need a short moment to implement additional voice files for a 2nd character and change some minor stuff. Nothing big, though. Then I can send you a message @kimmuryiel as I indeed may need a tester or two before the mod goes public.
    Cheers!
    lolienMirandelZaghoul
    I would very much appreciate that, @LavaDelVortel. I may even be able to get you one or two more. :smiley:
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    I have a question: is it possible to recruit Verr'Sza if I start a new SoD game directly?
    edited May 2018
    As far as I remember, yes. I think I added the option. And if I'm correct, you may also romance him in SoD, depending on what you reply (in a dialogue with certain kid) just a moment before you meet him.
    There is a sort of annoying issue with Claws: you gain an additional charge of L1HAN.SPL and L1HAN2.SPL after resting and/or if you rest without dispelling the claws...
    edited May 2018

Don't forget to fix the probability of displaying the bleeding portrait icon: it's currently 5 instead of 10....
  • SerpentCoilSerpentCoil Member Posts: 8
    Just finished BG:EE with my sorceress and Verr'Sza. I have to say he was fun and I really enjoyed having him around.
    lolien
    Thanks! :)
    lolien