Skip to content

Beamdog streams

Comments

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992

Enjoy the recap of today's stream.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-9-livestream-recap.html

The Hall of Justice: with original graphics (first image) and with enhanced graphics (WIP) of NWN:EE (second image)

The statue on left shows the recent attempt of improving its look, the statue on the right is an old model

Oh, it looks SO good. I am personally quite excited for the Tropical and HotU assets to be redone. Do I see a specular mask in action?
    EDIT: is it just me or only the chandelier has been redone, rather than the goat horn wall-mounted?

About this:
    New content for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will come as separate modules. We’re investigating requests for new content in the Original Campaign of Neverwinter Nights but don’t have a solution currently.

My two cents? Release it as a remaster, but assign it a very low priority. Always prioritise new/improved things.
    JuliusBorisovDerpCityProont
  • TheUncertainManTheUncertainMan Member Posts: 49
    That Hall of Justice looks awesome.
    Can't wait to see more of the Normal/Spec maps in action.
    JuliusBorisovDark_Ansem
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    The recap says there's a new patch but nothing downloads in the client. The link in those notes take you to a steam page and not a patch list. Shouldn't we be getting patches on BD client first and not via steam?

TR
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

The recap says there's a new patch but nothing downloads in the client. The link in those notes take you to a steam page and not a patch list. Shouldn't we be getting patches on BD client first and not via steam?

TR

It's about the development branch. Looks like you missed information about it.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/69316/introducing-the-nwn-ee-development-branch#latest
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    edited March 2018
    I think the improvements look nice so far, but I prefer the old floor bricks. They looked more neater and I like the color better. Literally everything else looks fine, though. Its also nice to see some headway on improving the player models and that they are doing a fine job at doing it.
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    edited March 2018
    There is this statement on the blog:

We’re going to start rolling out new content for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition into the Steam Workshop soon, stay tuned.

Does this mean that the BeamDog version of the game is not going to get the option of these new content modules?
    raz651 said:

There is this statement on the blog:

We’re going to start rolling out new content for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition into the Steam Workshop soon, stay tuned.

Does this mean that the BeamDog version of the game is not going to get the option of these new content modules?
    I doubt that.

I am a bit disappointed at the new character model - namely I can't see the customisation I hoped for, nor any mention is made about audio.

But, But, new movie formats are mentioned. Always good.
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    So many thoughts and questions.
    With the new Airabeth model coming in at around almost 6K poly, what baseline are we setting for new models (items/placables/creatures/tilesets) I worry about the new art assets causing pipeline slowing of the game making so we cannot have as many items/placables/creature on screen in a multi-player environment. Have you guys done some stress testing with a base-line system to ballpark current/future art asset to the system. This would helpful for CC community on building forward. I know it early and there going to be modifications to the engine and the minimum specs are going to go up, but some early data you collected would be helpful for the CC community.

Player models are looking better. I hope you can fix that separation at the arm / elbow (parts based) with a cross layed skinmesh to hide that, but if not release a sample and me and some others in the community will have a look at it.

Tile-set looking good, liking the style and the specular/shader set. Just adjust it down to 1 for the direct lighting like I had to do on Airabeth and sure that hot look with smooth out. I look forward to you rolling out more samples for the CC community to play with and learn from. Keep up the great work and do not worry about us nit pickers ;)

Toolset: So what version did you guys get it to update too of C++ builder?, great to hear you guys are making progress on one of the best features of NWN EE.
    ProontDerpCity
    ShadowM said:

So many thoughts and questions.
    With the new Airabeth model coming in at around almost 6K poly, what baseline are we setting for new models (items/placables/creatures/tilesets) I worry about the new art assets causing pipeline slowing of the game making so we cannot have as many items/placables/creature on screen in a multi-player environment. Have you guys done some stress testing with a base-line system to ballpark current/future art asset to the system. This would helpful for CC community on building forward. I know it early and there going to be modifications to the engine and the minimum specs are going to go up, but some early data you collected would be helpful for the CC community.

I agree with this. I also hope that massive performance improvements are down the pipeline, because I also fear that Aurora will choke on the new awesomeness.
    DerpCityProont
  • jonesr65jonesr65 Member Posts: 66
    What I would like to know and it might have been said elsewhere, but with all the model and tile updates is steam going to be the only place we will be able to download these modifications? I'd prefer to either get them from Beamdog or download them from Neverwinter Vault.
    TheAmethystDragonZwerkulesLaputianBird
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    @JuliusBorisov I thought a good feature request in the most recent stream was hiding other player infomation when on a multiplayer server. I don't see anything about it on the forums, and I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle, but I feel like having other player info available by default kind of ruins some of the surprise/unpredictability of multiplayer servers. perhaps an admin level toggle can be suggested?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @Dorcus it is already on this Trello card if I'm not mistaken.
    DorcusJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
  • DorcusDorcus Member Posts: 270
    thanks, dude!
    Today's livestream is at 10 AM PT, not PST (there was a switch w/daylight savings last weekend). It's 1 hour 30 minutes from now
  • raz651raz651 Member Posts: 175
    So it should be PDT? :p
    JuliusBorisov
    raz651 said:

So it should be PDT? :p

Correct. https://time.is/PT
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    It's Friday!!!

Woooooooooo!!!

JuliusBorisovronaldoAtrophiederic
    edited March 2018
    Today's livestream is at 10 AM PT, not PST (there was a switch w/daylight savings last weekend). It's 1 hour 30 minutes from now

Thanks a bunch guys. Like you couldn't mention this, like this morning (UK time) or even yesterday. Now instead of being early to the party I damn well missed it.

Colour me totally unimpressed.

TR
    edited March 2018
    I have missed a Stream or two so I know that pain @TarotRedhand

But @JuliusBorisov will post a recap and recorded stream soon enough. It's not the same but it lessens the pain a little.

...Not enough. But a little.

We will all have to do better next week.

JuliusBorisov
    edited March 2018
    Sure, and here it is!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-16-livestream-recap.html

Sorry for not notifying earlier - I myself figured the hour issue only today.
    voidofopinion
    @JuliusBorisov And the sound is about 30 seconds out of sync. You have @TrentOster 's voice coming out of phil's mouth and vice versa. [shudders] I need a darkened room and sedatives.

TR
    AtrophiedericProont
    No that actually happened.

...It was terrifying and afterward no one even mentioned it.
    AtrophiedericProont
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    We need a Phil Daigle fan-club!
    Atrophiedericvoidofopinion
  • Ugly_DuckUgly_Duck Member Posts: 179
    Help with today's Live Stream..

I'm busy all of today and tonight. I'd really like someone to bring up the idea of making the NWN:EE Override Folder function like the override folder in NWN2.

To reiterate what the idea is: Allow the game to read into/inside folders that are placed in the Override Folder. It would be for the purpose of Organization and Tidyness!! This would be a HUGH help for me and lots of other people. Thanks!
    JuliusBorisovvoidofopinion
    Happy FRIDAY!!!

It's Laser Cat Stream day!

And I will be more than happy to ask your question for you @Ugly_Duck

:)
    lefreuttbone1JuliusBorisov
    @Ugly_Duck

Question asked in chat. Question answered on Stream.

Enjoy!

:)
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.