Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Holy crap, @Flashburn.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @OlvynChuru Do you have any idea which mod the fiend femur came from?
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    @Wise_Grimwald It's from my mod, but it's based on an item from Planescape Torment.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

@Wise_Grimwald It's from my mod, but it's based on an item from Planescape Torment.

I thought that it must be something like that as Google gave me all the info on it re Planescape, but there was no other link to a mod. :)
    edited March 2018
    I never would have thought you'd have made it this far, @Flashburn. I'd have thought this was one of the absolute worst classes for soloing the game, but you've managed to work around the death spiral. You must have had to use some very precise movements to minimize enemy pressure, especially during BG1 when a single hit ran the risk of triggering the death spiral.

Isn't it satisfying to land those 100+ damage hits?
    Wait, you have 694 HP? I know I rigged the HP growth to continue scaling at 2d6 after level 9, but I didn't realize that's how far it could go. Krieg must be harder to kill than Firkraag at this point!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @semiticgod
    Boots of Speed + Oil of Speed = VERY fast dorf running at incredible hihg speed. Utilizing that combo is mainly what I did in BG1, but I don't need Oils of Speed as much anymore because of a massive HP pool and acceptable AC.

Krieg can tank the big hits like its nothing but he's quite weak to being damaged repeatedly as the AC and Spell save penalties stack up and work together to initiate and keep you in berserk mode. The problem is compounded by facing large groups (every hit makes it more likely for them to inflict further hits; can only kill 1 thing per round by yourself). That's why it's important to know when to back off and let the rage simmer for a bit before leaping back into the fray.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Congrats!