Skip to content

[MOD] EEUITweaks Mod Collection - All EE (v2.2+) Platforms

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited January 2018
    Luke93 said:

argent77 said:

Hmm, conversion worked perfectly fine on my system. I've attached the converted results.

@subtledoctor It worked!!! So, a couple of comments:
    • It seems that most of iOS PVRZ files are of type "PVRTC_4BPP_RGBA" (i.e., all those files where width == height). When width ~= height, they're of type "DXT1". -> Anyway, can you confirm that now it's possible to use UI mods and/or mods that add/update areas on iOS devices? It's sufficient to run your tool as the last mod and convert override files into "PVRTC_4BPP_RGBA" (option 4), right?
    • What about Mac users? Are they doomed? It seems your tool doesn't work here.... Can you do something?
    Sounds promising. The width == height restriction for PVRTC is a limitation of this specific texture format. That's why I had to add the "-potcanvas + -squarecanvas +" parameters to the conversion command above, which basically expands texture dimension to a square and a power of two size. DXT1 (BC1) has another limitation though. It supports only a single bit of transparency (full or no transparency), so it's only good for tilesets or a few selected UI graphics.

The mod is best installed on top, or at the very least after every mod that installs PVRZ files. The "override only" option doesn't consider files that have been biffed though, so "Generalized Biffing" should be installed afterwards.

I can't say why the tool doesn't work on macOS. You could try to download it directly from here: https://community.imgtec.com/developers/powervr/installers/

There are both online and offline installers available. It's a big compilation of texture-related tools and applications, which also includes the command line tool 'PVRTexToolCLI' as well as a GUI variant.

Edit: I have fine-tuned available installation options in the attached mod. You can skip conversion of DXT1-encoded textures with it.
    Post edited by argent77 on
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2018
    argent77 said:

The mod is best installed on top, or at the very least after every mod that installs PVRZ files.

Why on top? If I install it as my first mod, it won't convert anything (at the beginning there is no file in /override.....)
    I meant on top of (ie. after) all your other mods. Sorry for the confusion.
    edited January 2018
    argent77 said:

I meant on top of (ie. after) all your other mods. Sorry for the confusion.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Anyway, I can confirm your tool isn't working for me :( -> the converted files are of type "PVRTC_4BPP_RGBA" but at the same time empty.... (latest version v3.1, option #6)
    Can you provide additional details about PowerVR Tools & SDK 2017 R2? (i.e., what components must be installed.....)
    The module is called "PowerVR Tools" or "PVR Texture Tools", iirc.

My mod includes the command line version from SDK 2017 R2. However, I've used the files included in the Windows installation package. It could be that the macOS package installs additional libraries for the tool to work correctly.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited February 2018
    Hello everyone,

@AncientCowboy is very busy these days and does not have time anymore to do modding. So a while back, I ask him if I could continue his work and update this wonderful mod.

Here is my first new release of EEUITweaks :)

Update: EEUITweaks v2.7
    Download: EEUITweaks-2.7.zip

New Mods

• Bubb's Store Extension (SoD only) (from here)
    • lefreut's Keep Dialog Box active after death (from LeUI 3.0)

New Skins

• lefreut's Portrait Picker for BGEE and SoD skins
    • lefreut's Character Creation Screens BGEE and SoD skins
    • lefreut's Journal BGEE and SoD skins
    • lefreut's Improved Record Screen BGEE and SoD skins
    • lefreut's Customize Screens Tweaks BGEE and SoD skins
    • lefreut's Inscribed Arcana BGEE and SoD skins

Fixes

• Fix installation of Mods Options and Hidden Game Options on top of Lefreut's Enhanced UI
    • Minor fix and update to Mr2150's Portrait Picker

Compatibility

• Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller is now compatible with LeUI-BGEE and LeUI-SoD
    • lefreut's Portrait Picker is now compatible with Adul's Unhide Chargen Options
    • lefreut's Character Creation Screen is now compatible with Mr2150's Random PC Generator
    • lefreut's Portrait Picker is now compatible with Mr2150's Random PC Generator
    • Mr2150's Random PC Generator is now compatible with LeUI
    • Adul's Unhide Chargen Options is now compatible with LeUI

Updates

• Update to latest LeUI code
    • Update to weidu 244
    NostarielGrammarsaladAxie
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    With SoD only, do you mean that Bubb's Store Extention only works during SoD, or only has the SoD looks?

Are there any plans to extend it to other versions of the game?

Either way, great work!
    Thels said:

With SoD only, do you mean that Bubb's Store Extention only works during SoD, or only has the SoD looks?

It works only with the SoD looks.
    Thels said:

Are there any plans to extend it to other versions of the game?

If @Bubb or @Pecca have the BGEE and/or BG2EE textures, I can make it compatible with the other games.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    edited February 2018
    @lefreut
    Even though I've never tried any image editing before, I've attempted to make the necessary edits for both BGEE (no SoD) and BG2EE. Note that the various STBAKBOT.MOS are (ever so slightly) different sizes, so the area fields of the UI.MENU items might need to be altered to match each game.

Edit: Oh, and if you would rather me convert the mod to the various game editions, I would be happy to.
    @Bubb great, I will add this for the next release :)
    edited November 2018
    argent77 said:

I can't say why the tool doesn't work on macOS. You could try to download it directly from here: https://community.imgtec.com/developers/powervr/installers/

So, I've been using this software (GUI variant) for two days and everything seems to be fine (i.e., the Encode the current texture to a new format process does not seem to generate empty files).

A couple of comments:
    PVRTexTool supports three texture formats: PowerVR texture (PVR); Khronos texture (KTX); and Microsoft Direct Draw Surface (DDS). The tool is also able to read the following image formats: BMP, JPEG and PNG. So, I exported the PVRZ files as PVR (uncompressed) using NI -> the problem is that textures compressed to BC/DXT cannot be opened on this platform (see the attached screenshot. Can this explain why your mod isn't working?).

At this point I exported the PVRZ files as PNG using NI and managed to complete the encoding process. I have a question though: what are the recommended options to choose on the following screen (see the attached screenshot)? For example, I guess that I should set Group/API to OpenGL ES 2 (see my third screenshot....)

After that I converted the PVR files back to PVRZ using NI (and now I can see them in NI, they're not empty....)
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • GrunkerGrunker Member Posts: 46
    Hi, I installed this via Big World Setup, and I wanted the full Lefreut GUI. However Big World Setup told me the Lefreut GUI itself clashed with the EEUITweaks and I shouldn't install them both, and I figured it was because I would get the full Lefreut GUI in any case.

I installed the mods and have a lot of UI-changes - but not the full Lefreut GUI. Chiefly, I'm missing the main screen UI changes (such as button removal). Am I screwed or can I somehow install that?
    @Grunker I don't know why BWS don't want to install both. EEUITweaks can be installed on top of LeUI (not everything will be available, but some components are compatible).

The cleanest is to uninstall EEUITweaks and then install LeUI (and EEUITweaks is you still need it).

If you can't or don't want to, you can simply directly install LeUI, it will override the whole UI so you will lose the components from EEUITweaks but you will have everything from LeUI.
    Maybe I didn't clearly state the issue: the LeUI mod in BWS clashes with the LeUI-options from EEUITweaks.

This makes sense, since they probably overwrite each other, but should they be safe to install together regardless? I guess I could just uninstall everything EEUITweaks that seems to be LeUI related, but I'm not sure I would catch everything :D
    edited April 2018
    LeUI overwrites the whole UI where EEUITweaks only patches the relevant part of the UI. If you want both, you must install LeUI first and then EEUITweaks.

In this case, EEUITweaks will detect LeUI and will indeed refuse to install the LeUI-components (but only because you already have them so there is nothing to add). Other components will be available if compatible.
    Cool beans. Thanks.
  • BlackTalonsBlackTalons Member Posts: 12
    I have a problem getting BG EET to recognize custom portraits after installing this mod with BWS, including the Mr2150's portrait picker component. I'm used to just placing the images on the portraits folders on the "My Documents" directory for Baldurs gate, but with this mod installed, no matter where I put them the game still fails to show the new portraits. I have tryed in the dedicated My Docs EET folder, as well as in the override and portrait folder in the installation directory without any kind of result. Do I have to register them manually somewhere?

I have a problem getting BG EET to recognize custom portraits after installing this mod with BWS, including the Mr2150's portrait picker component. I'm used to just placing the images on the portraits folders on the "My Documents" directory for Baldurs gate, but with this mod installed, no matter where I put them the game still fails to show the new portraits. I have tryed in the dedicated My Docs EET folder, as well as in the override and portrait folder in the installation directory without any kind of result. Do I have to register them manually somewhere?

You need to register the portrait in the M_BG.lua file (see here for more details).
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    @AncientCowboy @lefreut
    Strings in Mods Options and Hidden Game Options don't display properly in BGII new 2.5 patch. Version of EEUITweaks is 2.8.

Screenshots:

lefreut
    c4_angel said:

@AncientCowboy @lefreut
    Strings in Mods Options and Hidden Game Options don't display properly in BGII new 2.5 patch. Version of EEUITweaks is 2.8.

It's because of a change in how Infinity_DoFile works. Before, if you call multiple time Infinity_DoFile with the same file, only the first call did something, the other calls did not reload the file as it was already loaded. Now in 2.5, the file is always reloaded.

I will workaround this (the current code is not robust anyway) but @JuliusBorisov do you know if this change was intentional or if it was an unintended side-effect ?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Not sure, actually. The best way to check - to file an issue on Redmine so that it could go through Triage.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @lefreut What's preventing you from just adding the strings to the L_xx_XX.lua or dialog.tlk file? It works with Mod Options (quick test), is there something more complex that it doesn't work with?
    edited May 2018
    It will work, it's just that the UI provide the mechanism that automatically load M_.lua files and I think it's nicer and easier to use it than to patch files.
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    lefreut said:

I think it's nicer and easier to use it than to patch files.

Ah, I guess I'm just too accustomed to patching files being the standard for the rest (non-UI) of this game.

As for why it now reloads the files - I would guess it's so the Language can be changed in-game without requiring a restart of the game. This was the closest report I could find that might be related: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23481
    lefreut
    Hello everyone,

Another update to EEUITweaks with some new skins and a better compatibility with the upcoming 2.5 patch.

Update: EEUITweaks v2.9
    Download: EEUITweaks-2.9.zip

New Skins

• @BillyYank's Multi-Portrait for IWDEE 2.5
    • lefreut's Portrait Picker for IWDEE 2.5

Compatibility

• Mods Options and Hidden Game Options compatibility with beta 2.5
    • Fix corrupted scrollbar with beta 2.5

Updates

• lefreut's Store Screen Tweaks: Add Select All button in Store and Container screens
    • lefreut's Journal: Add option to collapse quests by default
    • lefreut's 1.3-ish Dialog Box: Code from LeUI-IWDEE
    RavenslightNostariel
    Quick and small update to fix one bug :)

Update: EEUITweaks v2.9.1
    Download: EEUITweaks-2.9.1.zip

Fix

• Hidden Game Options not correctly saving on exit.
    ALIEN
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @lefreut, just a request for a fix.

The 'lefreut's Alternative Scroll Bar' is no longer compatible with BG2EE 2.5. I noticed it was fixed in your full GUI mod, any chance of a fix here?

Thanks
    Gus
    @Gusinda It was removed from the UI mod not fixed. I can't make it compatible with 2.5 :/
    Gusinda
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @lefreut, ahh I see. Oh well, is not a problem then...

Thanks
    Gus