Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited April 2018

@Contemplative_Hamster and everyone else who is concerned about the NPCs missing innate abilities, here is a little hotfix mod. Install it any time after FnP. It can be used with games in progress, but will not affect any NPCs you've already met.

When I tried to download your hot-fix again. (I foolishly allowed it to be deleted) I discovered that it is no longer possible. :(

IGNORE THE ABOVE

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShantuShantu Member Posts: 1
    Just a nitpick, Moander hated cold so the minor access to Water doesn't seem very fitting, especially since all those spells are frost spells. Could replace it with Fire instead, or Protection if you want to give Minions a more useful sphere.

Moander also provided immunity to poison and disease (according to Faiths & Avatars, p.121), which is missing from the kit. I don't think it would be gamebreaking, compared to the bonuses some other priests get.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited April 2018
    He is right. I just checked Faiths and Avatars and Netheril: Empire of Magic. Moander cultists are instructed to build huge piles of compost to host Moander (which as any gardener will tell you tend to get rather warm), to keep the lands the avatar might pass through as warm as possible, to build huge bonfires in its honour during the cold months, and to fight cold with fire and magic.

EDIT: Is it possible to have Focus access to TWO spheres? Because Plant and Affliction seem a really strong and appropriate combination for a Moander cleric - who could then do with less special abilties to compensate for the strong magic.
    Post edited by Contemplative_Hamster on
    edited April 2018
    @subtledoctor My recent installation of EET was using BWS. It warned me off installing the sphere system and I am wondering if the lack of spells for clerics is due to not installing the sphere system.

If I am right about that, is it too late to install it on this installation?

On previous installations, Tenya had her spells despite not installing the sphere system, now she doesn't, any explanation?

Set-up below

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~SETUP-WEIDU.TP2~ #0 #0 // 24400
    ~SETUP-DARKHORIZONSBGEE.TP2~ #0 #0 // "Dark Horizons" Mod for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: BG:EE v213 BWP Fix
    ~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Drizzt Saga for BGEE/Tutu/BGT -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: v3.00
    ~DRIZZTSAGA/DRIZZTSAGA.TP2~ #0 #3 // Delayed start: Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower: v3.00
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Slime Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Beregost Family Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Installing the Babysitting Quest, including the Carnival Encounter...: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Nashkel Monster Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Fallen Paladin Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Undying Love Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Orcish Lover Encounter: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Unexpected Help Quest: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #8 // "Many Little Paws": v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Drunk near Beregost Temple: v15
    ~BGQE/SETUP-BGQE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Warm Place for Noober: v15
    ~SOA/SETUP-SOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Stone of Askavar for TotSC/Tutu/BGT/BGEE -> Default version: areas connected by travel triggers: 2.1
    ~KARATUR/SETUP-KARATUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // T'Was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur: v1 BWP fix
    ~SETUP-BG1AERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie for BG:EE
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #20 // The BG1 NPC Project: Eldoth's Starting Location -> Eldoth Starts on the Coast Way: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #22 // The BG1 NPC Project: Quayle's Starting Location -> Quayle Starts at the Nashkel Carnival: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #24 // The BG1 NPC Project: Tiax's Starting Location -> Tiax Starts in Beregost: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #26 // BGEE Banter Timing Tweak: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #3 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Imoen her BG2 portrait: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #4 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Jaheira her BG2 portrait: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #5 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Minsc his BG2 portrait: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #28 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #31 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v23.3
    ~BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v23.3
    ~BG1NPCMUSIC/SETUP-BG1NPCMUSIC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project Music Pack -> Install All Audio: v6
    ~CORANBGFRIEND/CORANBGFRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Coran's Extended BG Friendship Talks: v4
    ~FINCHNPC/FINCHNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Finch NPC: v4.0 BETA 7
    ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin NPC for Tutu, BGT, and BG:EE: 14
    ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin: Romance (mature content): 14
    ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Gavin: Flirts (adult content): 14
    ~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gavin: Alternate Portraits (Default portrait is already installed) -> Dawnbringer, by Amaurea: 14
    ~VALERIE/VALERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu: v1.1 BWP Fix
    ~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu: v2.3
    ~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Valerie/Isra crossmod banter?: v2.3
    ~ISRA/SETUP-ISRA.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Gavin/Isra crossmod banter?: v2.3
    ~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
    ~SIRENE/SETUP-SIRENE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Sirene NPC for Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
    ~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Neera Expansion: v1.1
    ~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #4 // How much time would you like between talks (approximately)? -> 1.5 hours (default): v1.1
    ~NEERA/NEERA.TP2~ #0 #6 // Make Neera romanceable by women?: v1.1
    ~NEERABANTERS/NEERABANTERS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Neera Banters: Dialogue Banters and Interjections: v0.9.1
    ~SETUP-TENYATHERMIDOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tenya Thermidor for BG:EE
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #28 // Prism and the Emeralds Tweak: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v15.1
    ~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v15.1
    Upon reading the BG2 Weidu, it seems that I did install the sphere system.

Thanks. In previous installations I had innate spells due to the kit, and casting the spell to get the kit a second time gave me those spells a second time. I was therefore avoiding casting the spell if I already had the kit. At least this clarifies things. I'll do a bit of testing now I know how things work before progressing with my no-reload game.
    According to the comment at the bottom here: It should be possible to create a Sworn of Cyric Thief/Cleric using the mod but it is currently impossible without using EE Keeper. Is this likely to be possible in the near future?
    edited April 2018
    Two quickies:

I have just created a fighter/Battleguard of Tempus and he has 4 Berserker spells memorised at level 1. I am thinking that this is too many. Am I correct?

Similarly my Watcher of Helm has two inate "Seeking Sword" spells. I think that he should only have one. When he was created he had one spell, but when I cast the spell to make him a watcher he picked up another Seeking Sword spell.

I am assuming that having installed F n P, that now is not the right time to install beta 0.74.30?
    I already have countless kits that I have never tried so "Sworn of Cyric" Cleric Thief is not top priority at present.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    I have recently rolled a Child of Blood. He didn't have either of the innate spells. However in EE Keeper I changed his level to 0 and upon levelling up he gained the spells. I am sure this bug will be rectified eventually, but this work-around is fine until then.
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    With a BWS install for EET, is it ok to run Divine Remix with Faiths and Powers?
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    How do the Champions/Zealots interact with Paladin-only items? (Carsomyr, the Paladin Blade in IWD Dorn's Deep)

How do Mystics/Rangers/Champions/Priests/Zealots interact with the class-specific dialogue options in IWD:EE?
    Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Priests are Clerics, I dare to presume? :smile:
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad (when you get done with classes anyway)

Any chance of getting a Champion of Ellistraee kit?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited May 2018
    ThacoBell said:

@subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad (when you get done with classes anyway)

Any chance of getting a Champion of Ellistraee kit?

I thought that we had one(?)

Maybe that is a zealot. But, yeah, definitely.

It looks like I've missed a few messages, er, a few pages worth of messages. I've been out of commission for, what is it, 3 months(?) Is that it? Feels longer. It's been a rough 3 months.

Anyway, I'm a bit behind on what is going on with this mod, what are the current outstanding issues, etc. I have to first figure out how to integrate existing changes into a build that I was working on those 3 long months ago before I can even think about additional fixes or additions.

If you could, if you find any bugs or have any requests, please add them as 'issues' to github:

https://github.com/UnearthedArcana/Faiths_and_Powers/issues

That will help me to keep track of everything.

EDIT: Also, if you happen to notice an issue that has been fixed, feel free to drop a response in that entry letting me know.

Best
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, we have a zealot of Ellistraee. And welcome back!
    edited May 2018
    Installed this on IWDEE, with RR, Hidden Gameplay Options, T&B, F&P, M&G, Tweaks Anthology & SoB.
    Zealots don't work: I can select "Zealot" via the Champion option, but once in-game, I have no further options to select a specific Zealot.
    Ranger/Priest doesn't offer the option to put proficiency points in Bows at character creation.

Please note that both the Champion & the Ranger/Priest could select dieties normally.
    What about a Ranger/Paladin? Playing PoE2 got me thinking about it. I imagine it could be done using Cleric/Thief as a base.
    @subtledoctor "TBH I don't quite see the point. Why do that as a multiclass? The sphere system allows rangers to have cleric spells and paladins to have druid spells... for something like a ranger/paladin, I'd probably just make a ranger kit with some cleric spells abd paladin special abilities. The only thing you lose is turn undead... but you could just call that one of the kit's disadvantages. Or, actually, you could do it as a toggleable innate ability."

I guess a multi wouldn't add much to the table. Can you tell I like to throw out random class ideas as they cross my mind?
    I'm going to leave the Zealot as is, then. Not feeling like doing some manual adjustment, which would need a re-install anyway.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

I'm trying to FINALLY play SoD, and installing FnP onto the iOS version - so, 2.5.13

I think SoD is still on v2.3(PC)/v.24(Mobile).

... because SoD has not been a part of the beta. This beta has been for BG:EE only.

v2.5 is the beta.

Still an odd place for it to fail.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @subtledoctor SoD is NOT part of the current beta. It definitell should not be 2.5 yet. After BG and BG2 get their official 2.5 patches, SoD is the next focus.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.