Skip to content

Diablo II Enhanced Edition

Comments

• xpanterxpanter Member Posts: 1
    Does this work full screen on win 7, do I need to do something?
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    xpanter said:

Does this work full screen on win 7, do I need to do something?

It should work. On Windows versions later than XP, make sure that you adjust D2SE compatibility settings.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited May 2019

It's time for more... experiments

I've been playing around with some more interesting curse ideas:
    Hex (a damaging curse bolt), Torment (a damaging curse storm) and Petrify curse (turns an enemy to stone)
    (video removed)
    Post edited by God on
    GusindaJuliusBorisov
  • leekunleekun Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2018
    Nice!
    Mojomancer is Finally a thing now. \o/
    Post edited by leekun on
    God
    edited May 2019
    I had to revise a summoning skill and came up with something that will make melee Necromancers happy :smirk:

Some disciples of Rathma, either through the employ of alchemistic mutagens or their deep spiritual connection to He Who is the Fulcrum of the Balance, are said to be able to transform into a writhing serpent abomination...

Rathma's Transformation (with passive Balance of Form) in action:
    (video removed)
    Post edited by God on
    mlneveseGusindalolienJuliusBorisov
    edited May 2019

Tim the Enchanter:

Isendra the Sorceress:

(video removed)

:D
    Post edited by God on
    mlnevesetbone1GusindaJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Petrification looks too OP. I can't think of any alternative from the base game. Imagine if enemies could petrify your hardcore characters on the Hell difficulty?

Petrification looks too OP. I can't think of any alternative from the base game. Imagine if enemies could petrify your hardcore characters on the Hell difficulty?

Mechanically, Petrification is just freeze with a different colour overlay. When cast on bosses or player characters, it only slows them.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Still, there's no "Freeze" spell in the base game, it's only available as a part of unique items.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790

Still, there's no "Freeze" spell in the base game, it's only available as a part of unique items.

Ice Blast. Glacial Spike? Freezes AND deals damage at the same time.
    GodlolienJuliusBorisovbob_veng
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    And sorcerers are not overpowered because of those :D
    JuliusBorisov
    Ok then, guess this is what I get for not playing a sorceress in this game...
    Having experience of assassins, druids and necromancers, I have immediately thought that a skill like Petrify will make playing them a lot easier...
    Godlolien
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    Glacial Spike hardly qualifies. The freeze time is shorter than you can run several feet away and resume barrage, especially on harder difficulties.
    Ice Blast is kinda ok for that, but it's single target and its duration is also lacking unless you invest into it (not the best decision).
    JuliusBorisovlolienbob_veng
    edited May 2019

Some high-level Zann Esu spells (work in progress):

(video removed)
    Post edited by God on
    GusindalolienJuliusBorisov
    Question. Do these two ice spells make Glacial Spike and Blizzard obselete?
    JuliusBorisovGod
    O_Bruce said:

Question. Do these two ice spells make Glacial Spike and Blizzard obselete?

I would like to think they serve a different function (crowd control rather than DPS) but there is some overlap, since they also deal damage. Balancing this stuff will be a nightmare :D
    I think you can try to make all new abilities less powerful than those in the base game. This way nobody will say they're OP. I'm sure even if you'll aim for that, a few of the abilities will be more powerful (players will always find the way). While others will stay as an alternative to what we all have got used to during these years, thus making playthroughs exciting and fresh. And who doesn't like challenges?
    lolien
    I wonder if melee Amazons will become as viable as Paladins and Barbarians.
    JuliusBorisov
    Are traps gay?
    God
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Some, presumably, but not all. Same goes for their fans.
    God
    I kinda like that shitty announcement trailer.
    Godlolien