Skip to content

[How to] Install mods on Android

Comments

• junyangchejunyangche Member Posts: 32
    Caszidy said:

@JuliusBorisov Hi I tried it, but unfortunatelly I must say, that it's still not working :'(
    Maybe someone else will try it too and confirm my test ( @Gusinda @Isaya ?)

I have successfully installed more than 50 mod in the latest version, and the game runs normally, and the text can also be displayed. my method is to replace the original file with dialog.tlk files ( and other files ) by unpacking the data packets, and then repackage them. it is especially important to emphasize that the data packets must be the same size and cannot be less than one byte.
    CaszidyJuliusBorisovGusinda

CaszidyJuliusBorisov

JuliusBorisov
    In short, it is to put all files updated by mod into ptach ... this packet ( replacing the original file with the same name ), except override. Then, by deleting some voice packets in other languages and adding some files, the size of the packets can be kept unchanged, and then the packets are subjected to central fix operation, and then the game can be played. :)
    CaszidyJuliusBorisov
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    @junyangche Wow, that's some really new process. Thanks for sharing this :+1: Definitelly will try it :+1:
    JuliusBorisov
    @junyangche Unfortunatelly I wasn't able to make it work :(
    The size of Patch packet must be absolutely same as original ?(I mean to the last exact byte? 1 674 996 443 bytes?) Because make that happen is really really "pain in the ass". I don't know why, but when I balance all the files to that exact size, than zipping it strangely change the size despite the fact, that I of course chose method of compression "without compression". So than I re-calculate the size of zipped file and make unzipped file smaller and than zipped it, but the size was again different, than I calculate :s
    And you re-compile also that main.506.obb file, or only patch.500.obb file?
    And one more question - you change re-packed patch.500 file type from .zip to .obb only by renaming it or by some special process? (not talking about centralfixing, I get it, that that is a must).
    Sorry for so many questions o:)
    Caszidy said:

The size of Patch packet must be absolutely same as original ?(I mean to the last exact byte? 1 674 996 443 bytes?) Because make that happen is really really "pain in the ass". I don't know why, but when I balance all the files to that exact size, than zipping it strangely change the size despite the fact, that I of course chose method of compression "without compression". So than I re-calculate the size of zipped file and make unzipped file smaller and than zipped it, but the size was again different, than I calculate :s
    And one more question - you change re-packed patch.500 file type from .zip to .obb only by renaming it or by some special process? (not talking about centralfixing, I get it, that that is a must).

only patch.500.obb file.

only by renaming it.
    JuliusBorisov
    I use Assassinations v12 MOD as an example, which will be easier to understand.
    1. install Assassinations v12 MOD in the same way as before. Here, I choose to install English into dialog. tlk of en_US folder.
    2. because dialog.tlk in en_US folder is a little larger after mod is installed, in order to keep the packet byte size unchanged, we must delete some contents in the packet, and I delete dialog.tlk files in de_DE folder ( any other languages will do ).
    3. open the windows " run" program ( click " start" in the lower left corner, then you can find " run", click and enter " cmd", and then a command box will appear ). enter " fsutil file createnew 000.000 0" in the box ( 000.000 is the file name, any name will be ok, and the last 0 is the byte size of the file ), press the enter key, and then in the users \ administrator folder of c disk, you will find 000.000 files.
    4. cut and put 000.000 files in the de_DE folder, and delete the contents in the data folder except CHASound.bif CRESound.bif NPCSoCD2.bif NPCSoCD3.bif NPCSoCD4.bif NPCSound.bif, because these six files are files in patch.500.com ... packets.( it should be noted here that if a mod is installed and the files in the data folder are updated, you also need to keep it, which can be easily found by observing the " modification date" ), and then compress the five folders "data lang movies music scripts " together . Using " stored" compressed.( chitin. key and engine.Lua should not be compressed, because they are contents in main.506.com packets ).
    5. look at the new compressed packet byte size, and you will find that it is 1,663,729,386 bytes, while the original patch.500.com ... packet byte size is 1,674,996,443. 1,674,996,443 - 1,663,729,386 = 11,267,057 bytes.
    6. let's repeat the method of step 3, but now the input is not 0 bytes, but 11,267,057 bytes.The details are as follows: open the " run" program of windows, click and enter " cmd", enter " fsutil file createnew 000.000 11267057" in the command box, and press the enter key. Then in the users \ administrator folder of disk c, you will find 000.000 files, and the byte size of this new 000.000 file is 11,267,057.
    7. put the new 000.000 files in the de_DE folder, replace the original 0 - byte 000.000 files, and then " store" compress the "data lang movies music scripts" together again. you will find that the new compressed file size is 1,674,996,443, which is exactly the same as the original patch.500.com ... packet byte size(not pain in the ass any more,but a piece of cake).
    8. change the name of this compressed package, for example, patch.zip ( for convenience ), and then through "centralfix" operation, you can get the data package that can be recognized by the game, and change the file name to " patch.500.com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededitio.obb" and then you can use it.
    9. the override folder is placed in files, and this step is the same as before.
    10. finally, please note that some mod may add the world map folder ( or other similar folders ) which is needed by the game, so this folder should also be put into the compression process of step 4.
    CaszidyJuliusBorisovGusindakrion64

Caszidy said:

only patch.500.obb file.

only by renaming it.
    This method is suitable for any previous version, because the game packets are verified by byte size.
    CaszidyJuliusBorisov
    Caszidy said:

Even you can compress the files in override into BIF files and put them into data, which can improve the smoothness of the game.
    CaszidyJuliusBorisov
    @junyangche Amazing, thanks a lot for explaining the process :+1:
    Gusinda
    @junyangche You are genius :+1: It's working :+1: I really, really, really thank you.
    JuliusBorisovGusinda
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    I install Spell Revalence mod and compressed override and lang folder. Text is ok but when character uses few spells, game is off.

this time, i unzipped override folder and game is not off. why this thing happens?
    If mod is installed incorrectly, game has to be off whether override folder is zipped or unzipped.

game is work when override is unzipped, but game loading is so slow because game reads many override files.

installing android mod is so painful..

I install Spell Revalence mod and compressed override and lang folder. Text is ok but when character uses few spells, game is off.

this time, i unzipped override folder and game is not off. why this thing happens?
    If mod is installed incorrectly, game has to be off whether override folder is zipped or unzipped.

game is work when override is unzipped, but game loading is so slow because game reads many override files.

Use " generated biffing" to compress files in the override folder. the method of using "generated biffing" is the same as installing mod. When the compression is completed, the generated "xxx. BIF" files will be in the data folder ( there will be some files left in the override, but only very few files ), and then packaged into " patch ... OBB" files, and the specific packaging method is above. You will find that the running speed of the game is almost as fast as that of the original version.
    JuliusBorisovlegotaksinGusinda
    Caszidy said:

@junyangche You are genius :+1: It's working :+1: I really, really, really thank you.

glad to hear it works :)
    JuliusBorisovCaszidy

Caszidy said:

Use " generated biffing" to compress files in the override folder. the method of using "generated biffing" is the same as installing mod. When the compression is completed, the generated "xxx. BIF" files will be in the data folder ( there will be some files left in the override, but only very few files ), and then packaged into " patch ... OBB" files, and the specific packaging method is above. You will find that the running speed of the game is almost as fast as that of the original version.

what you mean is

override file -> biffing
    other folder (lang, data, sound etc) -> patch~.obb

right?

i know a little about biffing.
    when biffing files are in android folder, game recognize that biffing file?
    and where i can find biffing install file?

my english is not good..
    thanks your help. :smile:

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    yes,exactly like that. at last centralfix the "patch......OBB" file and it can be recognize by game.
    you can find it here.
    http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/741-generalized-biffing/
    JuliusBorisovlegotaksin

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    yes,exactly like that. at last centralfix the "patch......OBB" file and it can be recognize by game.
    you can find it here.
    okay i will try tomorrow.
    thanks a lot :smile:
    edited May 2018

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.
    after biffing(i chose option1(all most thingsare biffed), i tried your method and game is work.
    but game didn't recognize biff file..sad:(

i tryied few times but biffing doesn't work in android..
    Post edited by legotaksin on

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.
    after biffing(i chose option1(all most thingsare biffed), i tried your method and game is work.

There is one more step that you must do. after you install some MODS, the "chitin. key" file is also changed. you must put this file in " main ... OBB" to replace the original one( only in this way can the new XXX. BIF file be recognized by the game ). in order to keep the packet size unchanged, you must also delete some files in " main ... OBB", such as " neera. BIF" ( this file is only related to a new teammate and does not affect the game running ), and then the packaging method is the same as " patch ... OBB". Then you can run the game. I have tried this method and everything is ok.
    JuliusBorisov

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

There is one more step that you must do. after you install some MODS, the "chitin. key" file is also changed. you must put this file in " main ... OBB" to replace the original one( only in this way can the new XXX. BIF file be recognized by the game ). in order to keep the packet size unchanged, you must also delete some files in " main ... OBB", such as " neera. BIF" ( this file is only related to a new teammate and does not affect the game running ), and then the packaging method is the same as " patch ... OBB". Then you can run the game. I have tried this method and everything is ok.
    oh ! i have a chance again!
    but i bought neera contents. if i delete neera.bif, this doesn't affect neera?
    can i know what files are deleted? except neera.bif

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

I am just giving an example, and you can also choose to delete other files. From the file name, you should be able to guess what kind of files it is. for example, " blackpit. BIF" is obviously black pit file. if you only play SOA and TOB, then I recommend that you delete " blackpit. BIF" file.
    JuliusBorisov

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

I am just giving an example, and you can also choose to delete other files. From the file name, you should be able to guess what kind of files it is. for example, " blackpit. BIF" is obviously black pit file. if you only play SOA and TOB, then I recommend that you delete " blackpit. BIF" file.
    i tried again and game is work but when i use spell, game is down again..
    i guess that it is not fault of your method.
    i think it is about mod problem..
    if u are ok, can u upload ur weidu log?
    sorry for plaguing

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

sorry for plaguing
    I don't understand what you mean. it should have nothing to do with weidu.log.

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

sorry for plaguing
    never mind. I ask you one more question.
    do you install spell revision mod?

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

sorry for plaguing
    no,I didn't try to install spell revision mod

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

sorry for plaguing
    no,I didn't try to install spell revision mod
    okay, even i fail to run game with spell revision mod but i really appreciate your supporting. :smile:

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

sorry for plaguing
    I also found "when i use spell, game is down",i don't know how to deal with it.i will figure it out.
    edited May 2018

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

sorry for plaguing
    I also found "when i use spell, game is down",i don't know how to deal with it.i will figure it out.
    do you use spell revision mod or other mod?
    when I installed other tweak or banter pack mod using old method (not using chaing obb file), game works well.
    and i found that some spell code?(i don't know exactly) are changed after 2.5 beta in SCS mod thread.
    so i guess few things.

1. changing obb file makes problem.
    2. mod related to spell makes problem.
    if caes is 2, there are 2 cases.
    2.1. mod version is old so not matched 2.5 beta version spell code or something.
    2.2. changing spell must make problem in android
    3. using centralfix makes spell problem.

i will try to install scs ( i find it works pefactly in 2.5.16.4 pc version).
    scs also affects some spells so if i failed, i think it is not mod problem.

of course, it is just my guess.

-------------------

i finally know what is the problem.
    i failed install scs. after i remove all things and install only one basic mod and use biffing and make obb files.
    but it is fail again.
    so i think biffing is problem.
    biffing makes game shut down.
    i sure 99%
    it is sad becuz if biffing does not work, android user can't install heavy mod..

Post edited by legotaksin on

Caszidy said:

what you mean is

override file -> biffing

right?

my english is not good..
    you can find it here.

sorry for plaguing
    do you use spell revision mod or other mod?
    when I installed other tweak or banter pack mod using old method (not using chaing obb file), game works well.
    and i found that some spell code?(i don't know exactly) are changed after 2.5 beta in SCS mod thread.
    so i guess few things.

1. changing obb file makes problem.
    2. mod related to spell makes problem.
    if caes is 2, there are 2 cases.
    2.1. mod version is old so not matched 2.5 beta version spell code or something.
    2.2. changing spell must make problem in android
    3. using centralfix makes spell problem.

i will try to install scs ( i find it works pefactly in 2.5.16.4 pc version).
    scs also affects some spells so if i failed, i think it is not mod problem.

of course, it is just my guess.

-------------------

i finally know what is the problem.
    i failed install scs. after i remove all things and install only one basic mod and use biffing and make obb files.
    but it is fail again.
    so i think biffing is problem.
    biffing makes game shut down.
    i sure 99%
    it is sad becuz if biffing does not work, android user can't install heavy mod..

but biffing works on computer game of baldur,it can spell and won't shut down.