Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (SoD skin) (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
edited April 2019 in UI Modding
Hello,

This mod is a variation of LeUI but this time with the SoD skin.

It completes my UI mod trilogy. LeUI is now available with all three EE skins (the BG1EE variation is here). It means you can choose to use the skin you like the most and use it through the whole BG saga. Or you can use a different skin for each game but with a consistent UI.

This mod contains the full UI.menu (and resources) and should be used only if you don't have any other UI modifications. Otherwise, I publish most of the individual tweaks in this forum and you can install them with the mod EEUITweaks.

Installation:

Download the archive here.
This mod is compatible with BG1EE, Sod, BG2EE and EET (v2.5).

Content:

Improved start screen

Improved character creation screens

Improved main screen

Lot of tiny changes: alignment of buttons, removal of button I don't use, ...

Improved inventory screen

From here.

Improved record screen

Inspired by the mockup from this discussion .

Item description tweaks

Store screens tweaks

With this this.

Journal screens

Restore and fix the journal screens.

And a lot of other changes (see the LeUI thread for more details, both mod share the same features, only the skin change), I didn't retake a screenshot for everything.

Changelog:
v3.9: Update dialog code. Add character name in some screens. Abilities -> Ability Bonuses. Tweak inventory text box.
v3.8: Remove compatibility with 2.3. Change tooltip 'World Map' to 'Area Map'. Take 'More Confirmation Prompts' into account when removing memorized spells. Tweak text scroll speed in chapter and dream. New dialog code by Adul. Spells screen. Buttons in character creation.
v3.7: Fix using back button in level up screen doubling proficiencies or thief points. Minor tweaks.
v3.6: Compatibility fix with SoD 2.5. Add new option Left click on portrait to level up.
v3.5.1: Fix message box scrolling.
v3.5: More robust detection of update 2.5. More robust detection of EET. Fix show highlight button tooltip. Fix quicksave button in 2.5. Fix combat log in 2.5. Fix using back button in level up screen doubling proficiencies or thief points.
v3.4: Detect game version to install 2.3 or 2.5 UI.menu. Add install option to collapse quests by default.
v3.3.1: Highlight character name input area.
v3.3: Compatibility with 2.5. Update dialog box code. Fix some wrong strref. Add missing sound on some buttons. Add Select All button in Store and Container screens. Add install option to Show Sidebar toggle button, Quicksave button, Highlight button and small buttons.
v3.2: Fix regression introduced in v3.1. Detect Unhide Chargen Options.
v3.1: Aligned version number with LeUI. Add missing weapon style bonus to the Record screen. Show a message when overriding a keyboard shortcut that is already used. Add tooltips in mage and priest spells book. Fix 'Pick to me' with Shaman.
v1.5: Improved adorned letters. Combat log remains scrollable after death. Prepare for patch 2.5.
v1.4: Re-add Tutorial button for BGEE. Fix for empty item description. Add missing files.
v1.3: Restore adorned first letter for chapter, dream and epilogue. Re-add worldmap button.
v1.2: Restore adorned first letter in item and spell description.
v1.1: Minor tweaks.
v1.0: Initial release.
Post edited by lefreut on
PeccaJuliusBorisovFlashburnAndreaColomboEtaminKilivitzBelegCuthalionMaarudRakhsevImionakungfuhobbitAaeight

Comments

• ImionaImiona Member Posts: 30
    Many thanks for that, but how can i install this without breaking everything when i used BWS for installing (your fixes and the default UI)? Do i really have to re-install everything from scratch?

Thank you :)
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Imiona
    edited November 2019
    BelegCuthalionJuliusBorisovSssiksseilor
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    kinda dumb question....do I install your original UI mod and then this or just this?
    edited November 2019
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    thanks!
  • MaarudMaarud Member Posts: 13
    Just wanted you to know that this mod is a godsend to me - probably the only thing I don't like in the enhanced edition of SoA is the utterly atrocious UI. With this mod installed my experience is 100% better, thank you!
    AedanAndreaColomboGusinda
  • RakhsevRakhsev Member Posts: 11
    Same as above, this is just fantastic.

Area Map

World Map

Spells
    AndreaColomboGusinda
    Thanks guys :)
    AndreaColombo
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @lefreut Any chance to have Borderless Fullscreen Worldmap? It's something which @swit did for old version of EETTweaks: https://github.com/K4thos/EET_Tweaks/commit/2d2f400a2325534fe265e8111a5f688c9ce0b54f
    @ALIEN this bug needs to be fixed first.
    Sssiksseilor
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @lefreut Even for 'hafl-working, bugged version' ? I can live with black spaces. Can you do such separate tweak without including it into mod until it's get fixed?
    edited April 2018
    @ALIEN Here is a quick and dirty solution. You will get huge black borders and if the worldmap is smaller than you screen resolution, the map will be align to the top left.

Search for the "WORLD_MAP" menu and replace it with this code.
    menu
    {
    	name "WORLD_MAP"
    	align left top
    	onOpen
    	"
    		local w,h = Infinity_GetScreenSize()
    		Infinity_SetArea('mapBackground',0,0,w,h)
    		Infinity_SetArea('mapArea',0,0,w,h)
    		local x = (w - 2 * 234 - 28) / 2
    		Infinity_SetArea('mapTravelButton',x,h - 52,nil,nil)
    		Infinity_SetArea('mapBackButton',x + 234 + 28,h - 52,nil,nil)
    	"
    	label
    	{
    		name "mapBackground"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    		fill 0 0 0 255
    	}
    	map
    	{
    		name "mapArea"
    		area 0 0 1920 1080
    		worldmap
    		action
    		"
    			worldMapScreen:OnMapMouseDown(eventXCoord,eventYCoord)
    			if singleClickTravel and worldMapScreen:IsTravelButtonClickable() then
    				worldMapScreen:TravelToSelected()
    			end
    		"
    		actionDbl
    		"
    		"
    		actionDrag
    		"
    			worldMapScreen:OnMapMouseMove(eventXCoord,eventYCoord)
    		"
    	}
    	button
    	{
    		name "mapTravelButton"
    		area 712 1028 234 44
    		bam GUIOSTUL
    		text "TRAVEL_BUTTON"
    		text style "button"
    		clickable lua "worldMapScreen:IsTravelButtonClickable()"
    		action
    		"
    		"
    	}
    	button
    	{
    		name "mapBackButton"
    		area 974 1028 234 44
    		bam GUIOSTUR
    		text "BACK_BUTTON"
    		text style "button"
    		on escape
    		action
    		"
    			if worldMapScreen:IsTravelButtonVisible() or fromAreaMap then
    				worldMapScreen:OnCancelButtonClick()
    			else
    				e:GetActiveEngine():OnLeftPanelButtonClick(0)
    			end
    			fromAreaMap = false
    		"
    	}
    }
    ALIEN
  • joshuar9476joshuar9476 Member Posts: 55
    Lefreut:

A question for you. I've been using your SOD skin and moving some things around to my liking. I've been at an impasse for some time and it has me stuck. I have attached a screenshot. The center box is your box5 message box. I then made new boxes on each side using your box5, but since it isn't as long, it cuts off the right. No big deal. I noticed you had to put box5b for the bottom as did i for the other two. So i made a png of the frame at a size of 4x100, dumped it in the override folder, and entered in the code:

label
    {
    area 1690 972 4 100
    mosaic bar
    }

The image is called bar.png. I can't get it to show up. It's as if it's transparent. Any ideas? I'll attach the png too.
    @joshuar9476 I tried your texture and it works for me. Maybe the problem is in the UI.menu. If you can attach it here, I can have a look.
    joshuar9476
    lefreut said:

@joshuar9476 I tried your texture and it works for me. Maybe the problem is in the UI.menu. If you can attach it here, I can have a look.

No, the problem was that I was so tired that I didn't think about exiting the game and restarting it so it loaded the texture. Once I did, it was there. Thank you for checking for me though.
    I finally managed finish my main screen customization. I still need to work on the dialog box. I plan on moving it to the upper left hand corner. The only thing I added was a bar.png for the left side of all of the boxes. The rest of the screens are perfect and thus left unchanged.

If interested, and if lefreut gives his ok, I can post the ui.menu and bar.png.
    Gusinda

If interested, and if lefreut gives his ok, I can post the ui.menu and bar.png.

You can post your tweak :)
    Gusinda
    I've spent the last few days working on some ideas, scrapping them, and starting over. This is where I am now. I'd like to discover a way to hide the portrait boxes if doing a solo run. I'm also not sure about the location of the AI and Center Party buttons. I still need to work on the journal and a few other tweaks including shrinking the portraits and text boxes some.

• legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    edited May 2018
    hello, i'm android player but i want to play with ur ui.
    i install ur sod ui and it works well.
    but there is one problem..
    i want four buttons in right side bar.
    i add original android screenshot.

in your ui, 2buttons are missing and 2 buttons are small.
    can i solve this problem? i hope to change my ui to yours..
    please help me and thanks
    lefreutbob_vengNostariel
    @legotaksin These changes were made before I decide to release the UI when it was still a private project. And as I only play on PC, I didn't need the other buttons.

Thanks for the feedback, I will see if I can re-add the buttons only for tablet for the next version (I need to do an update anyway for 2.5 compatibility).
    Gusindalegotaksinbob_veng
    edited May 2018
    Well, I have done most of the work on this mod. The biggest change is that the NPC boxes/pictures will only show when they are in the party, and thus the dialog boxes shift further right the more NPCs you have. If the person speaking has a portrait, their portrait and a frame will display to the right. If they don't, neither will show.

I have tested it some on my end, but could use some extra real world testing. One thing I forgot to do was add in the option for other resolutions. Mine is 1920x1080 so currently everything is off that. I have not made any adjustments to anything other than the main screen. The only changes to the journal popup was the removal of the "X" to close it and some small shifting.

Lefreut, I considered creating a new thread, but in order to do so I'd either need to instruct them to install your mod and then paste my items in. The other option would be to create a weidu install using most of your work with my things added in (with credit of course). I'll let you weigh in on that. I just hate filling up your thread with my things.

Gusindalefreut
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    lefreut said:

@legotaksin These changes were made before I decide to release the UI when it was still a private project. And as I only play on PC, I didn't need the other buttons.

Thanks for the feedback, I will see if I can re-add the buttons only for tablet for the next version (I need to do an update anyway for 2.5 compatibility).

okay thanks :smile:

Lefreut, I considered creating a new thread, but in order to do so I'd either need to instruct them to install your mod and then paste my items in. The other option would be to create a weidu install using most of your work with my things added in (with credit of course). I'll let you weigh in on that. I just hate filling up your thread with my things.

I also thinks that a new thread is better. You can add my mod as a prerequisite to yours.
    joshuar9476Ravenslight
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited May 2018
    Totally agree with lefreut. Some people like your modifications, others do not. Separating them into separate threads makes it a lot more clear what is and is not part of this mod.

Also, I personally like the button that displays containers and entrances even when on PC, so I'd also appreciate it if they were properly laid out as well. That they're only available for tablets is not an issue. That's just a tiny tweak to make.
  • BrecherBrecher Member Posts: 47
    edited July 2018
    @lefreut Thanks a lot for this nice modification. Looks much better than original UI.

Could you please look into the following:
    Something buggy is going on during level up.
    If character can level up, a left click on portrait brings you to level up form. By pressing ESC the form is closed, but when opening again Profiencies or thief points are doubled.
    BG2EE 2.5 without mods does not allow you to escape the level up form.

I dont like the left click on portrait brings you to level up form. Sometimes the level up happens in combat and i cannot select the char by clicking any longer without doing the level up. Can i disable it somehow?
    I would prefer to do the level up only via the character form.

Weidu.log

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tower Of Deception Mod (Requires Throne Of Bhaal): v4.0.1
    ~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Astral Shard Guardian: v4.0.1
    ~TOD/SETUP-TOD.TP2~ #0 #2 // Encounter with Ustrain: v4.0.1
    ~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Skip Chateau Irenicus: 3.0
    ~SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS/SETUP-SKIPCHATEAUIRENICUS.TP2~ #0 #101 // Deal with skipped NPCs -> Vanilla NPCs only: 3.0
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements: v4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #160 // Make Magic Shields Glow (plainab/grogerson): v4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons: v4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #181 // Unique Containers -> Unique icons only: v4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1101 // Do Not Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash): v4
    ~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil: v6.3
    ~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #1 // NPCs will not complain about reputation and leave: v6.3
    ~IMPROVEDANVIL/SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #2 // Identify all items: v6.3
    ~SETUP-THEFOUR.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Four
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Portraits Portraits Everywhere (PPE) - core component: 1.01
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #100 // Category Portraits (Recommended) -> Sequenced: 1.01
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Isandir's CHARNAME Portraits: 1.01
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Replace Low Quality TOB & SOA Portraits: 1.01
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Edwin/Edwina: 1.01
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Ust Natha Drow NPCs: 1.01
    ~PPE/SETUP-PPE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Vampire NPCs: 1.01
    ~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Core component: 3.4
    ~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #6 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Show Sidebar toggle button: 3.4
    ~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #9 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Small right sidebar buttons: 3.4
    ~LEUI-SOD/LEUI-SOD.TP2~ #0 #10 // lefreut's Enhanced UI (SoD skin) - Quests in journal collapsed by default: 3.4
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller/GrimLefourbe's BG2 UI: 2.9
    ~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Transparent Sidebars: 2.9
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Hidden Gameplay Options -> Selected options: 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install Hidden Gameplay Options -> Selected options: 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #10 // Add in-game option "Enable Debug Mode": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #11 // Add in-game option "Enable UI Edit Mode": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #12 // Add in-game option "Show Strrefs": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Add in-game option "Hotkeys On Tooltips": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Add in-game option "Show trigger icons on tab": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #16 // Add in-game option "Limit druidic spells for Cleric/Ranger": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #17 // Add in-game option "3E Sneak Attack": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #18 // Add in-game option "Critical Hit Screen Shake": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #19 // Add in-game option "Show extra combat info": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #20 // Add in-game option "Show Game Date and Time on Pause": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #22 // Add in-game option "Reverse Mouse Wheel Zoom": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #23 // Add in-game option "Pause Game on Map Screen": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #24 // Add in-game option "Enable Fog": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #25 // Add in-game option "Disable Movies": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #27 // Add in-game option "XP Bonus in Nightmare Mode": 2.0
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #32 // Add in-game option "Show Area of Effect Range": 2.0

lefreut
    Brecher said:

@lefreut Thanks a lot for this nice modification. Looks much better than original UI.

Could you please look into the following:
    Something buggy is going on during level up.
    If character can level up, a left click on portrait brings you to level up form. By pressing ESC the form is closed, but when opening again Profiencies or thief points are doubled.
    BG2EE 2.5 without mods does not allow you to escape the level up form.

Instead of fixing this bug, they disabled the back button which is in my opinion very dumb... I very often want to use back after leveling up. If you distribute all points before using back, it seems that they will not be doubled. I need to test a little more and if it indeed fix the problem, I can automatically do that in the code.
    Brecher said:

I dont like the left click on portrait brings you to level up form. Sometimes the level up happens in combat and i cannot select the char by clicking any longer without doing the level up. Can i disable it somehow?
    I would prefer to do the level up only via the character form.

You can edit your UI.menu file and replace all 6 occurrences of Infinity_ActivateRecord with Infinity_OnPortraitLClick to change this. I may do this by default in a future update as the more I use it, the less I like this automatic opening of the level up screen.
    Brecher
    Thanks for looking into.
    lefreut said:

You can edit your UI.menu file and replace all 6 occurrences of Infinity_ActivateRecord with Infinity_OnPortraitLClick to change this. I may do this by default in a future update as the more I use it, the less I like this automatic opening of the level up screen.

This already helped a lot.

Is it possible to do something against the alphabetic sorting of the memorised spells?
    I would like to have control over the order when using Wondrous Recall.