Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android BGEE

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda ok had a go with kenshi and the lightning spell isnt workin as intened lol. Still appears to be a regular cast of Call Lightning. I did however took a deeper look into his skills and figured some cleanin up is needed in that area. Ill list the skills he should have and the order:
    -Offen/Def spins
    -Lightbend
    -Greater WW
    -Rime Slash
    -Thunderstorm
    Delete the rest...

Lightbend- could you add a glow color to the spell? Something thats like the Rynn staff, maybe use same color as well.

Valen- more thaco with fists (hes at -5, needs like -12). As for his glow, i was gonna drop that for a imp haste spell that when cast, makes the caster look blurred with a purple color. Oh yea, he needs purple cast animations for all his abilities with a cast animation also. DONE! Excellent work with this guy btw.

Gusinda
    @Gusinda hmm did a lil messin with valen and i think the chance to hit is what needs improvement with fists. He can hit hard enough with buffs but i noticed that fists can knock opponents unconscious and when this happens, he cant hit them with his fists. Has to wait for them to get back up. This isnt an issue so long as he doesnt spend an entire round missing his punches on 1 opponent when theres a screen full of them lol.
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda how are things going? Hope the requests arent too difficult. :smile:
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Xhoblaim, not necessarily too difficult. Just getting the time to sit down and do them is a bit tight right now. We have some distractions right now which go home tomorrow :wink: so hopefully this means I can put more time into gaming...

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda so much for extra time eh? Lol. Hey i been doin some thinkin and i think i have a really good idea for a palemaster. Grimlocke was a test of sorts that gave some insight on whats possible with skills etc. So a new Palemaster concept has been in the works, one thats much more organized than the the last one. I also have an idea for a Cleric build... But barely started it. I wonder if the incineration spell can be changed to be insta cast, touch range and the touch animation (when it hits) to look like the fire with light shooting from it (you see it when you exit the pocket plane in tob), that would be awesome lol.

I have a character that has the Werewolf claws as an equipable weapon. I wonder if the same can be done with touch spells, like Chill and Ghoul Touch.. If so, thats one of the ideas i had for the new palemaster.

Oh man i even have one for a Paladin class. Just found it lying around in a drawer today lol.
    @Xhoblaim, have a look at this.

Kenshi
    - Removed other spells
    - Could you let me know which kit has the Thunderstorm spell? I tried playing with theLightning spell further and yes, it only seems to do the one strike. It could be the level of the caster which would influence this. The spell is normally a Cleric spell which increases the amount of strikes as the level goes up. Because we transfered to an innate spell and gave it to a char that is not a Cleric, it might only think he is a level one char. I will do some more tests later.
    - Lightbend. Adding colour to the spell would require editing the animation (bit beyond my skills)

Valen
    - Increased damage for fists +5
    - Added Fist THAC0 -10 bonus
    - I Think that the 'death' requirement when using fists is limited to Monks (likely hard-coded as I can't find the affect to use the fist as a weapon that kills). I tested with the current character as is and he still waits when the target is unconscious. I then changed him to a Monk Class and he was able to kill...

No problems with extra builds. We just need to limit to one at a time. This way, they don't get lost in the ether. I think that you are right with the Werewolf Claws, it might allow for modding the spells...

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda Alert! Wrong save lol. I posted an updated char save a lil bit ago (like 2 posts back). The Valen you buffed was from a while ago. :smiley:

@Xhoblaim. Whoops, I even downloaded the other file before. Just hadn't put it into the save folder yet. By the way, the saved game was corrupted also.

Take 2
    Same fixes as above. Do you know which kit/mod had the Thunderstorm?

Gus
    @Gusinda ah ok. Yeah the thunderstorm spell/skill was something i was trying to make from scratch sorta. Call lightning only strikes 1 enemy at a time and i was tryin to get it to hit multiple targets at 1 time. I think it was like mod 38 or 39.
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda
    Gusinda said:

@Xhoblaim, attached are the files for Kenshai. Not sure what is happening but the saved game was corrupt again so I have cleaned it up.
    The work done:

Ayame:
    - Put the new version of Ayame in this game.

Kenshi:
    - Added Offensive and Defensive spin
    - Added Rime Slash
    - Added Absolute imunity with ninja viper buff ( the colour is in the animation itself so not light blue).
    - Added Rhalitos Light Bend
    - Aoe Call lightning - Will need to be tested properly. It's the one that has 1 bolt per 4 levels of caster (Chain Lightning)

Gus

on page 7. Its modfile 40
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda ok some how Valens skill Shadow Form (shadowdancer skill) disappeared. Prolly from reloading due to corrupted game.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, It was there but had no spell count to it. I also noticed that we lost all of the kit in the chars inventories... Throw out the last one and use this instead.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda Awesome, everythings back in order. :smiley:

Some quick notes i jotted down when messin with the save..:
    Kenshi: i forgot to add the duskblade skills lol. Also, are the duskblade skills customizable? Can say, the lvl 1 spells be changed to touch spells only or something.
    The immunity skill with viper animation was a bit misunderstood. Was going for more of the glow animation of the viper buff for the Immunity skill. Colored light blue of course lol. If not, thats cool, jus change the cast animation back to normal.. It changed for everyone.

Valen: can you change the scimitar lookin sword to look like that firey purple, no glow. Also decided to drop blood drain for the ninja skill Vampiric strike, give him pressure points and shadow clone (mirror image skill) too. I was thinkin about the shapshift animation and theres one i think would look cool.. Its the golden globe one that breaks once it makes a.full circle. See it alot in irenicus cutscenes. Remove shadow wolf shapechange.

Next up is Ayame...
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda
    Ayame
    Shes gonna be a full ranged ninja. So she will need 3pips in dart/shuriken, katana, ninja-to, single wep style and two wep style if she doesnt already. As for skills, Shes gonna need ALL ninja HLAs except Dragon buff along with these skills:
    Blade shower 2nd cast- instead of shooting daggers, shoot purple projectiles like Magi staffs.
    Poison weapon
    Spells needed: The special abilities of the chaos sorc items. For example, the dagger casts a spell called armeggedon and the shield casts a stone spike spell. I would like these abilities added to her spellbook. I think theres 4 in all, theres one that looks like tornadoes. These spells will be her ninjutsu magic.

Equipment/ Cosmetics:
    Shes gonna need increased fist thaco.
    Gonna need a shuriken weapon (one that returns to wielder) with the projectile changed to look like blade shower projectile.
    And last but not least...
    Copy her character and make it a male, Monk avatar, Blacked out like you did Ryu and make sure he can kick lol.

Should be a good start..

@Xhoblaim, I was playing with these last night, so the previous set of requests haven't been looked at.

Valen's fists. You should now have a set of 'monk fists' on. You can't remove in game, them so if you don't want them, let me know and I will take them off. I modified them so that they are treated like a +5 magical two-handed weapon and are lethal. You get 3 attacks per round with an increased attack speed... You still have a free slot for another weapon for a ranged/melee item.

Kenshi has a new spell which is Storm of Vengence. Give that a go. Tried to give it the Lightning stike instead of the current animation but only one strike showed... I have left the Call Lightning in at the moment for testing.

See whether they are the effects you are looking for.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda ok im diggin the fist idea, its awsome :smiley: . Storm of vengence is cool but i was goin more so for Call lightning cuz it matches his sword lol. I was thinkin, what if you set a sequencer spell that casts Call Lighting 3 times? That may work.

Can you set the fists to occupy the main weapon slots and free up the offhnd? Im gonna put the purple scimitar there. Also, can the viper buff be made permanent?
    @Gusinda found some NPC mods that i wanted to give a go.. Hope they work lol.
    @Xhoblaim, here is what is in this change:

Kenshi
    - Duskblade Skills
    - Changing the skills? - It seems to be in a table. Let me know which spells you want to keep and I will see if I can edit the others out.

Valen
    - Changed Fist to single handed weapon
    - Scimitar - The glow comes from within the firey animation.
    - Remove Blood Drain
    - Add Vampiric Strike (Ninja)
    - Pressure Points
    - Shadow Clone
    - Remove Wolf Shapechange

I will see what we can do about adding the NPCs in. Fingers crossed.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda ok took a look-see at those duskblade abilities and found which ones can be removed:
    IV: dispel magic
    Imp invisible
    Fireshield
    III: Skull trap
    Fire arrow
    Keen weapon
    II: remove all except Ghoul touch.
    I: Burning hands
    Chaos orb
    Spook
    Acid arrow

Now to list replacements..if there can be any..

Edit: ok i think the only addition to the abilities would be Chill Touch and Deathless Master Touch (Palemaster ability). Only add these if the ability can be applied to the weapon like the other touch skills in the table. Also, would be better to consolidate the abilities into 1 or 2 ability tables. No need for 4lvls if i only have enough skills to fill lvl 1. That should do it for the duskblade skills.
    Oh yeah, give him Entropy shield as innate. This should complete Kenshi and all his abilities. Maybe some cosmetic stuff later...

Thanks man! :smiley:
    @Gusinda Hmmm ive been having some weird crashing issues. Its pretty random, the mayor and his wife from Umar Hills keep popping up everywhere. Also, i still havent been able to get the Kara Tur and the Elistrae mods to work properly. Nothing seems to trigger either mod and with there still being out of place text everywhere it has led me to believe that the install order may still need some tweaking
    Hi @Xhoblaim, How long hsd this been going on? We haven't had any extra mods installed since v36. It might.

Also, for the additional quests, have you started a game from new to see if it unlocks the pathway? I had a quick play and can jump into the Elistrae area. I can upload a saved game where you are located there, but I am unsure whether it unlocks the quest as such. I had thought that in the readme, or it might have been the forum, you needed to start a fresh game.

Where was the out of place text found?

Gus
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda the text can be found throughout drow city, mainly in the tavern next to the arena guy on the left by the stairs. The kara tur text issue is where the fish monsters palace is located. The quest that Saemon gets you caught up in when you take his ship from spellhold. Once in the palace, theres a storekeep to the left of the priest altar. The storekeep is loaded with out of place text. As for Elistrae, is the side quest the one with Coran and the werewolves? I never found the drow camp that solefien speaks of..
    These issues have been goin on for a while. I had mentioned them a long time ago, but we got caught up in character mods lol.

Note: All attempts to trigger quest events were done with a fresh game.

Note 2: Theres more text issues at the tavern in Trademeet. Soon as you walk in some funny stuff starts happening. Then talk to guy standing in front of the bar.
    @Xhoblaim, thanks. Shall gave a look around those locations and see if I can find the prob.

Gus
    @Xhoblaim, couldn't find any problems with the text itself. I spoke to everyone in the tavern in Drow City with no problems, same with Trademeet. Haven't been to Spellhold yet.

However, upon looking at the quests, I found that Kara Tur is actually only a BGEE mod and not compatible with BG2EE. This may have done something so I have rebuilt the modfile without it. Have a try and see if the problem still exists. If it does, could you explain a little better exactly where the out of place text may be?

I am still going through the underdark to get to the point that Solefien may let me know where the clearing is.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited June 2018
    @Gusinda heres a couple saves i made a while ago that shows the text wall or at least gets you close to it. The kara tur save shows the store issues soon as you load it. Jus talk to the fish guy standing there. The other is in drow city taven, just outside the lust chambers, next to this fighting pit guy. Ill have to run thru again to see if the removal of the kara tur fixed the fish store guy.
    Gusinda
    Thanks @Xhoblaim, I shall have a look.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited June 2018
    @Xhoblaim, loaded your saves and can see the prob. I then start a new game without the mod and it seems to be fixed. Both the store and the tavern are clear of the out of place text (they are still in you saved game though). Good to see.

Now that is done (and hopefully all good on your side), I will see if I can edit the duskblade spells tables for your changes

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda awesome. Still workin my way to them fish folk. I have 1 more minor issue to mention, not too important as i have found a way to work around it but, the chaos sorc seems to slow me down a bit after learning the Wild Sphere spell from Rhalitos book. Once you change the sorc to a spellshaper it goes away. This mainly happens in BP2.. so its not a big deal for me but thought it was worth mentioning for future reference incase more issues arise.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, removed the unwanted spells from the Duskblade spells and combined them into one spell table. Added Deathless Master Touch, Chill Touch was already there. Kenshi also has Entropy Shield as innate.

That should be Valan and Kenshi complete. I will start with Ayame next.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Awesome, just gave Kenshi a spin and boom! Hes perfect :smiley: Thanks man!
    Oh yeah, any luck on the aoe call lightning spell? Lol. Dnt worry about it, i have a cooler idea.. That may fail as well.... But its just a cosmetic thing.
    Gusinda