Skip to content

[NPC MOD] Sheena - The Half Dragon Tale

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @PaulaMigrate
    Yes ;)
    Within a few days I should be able to provide more details.
  • MasterteoMasterteo Member Posts: 111
    Wow, that's truly nice. Having the original mod creator back and ready to help improving the mod.

Is as good as if Amber's creator would resurrect and add ToB content for that npc mod.

Good, good. Maybe in the future Sheena will be a good friendship/romance companion.

Voice acting could be a nice addition, i'm sure that somewhere in the BG forums you could find someone willing to voice act Sheena.

Also, are you planning to "upgrade" her in ToB , like some mods do to their NPC characters ?

Like slightly upgrade her attributes, or adding a new skill.

In my opinion, it could be nice if somewhere near the end of ToB ( like, after the party destroy Abazigail ), she learn to morph in a full red dragon (afterall, Abazigail's son is an half-dragon and he too can morph in a full dragon form ).
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited February 2018
    Masterteo said:

Is as good as if Amber's creator would resurrect and add ToB content for that npc mod.

On Amber

I'm currently playing the *resurrected* Amber in my EET party (see this http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26565#entry255985)
    I selected also the install option for ToB content but can't comment yet, I'm still in SoA for a long time.
    So far, the mod works fine and she also has a lot of crossmod banters with my other NPCs. I had her early quests and conversations with the PC and others.
    Kuselverlaine
    edited February 2018
    @Masterteo
    I can confirm that Sheena will receive certain "upgrade" (or two) in ToB ;)

Masterteo said:

On Amber

I'm currently playing the *resurrected* Amber in my EET party (see this http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26565#entry255985)
    I selected also the install option for ToB content but can't comment yet, I'm still in SoA for a long time.
    So far, the mod works fine and she also has a lot of crossmod banters with my other NPCs. I had her early quests and conversations with the PC and others.
    Wow, thanks a lot. But do you know a webpage that i can follow to keep an eye on Amber's development ?

Also, i have only BG2EE, not the mod EET. Do you think that the mod will work even without EET ?

@Edwin

Nice to hear that!
    All of this makes me want to start a new game, but i don't want to be forced again to kill Sendai. I like her Bhaalspawn special skill. It's strange that noone ever thought of making her a joinable npc
    Masterteo said:

All of this makes me want to start a new game, but i don't want to be forced again to kill Sendai. I like her Bhaalspawn special skill. It's strange that noone ever thought of making her a joinable npc

I like Sendai too!
    Everyone loves drow girls :D

But I think it's a little too late for Seidan to join your group.
    By the time you find her, ToB is roughly in the fourth fifth.

Also, our group already has one great drow cleric.
    We must not be too greedy.
  • enderandrewenderandrew Member Posts: 23
    Can I please make a polite request?

Could you upload this to Github or someplace like it?

Dropbox downloads can disappear over time.

Also, scripts can't download from Dropbox. But if the mod moved to Github, then this mod could be included in BWS to make it easier for people to install (especially in EET or a heavily modded games).

Thank you!
  • BallpointManBallpointMan Member Posts: 1,659
    Edvin said:

@PaulaMigrate
    Yes ;)
    Within a few days I should be able to provide more details.

This is pretty exciting news.

I dont imagine it's high on your list of priorities, but making this viable for EET would be wonderful : )

I dont imagine it's high on your list of priorities, but making this viable for EET would be wonderful : )

Everything is the @RedDemonknight fault ! :D
    He returned after 10 years and I'm super excited.
    Right now is Sheena my top priority.
    Edvin said:

Masterteo said:

I like Sendai too!
    Everyone loves drow girls :D

But I think it's a little too late for Seidan to join your group.
    By the time you find her, ToB is roughly in the fourth fifth.

Also, our group already has one great drow cleric.
    We must not be too greedy.
    I may sound silly because of always giving the same answer, but again it is true:
    In EET with Sandrah Saga, you meet Sendai's daughter after you finished the enclave and killed her mother. You can send her to the Eillestrae temple in Undermountain. If you do, L'Uriett becomes a joinable NPC in the SandrahRtF sequel that starts at ToB end. There you have your drow companion and she also has an own big quest that leads you back into Underdark.
    KuselverlaineBleriot
    Masterteo said:

Masterteo said:

On Amber

Wow, thanks a lot. But do you know a webpage that i can follow to keep an eye on Amber's development ?

Also, i have only BG2EE, not the mod EET. Do you think that the mod will work even without EET ?

Amber may work on BG2EE I would say by looking at the tp2 code
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~
    There is also code that only does things if game is EET, so it seems to imply it's for EE in general.
    Knowing the modder who did the conversion from other mods she did, I think it's only that she never tests her mods on plain EE games and therefore doesn't claim compatibility.
    KuselverlaineBleriot
    Sorry to go off topic, but since there's some interest here in old mods now being made available for EE/EET,
    this may interest you
    http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28953&hl=
    KuselverlaineBleriot
    I might try EET just because there is new content for Amber, but i fear to be disappointed. First of all because Amber was voice acted and whoever is continuing the mod now, surely won't voice act her ( because you can't have 2 different voices for the same character ).

And, i don't know if the quality of the new content is similar to the original mod.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

Sorry to go off topic, but since there's some interest here in old mods now being made available for EE/EET,
    this may interest you

it would be nice if darian was considered. he is currently in ee limbo and the only way to get him working requires editing and removing vicky's banters.

this may interest you

it would be nice if darian was considered. he is currently in ee limbo and the only way to get him working requires editing and removing vicky's banters.
    I'm not a modder but looking at all the discussions about updating mods that are on the various forums, it's not like you grab any mod and make changes to it for public use. You can do this on your private computer but you need some kind of agreement from the original author to publish it. That's how those new SUPPORT modders acclaimed old and abandoned mods and polished them up.
    I don't know about Darian, but maybe it's not *free* to be assumed by someone else?
    KuselverlaineBleriot
    edited March 2018
    I apologize for not releasing any new version, but the last few weeks have been crazy.
    Unfortunately, I relied on two specific people, but both suddenly stopped communicating.

To be honest, I'm not sure how to proceed now, because those were the only two people who could provide the necessary material.
    (I'm 100% sure that they can not be replaced)

For now, I will focus on things that I can do myself.
    Post edited by Edvin on
  • MateoFrozenMateoFrozen Member Posts: 82
    Not very Baldur-like need some layers.
    "(Technically I never got permission to use her original portrait.)"
    So you got permission to use this one?

"I'm still not sure if I chose the right colors..."
    Eh don't see much diffrence from orginal one, apart from deleted necklace and background

Not very Baldur-like need some layers.
    "(Technically I never got permission to use her original portrait.)"
    So you got permission to use this one?

The law says that if the result is sufficiently different from the original, it is not plagiarism.
    And I still have not finished all the adjustments.

"I'm still not sure if I chose the right colors..."
    Eh don't see much diffrence from orginal one, apart from deleted necklace and background

Necklace? My original picture did not have any necklace and was VERY different from what I created.
    It looks like more than one version of this image can be found on the Internet.
    Just out of curiosity, what version you have in mind?
    Thank you for that !
    This picture is completely different and much better than my original image.
    Also, I will definitely contact the author.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ferreirosferreiros Member Posts: 6
    Hello Edvin. I am also still on the fence for the TOB part(y). Hopefully we will see some day the continuation
  • nullsetnullset Member Posts: 38
    I noticed your nonstandard use of SheenaRomanceActive, which you start out as 2. The usual is 1, until a romance reaches the couple stage when it is changed to 2. If you adopted the standard usage, you wouldn't need the SHEENAPCAREONE variable, and SheenaRomanceActive could be set to 2 in the ritual cutscene.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Is ToB romance planned or the mod is definitive?
    edited July 2018
    Arthas said:

Is ToB romance planned or the mod is definitive?

ToB romance is in development and even the current SoA romance is not definitive.
    (I have rewritten so much lines...)

The good news is that lately I have made a lot of progress.
    I also have new portraits [custom made by a professional artist], remains only to make a few adjustments.

I wanted the next version to be the final, but I'm probably going to release one more before ToB content.
    Post edited by Edvin on
    BallpointMan
    Spotted a bug. In the K#Sheena.cre, you have flagged her as Export Allowed. This should only be used for a protagonist, as it assigns the default script DPLAYER3 which assigns the MULTIG dialog file on leaving the party. Without the Export Allowed flag, the default script is DPLAYER2, which assigns the party-leaving dialog (SHEENAP or SHEENA25P) on leaving the party.
    edited July 2018
    @nullset
    This is probably due to more complicated scripts after the end of her romance.
    (She can not leave the party and there is one more special condition that requires direct connection to protagonist).
    To be honest, I'm not good at working with some more complex scripts.
    So right now is my rule:
    "Do not mess with anything that works." :)
    edited August 2018
    Edvin, thanks for all the work you're putting into this.

I've got a question to ask you, but given that it may annoy you or actually depress you I will leave it into the spoilers. Please read it only after you've released the ToB content.

[Spoiler]
    1) Is there any chance you can co-work with Kulyok for some banters between sheena and Xan\Tiax and every npc Kulyok released?

2) Any chance for some content for Varshoon (Ilithid npc)? Varshoon was made by https://forums.beamdog.com/profile/LavaDelVortel

3) Any chance for cross content with Soulafein by Jastey?
    [/spoiler]
    @Edvin I have found a dialogue inconsistancy. In k#bsheen.d, you have:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN SheenaLT21c
    SAY @2365 = @2366 //Same path as 23
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @2367 GOTO SheenaLT23
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @2368 GOTO SheenaLT22
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @2369 GOTO SheenaLT22
    END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN SheenaLT21d
    SAY @2370 = @2366 //Same path as 23
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @2367 GOTO SheenaLT24
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @2368 GOTO SheenaT22
    IF ~~ THEN REPLY @2369 GOTO SheenaLT25
    END

The @2369 response in SheenaLT21c terminates the romance. The @2369 response in SheenaLT21d allows the romance to continue. This is confusing, as the same dialogue should have the same effect.
    As you work on the ToB section, you should be aware that dialog and script file names can be no more than 8 characters. Your SHEENA25J, SHEENA25P, SHEENA25D, and BSHEENA25 file names must be shortened to fit various file layout slots.
    I've got a question: you said that two people you were working with were irrepleceable. Who are they, and what they were working on?