Skip to content

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition 2.5 Patch

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Squeaky wheel gets the kick! The much-anticipated 2.5 update for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition is rolling out!

Enjoy new localizations and V/O, as well as over 500 bug fixes and new features as you journey through Amn to the Throne of Bhaal!

Check out the full patch notes (Jan Jansen himself would find the list big):

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-25.html
lolienThacoBellDoubledimasStummvonBordwehrhook71rede9[Deleted User][Deleted User]AedanAerakarargent77GusindaHurricaneMiraStastnyjunyangcheSeldarkanisathaJCDentonFlashburnRik_Kirtaniya

Comments

• N3661N3661 Member Posts: 2
    When bgee1/sod patch?
    MERLANCE
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    When it's ready.
    tbone1
  • N3661N3661 Member Posts: 2
    To infinity... and beyond
    RaduzielAerakarMiraStastny
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    N3661 said:

When bgee1/sod patch?

Considering that the groundwork has already been laid with IWD and BG2, I'd be surprised if the BG1+Sod patch took as long as any of the previous.
    Has the bug where the cutscenes in Rasaad's and Neera's ambush encounters would crash the game been resolved? I've experienced it since 2.3, but I've never gotten any official reply on it. I had to rely on forumite help to kledge a workaround together. But this basically means that Rasaad and Neera are unusable.
    Loldrup
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    Thanks team beam.
    [Deleted User]Aerakar[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    edited June 2018
    Wo wo wo. This patch just updated automatically and when I tried to play, I couldn’t load any of my saves!

I had installed the whole Big World Setup. Yeah, three days installing. This means I have lost my saves? Also, is there any point on starting a new game (haven’t tried it) or even reinstalling the mods, if this is gonna happen again with 2.5 for SoD or BG:EE?

I really had hype on playing, man.
    @MonoCanalla Updating always breaks mods. If you have autoupdates enabled, keep your modded game in a separate folder.
    JuliusBorisovDaevelon
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Thanks. I believe there is no way to revert this. I should reinstall mods. Now, will the mods be cool with 2.5 or they need a time to be updated by the authors?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited June 2018
    SLURP! When on GOG?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947

Thanks. I believe there is no way to revert this. I should reinstall mods. Now, will the mods be cool with 2.5 or they need a time to be updated by the authors?

It depends. Most mods that worked on 2.3 I THINK should work on 2.5. That being said, there area couple thigns that don't work in a couple of mods I use, but I think those are the exception.
    MonoCanallaJuliusBorisov
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I don't see it in the release notes, but can Cleric/Thieves pick locks in antimagic zones in Black Pits 2 yet?
    Raduziel
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367

I don't see it in the release notes, but can Cleric/Thieves pick locks in antimagic zones in Black Pits 2 yet?

Nope.
    JuliusBorisov
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    The 2.5 update doesn't show up in my Beamdog client. Does anyone has more luck?
    JuliusBorisov
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Wohoo!
    JuliusBorisov
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    StefanO said:

The 2.5 update doesn't show up in my Beamdog client. Does anyone has more luck?

I was able to install the update. Did you try to restart the client?
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisov
    I'm on a Mac too. I've already done the usual things: Update & Restart the Client, etc
    JuliusBorisov
    Has to be a Mac thing: The windows 2.5 update is available too. But I don't like to play in a virtual Win10 environment.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ThacoBell said:

Has the bug where the cutscenes in Rasaad's and Neera's ambush encounters would crash the game been resolved? I've experienced it since 2.3, but I've never gotten any official reply on it. I had to rely on forumite help to kledge a workaround together. But this basically means that Rasaad and Neera are unusable.

There's a change in how UI reacts to those cutscenes, so maybe it'll fix the problem for you.

Mac on Beamdog - thanks, I'll pass it to the team.
    lolienGreenWarlockThacoBell
    @JuliusBorisov Here's hoping. I'll keep an eye out when I do my next trilogy run.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • JhaycenJhaycen Member Posts: 19
    edited June 2018
    So, if further fixes or enhancements for the Infinity Engine itself are made with this or the upcoming BG1/SOD updates, will those get incorporated back into Icewind Dale at the very end of the 2.5 patch cycle? Will there be one final "2.5.1 Patch" (or something like that) at the very end, to bring all the games in sync at an engine level?
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    Guys, please tell me that the paper dolls from original BG2 still work after this patch?
    Or did the paper dolls get stuck on green boxes like in the beta version?

Otherwise, yay new patch!
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Well done!
    JuliusBorisovrede9
    @GarrusN7

Our developers have just checked it. The EE uses regular BAMs for paperdolls, not the old PLTs. You'll have to convert them. PLT>PNG with the NearInfinity, then split it in half (it's a two-part BAM), then make those PNGs into BAMs.

Check if those PLTs in the pack by @lunar have transparency set up correctly.

That lime green is the internal color that gets filtered out for transparency in BAMs, just like a green screen for a movie.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155

@GarrusN7

Our developers have just checked it. The EE uses regular BAMs for paperdolls, not the old PLTs. You'll have to convert them. PLT>PNG with the NearInfinity, then split it in half (it's a two-part BAM), then make those PNGs into BAMs.

Check if those PLTs in the pack by @lunar have transparency set up correctly.

That lime green is the internal color that gets filtered out for transparency in BAMs, just like a green screen for a movie.

Oh so that changed? OK thanks for the info.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    I can confirm that as of June 30th 2018 the most recent beamdog client for mac does not update either BGEE or BG2EE to v2.5
    StefanOkaos
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I downloaded 2.5 from Beamdog client...all good. The only fyi is on these forums/this site.. under games, nothing is showing as 2.5. Maybe get someone to update that, so it shows iwd and bg2ee are now 2.5 :)