Skip to content

Northern Tales of the Sword Coast (NTotSC) for BG:EE (and BGT and EET) - Download

Comments

• BookwormOtakuBookwormOtaku Member Posts: 8
    I seem to be having a problem where I am getting at least some of the quests for this mod (the quest givers are giving them) but none of the new locations are showing up on the map. Just so you know I am playing BG: EE and am currently on chapter 7
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    edited February 2018
    Which version did you install? Did you start a new game after the installation?

For any version 2.x but before 2.1.0 you need the BP-BGTWorldmap mod and start a new game.

Since version 2.1.0 you shouldn't need the worldmap mod but also need to start a new game after installation.

EDIT: If you did the above, then what quests are those, exactly?
  • BookwormOtakuBookwormOtaku Member Posts: 8
    It is 2.1 but I didn't start a new game, so that answers my question. The quests that showed up are the one to investigate the North Citadel, rescuing some kids from orcs...and I think one more quest that involves the same location but I'll need to check.
    Cheatcodes are:
    Northern Coast: AR20PB
    Field of the Dead: AR10PB
    Northern Wood: AR40PB
    Northern Citadel: AR30PB
    Temple of the Black Hand: AR60PB

To be used in the cheat cosole:
    C:MoveToArea("ARxxxx")
    The mod updates to v2.2.0.
    Biffing was removed because it made problems with modding iOS devices.

Download latest Release

Changes:
    -added note to readme that a new game has to be started to see the new areas on the worldmap
    -removed biffing
    -moved audio and portrait copying into according subcomponent (Will O'Hara NPC)
    -update to weidu v244
    AedanStummvonBordwehr
    The mod updates to v2.2.1.
    Hopefully, the random CTD in the areas is now fixed!

Changes:
    -random CTD in areas hopefully fixed (amients and animations are being copied to the override, spawn points and rest encounters were stripped from suspicious creature files)
    modestvolta
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Hi @jastey

I am preparing my install order and I am going to manually and heavily mod BG:EE v2.3.67.3B/SoB.

NTotSC and BG1 UB are part of my mod list and they also propose alternative versions of "Nim Furlwing Encounter" and "Svlast the Fallen Paladin" ; and idon't know which ones to choose.

Can you help me as you may have more insight about this subject ? (this was @AstroBryGuy advice)

What are the main différences ?

By the way : as i am also thinking about installing DSotSC and Dark Horizon. Do youi that they fit well with your updated version of NTotSC. What would be your advice ? Should i just focus on NTotSC (with other probably smaller mods like TSOA …) or go for the "Big thing" (meaning Dark Horizon/DSotSC and NTotSC together)

Nb: sorry for my English, this is not my native language.
    @Mordekaie I don't know anything about Dark Horizons. For DSotSC I would recommend k4thos' version but I know there are still a few hickups in there (as far as I know nothing gamebreaking, though). You can find a link to it on the EET linklist at G3. My personal taste is not with these big mods, though, but I have to admit also that I never really played them.
    I am sure that the new version of NTotSC will work well with them, though, at least not any less than the older one would have.

Regarding the contents of dialogue etc. both bg1ub and NTotSC restore original (unused) game content for Svlast and NimFurlwing, so that is basically the same for both. Only differences are where the encounters take place and how much work was put into scripting. I think I would recommend the bg1ub's, at least for Svlast I think the encounter is scripted with a bit more effort.

I am at updating NTotSC currently, if you are interested in the newer versions with several smaller fixes and improvements I hope I'll have it ready next weekend the latest.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @jastey

Thanks for the answer.

I heard about the two versions of DSotSC (one dedicated for EET and a EE compatible one). As i am going to manually add each mod in BGEE (no use of BWS now), if i ever want to test DSotSC i will have to go with the non EET version.

Ok : i go with the BG1 UB versions of those two contents and i will wait for your next update.

One technical question about a install order when there is NtotSC :

As this is the done in the BWP guide, should i (for my not automated modding of BGEE) install the following components before installing NTotSC :

1/ "Item revisions by demivrgvs" from IR Items Revisions

2/ Spell Revisions : all the components except “Update Spellbooks of joinable NPCs “ that must be installed after all NPC mods

I'm sorry, I don't know, as I am not familiar about what the Revision mods do.

And you are right, k4thos' version of DSotSC is NOT the one for BG:EE, that would be Red Carnelian's one, of course. That one was still in beta and had some issues as far as I recall, but whether there are game-breaking issues I don't know.

I'll post here as soon as the new version of NTotSC is up.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Revisions mods should go after quest mods I think.
    jastey said:

I hope I'll have it ready next weekend the latest.

(sigh) I shouldn't post things like that. I'm still on updating NTotSC but RL interfered with my time scedule.

StummvonBordwehrZaghoul
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    jastey said:

jastey said:

I hope I'll have it ready next weekend the latest.

(sigh) I shouldn't post things like that. I'm still on updating NTotSC but RL interfered with my time scedule.

@jastey
    Not to worry. You’re spending your spare time to update this for free - we have no right to complain. I am just greatfull that you are willing to spend time on this great mod, and the other mods you update. Thank you
    ZaghoulStefanOGusinda
    I wasn't actively fishing for compliments (this time :D ) but I definitely like reading such praise, thank you!
    StummvonBordwehrGusindaAedanmodestvolta
    The mod updates to v2.3.0!

Major changes is that some fighing encounters (not related to the main quest) are moved into a separate, optional install component. Minor fixes were applied to items and cres, undetectable traps were nerfed, unused files removed, all files lower-cased to make it more Linux friendly. The component "Keelor the Dwarf" now also includes his sister Nasha who he is mentioning in his dialogue if he was healed with a lot of HP. She can be found in the Temple of Umberlee in Baldur's Gate and will heal any party member for free.

Thank you for your patience!

Full change log:
    Changes by MadeInHeaven:
    -Slightly modified the directory structure, and lower-cased all files to be Linux-friendly. Most notable here is that NTotSC.tp2 is now setup-ntotsc.tp2.
    -Removed all unused items as identified by Dachrisma:
    --ntbrac01.itm
    --ntchan03.itm
    --ntchan04.itm
    --ntchan05.itm
    --ntdagg01.itm
    --ntleat01.itm
    --ntleat04.itm
    --ntlute01.itm
    --NTMISC01.itm
    --NTMISC02.itm
    --NTMISC03.itm
    --NTMISC04.itm
    --ntrobe01.itm
    --ntshld01.itm
    --ntshld03.itm
    --ntstaff2.itm
    --ntstaff3.itm
    --ntswd01.itm
    --ntswd02.itm
    --ntswd04.itm
    --ntswd06.itm
    --ntswd07.itm
    --ntswd08.itm
    --SPINNT01.spl
    --SPINNT02.spl
    --SPINNT03.spl
    --SPINNT04.spl

-Monk usability flags are corrected on a number of items, most notably ntchan06.itm.
    -Added the missing .bam file for dsgbbow.itm, dsgbbow.bam. (Copied from the DSotSC mod.)
    -Fixed a CtD issue in ar20pb.are on BGEE, one spawn point had two empty entries out of four, giving a 50% chance of game crash on every spawn.
    -more minor fixes

Changes by jastey:
    -resting with the sirenes should be like a real rest (renamed the cutscene as it didn't use the prefix "NT")
    -(German version) integrated Dachrisma's setup.tra corrections
    -Area "Northern Wood" will also be revealed if quest for Fey'Doch's bow was given by Tanar'Ri
    -"Keelor the Dwarf" now includes his sister Nasha, too (in Temple of Umberlee)
    -new component: "Fighting Encounters" some of the mere fighting encounters were moved into this new component
    -Ordolath won't drop his whole inventory any more
    -Krotan is now Ogre-Mage (changed animation)
    -AR82PB.are, Container0 ("Bookshelf"): fall detection changed to 90, trap removal to 101
    -tuned down the non-detectable traps:
    -Krotan's crypt (AR34PB.are): removed trap at the entrance and changed one of the other ones to "miscast Magic" trap.
    -Haeball (AR9001, AR9002): traps on containers changed to 90/90. Trap in cellar is removable for 101
    -Temple of the Black Hand (AR61PB): removed arrows of detonation from cultist archers. Moved trap with fireball away from entrance point
    -update to WeiDU v246
    StummvonBordwehrZaghoul
    edited July 2018
    jastey said:

The mod updates to v2.3.0!

Major changes is that some fighing encounters (not related to the main quest) are moved into a separate, optional install component. Minor fixes were applied to items and cres, undetectable traps were nerfed, unused files removed, all files lower-cased to make it more Linux friendly. The component "Keelor the Dwarf" now also includes his sister Nasha who he is mentioning in his dialogue if he was healed with a lot of HP. She can be found in the Temple of Umberlee in Baldur's Gate and will heal any party member for free.

Thank you AngelGryph/MadeInHeaven and Dachrisma for fixes and improvements!

Full change log:

Changes by MadeInHeaven:
    -Slightly modified the directory structure, and lower-cased all files to be Linux-friendly. Most notable here is that NTotSC.tp2 is now setup-ntotsc.tp2.
    -Removed all unused items as identified by Dachrisma:
    --ntbrac01.itm
    --ntchan03.itm
    --ntchan04.itm
    --ntchan05.itm
    --ntdagg01.itm
    --ntleat01.itm
    --ntleat04.itm
    --ntlute01.itm
    --NTMISC01.itm
    --NTMISC02.itm
    --NTMISC03.itm
    --NTMISC04.itm
    --ntrobe01.itm
    --ntshld01.itm
    --ntshld03.itm
    --ntstaff2.itm
    --ntstaff3.itm
    --ntswd01.itm
    --ntswd02.itm
    --ntswd04.itm
    --ntswd06.itm
    --ntswd07.itm
    --ntswd08.itm
    --SPINNT01.spl
    --SPINNT02.spl
    --SPINNT03.spl
    --SPINNT04.spl

-Monk usability flags are corrected on a number of items, most notably ntchan06.itm.
    -Added the missing .bam file for dsgbbow.itm, dsgbbow.bam. (Copied from the DSotSC mod.)
    -Fixed a CtD issue in ar20pb.are on BGEE, one spawn point had two empty entries out of four, giving a 50% chance of game crash on every spawn.
    -more minor fixes

Changes by jastey:
    -resting with the sirenes should be like a real rest (renamed the cutscene as it didn't use the prefix "NT")
    -(German version) integrated Dachrisma's setup.tra corrections
    -Area "Northern Wood" will also be revealed if quest for Fey'Doch's bow was given by Tanar'Ri
    -"Keelor the Dwarf" now includes his sister Nasha, too (in Temple of Umberlee)
    -new component: "Fighting Encounters" some of the mere fighting encounters were moved into this new component
    -Ordolath won't drop his whole inventory any more
    -Krotan is now Ogre-Mage (changed animation)
    -AR82PB.are, Container0 ("Bookshelf"): fall detection changed to 90, trap removal to 101
    -tuned down the non-detectable traps:
    -Krotan's crypt (AR34PB.are): removed trap at the entrance and changed one of the other ones to "miscast Magic" trap.
    -Haeball (AR9001, AR9002): traps on containers changed to 90/90. Trap in cellar is removable for 101
    -Temple of the Black Hand (AR61PB): removed arrows of detonation from cultist archers. Moved trap with fireball away from entrance point
    -update to WeiDU v246
    evildevil97Zaghoulmodestvolta
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited August 2018
    Thanks for still supporting this mod. I'll try it.
    Wise_Grimwald
    NTotSC updates to v 3.0.1. Changes are compatibility with the updated DSotSC BG:EE (removing of script change Bear River area).
    fluke13ZaghoulStummvonBordwehr
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    Hiya!

I played this mod in the past and liked it, but felt that the changes upset the balance a little. Hence, for another playthrough, I'd like to play it just before killing Sarevok.

So my question: if I go through the game and install the mod at a later time, will my previous saves be compatible?
    I am not sure I undestand your question correctly. The mod needs to be installed before you start a new game, or the changes to the Wordlmap will not show and you will not be able to visit the new areas.
    When in the game you go and do the quests, though, is your decision (as soon as you gor them, obviously).
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    Sorry if my question was convoluted somewhat :-) You managed to answer it though, so thanks, now I know everything I wanted.
  • gohanf22gohanf22 Member Posts: 99
    Is there a way to make sure this mod doesn't accidentally use German in BGEE or BG2EE? For some reason the quests and the names of the classes are in german the first time I installed them. Had to reinstall everything again and not too happy of doing that. Please fix this so it works well with BWS cause I take it thats what most people use to setup their mods.
    It's not the mod's fault if BWS grabs the wrong language, and there is nothing I can do from the mod's side, sorry.
  • Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    Can anyone please tell me how to actually install this mod? It is not following the typical WeiDU format and honestly I'm pretty lost by it.
    edited May 2019
    Firstly, I corrected the link above since it was pointing to my GitHub fork instead of the official release.
    Secondly, it seems the GitHub release does not include the exe - I prepared packages for all OS versions and put them onto the official download at SHS so I'm not sure why they are not included on GitHub, as well. (EDIT: because I was pretty sure I uploaded them there, too, is what I meant.)
    StummvonBordwehr
    Hey Jastey,
    are you a maintainer or can you actually modify the content of this mod?
    edited May 2019
    I'm the maintainer and I modified the content with respect to closing quest and dialogue holes, opening quest starts so they can be obtained more easily (i.e. without walkthrough knowledge), and adding journal entries.
    EDIT: I also added the sister of the dwarf since it's original (unused) game content and she was mentioned in his dialogue.
    Arthas
    edited May 2019
    interesting. Thanks.

Given that it's mantainted by you, next time I'm going to install only Northern Tales of the sword coast, instead of Dark side of the sword coast and provide extensive reports.
    Post edited by Arthas on
    jastey
    edited May 2019
    Hello,
    is there a reason that there are subcomponents of the mod? Are these not maintaned by you?

There is a main component (NTSOC)

then

Keelor
    Lucky arrow
    Hunting hounds
    Pilar and gheldehar
    Svlast's torment
    Fighting encounters

Why were these components spllited? And what are these fighting encounters by the way?

All I would like is mostly content that seamingless integrates into the game, without having to scout dungeons that are supposed to be new but in reality are copy-paste of BG-Bg2 Dungeons