Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    We should.
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddesstbone1
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    I can well understand your feelings on the subject.
    semiticgoddessRaduziel
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

ThacoBell said:

@Abi_Dalzim You try to avoid fighting the slavers while freeing slaves?

Some would want to free slaves without killing anyone. It is a perfectly reasonable rationale to be kind to everyone no matter what they are like. We currently have a problem with slavery being imported into Europe, but we imprison the slavers. We don't kill them.
    Yeah, but they don't carry scrolls.... ;)
    ThacoBellWise_Grimwaldlolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited June 2018

ThacoBell said:

@Abi_Dalzim You try to avoid fighting the slavers while freeing slaves?

Some would want to free slaves without killing anyone. It is a perfectly reasonable rationale to be kind to everyone no matter what they are like. We currently have a problem with slavery being imported into Europe, but we imprison the slavers. We don't kill them.
    Its not equivalent. You are actively being attacked, so you react in self defense, and you have *no* authoity to imprison anyone. Not that it would matter, as the slavers in this case have bribed influential people in the city to avoid any kind of imprisonment.

Whoops, forgot the word in asterisk.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Heck, if you don't kill them, Hendak will eventually do it and steal your XP. And loot! :wink:
    Wise_GrimwaldlolienRavenslight
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    You have to admit, the Cooper Coronet was cooler before you killed the slavers >:)
    AerakarMontresor_SP
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    lroumen said:

You can side with lehtinan which I always think you should do on evil runs.

I wish someone modded in that you can interact with the slavers on a positive note, selling people and capturing people to sell. There are countless oblivious people in the realms that can disappear and noone would notice.

As Trent would say..."That's dark man... very dark" :)
    Wise_GrimwaldAerakar
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2018
    I won't complain to that. Darkman is an awesome hero.

I think they made the Die Vecna Die story in his honour.... Okay, maybe the other way around, I don't know.
    Wise_Grimwald[Deleted User]
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    lroumen said:

You can side with lehtinan which I always think you should do on evil runs.

I wish someone modded in that you can interact with the slavers on a positive note, selling people and capturing people to sell. There are countless oblivious people in the realms that can disappear and noone would notice.

I think the people of Trademeet would pay you to take Neeber off their hands.
    Montresor_SPWise_Grimwald
    Deekin is the only reason to play NWN1.
    AerakarReticentlolien
    NWN has this gift of making DLCs better than the OC.

HotU is better than NWN1's OC

MotB is better than NWN2's OC.
    AerakarThacoBellDJKajuru
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,016
    I never really got into the first NWN OC, but I really enjoyed SoU and then HotU. I consider these 2 the real NWN OC.
    Reticent
    @BelgarathMTH Potatos, potatos.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    edited July 2018
    dlc and expansions are very different things.
    Aerakar said:

I never really got into the first NWN OC, but I really enjoyed SoU and then HotU. I consider these 2 the real NWN OC.

yeah i tried playing it and i find it very dull. now the nwn 2 oc i enjoyed despite it's pacing issues as it was charming compared to the one from nwn 1.
    BelgarathMTHThacoBellAerakar
    edited July 2018
    ignore.

dlc and expansions are very different things.

Maybe I'm just becoming old. Can you please explain the difference?

I've downloaded HotU and it added content to the game. That defines a DLC in my book.

I may say that every Expansion is a DLC, but not every DLC is an Expansion.

But I'm curious to know a more accurate definition.

Thanks.
    dlc tends to be alot smaller like characters, or items. and expansions are much bigger and adds alot of content.

it's why people called the fallout 3 dlc expansions.
    RaduzielThacoBell
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    What I always understood is that dlcs are download only and since HotU was released on Cd/dvd back in the 2000s it qualifies as an expansion.
  • ReticentReticent Member Posts: 122
    edited July 2018
    Expansion refers to how extensive the new content is, DLC refers to the delivery method. Pretty much all content is DLC these days, including expansions. Back in the day, new content might easily have been one, the other, neither, or (rarely) both.

Unpopular opinion: Staff of Thunder and Lightning is a sorely underrated item.
    Raduziel
    of all the friendship mods imoen's is the one i like the lest. i've played it twice and both times i just don't feel it. she just does not feel that effected by the events that happend to her. i prefer what little i've seen of her romance mods talks [ the ones in the starting dungeon where she is actually effected by what happend to her.} in comparison
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

of all the friendship mods imoen's is the one i like the lest. i've played it twice and both times i just don't feel it. she just does not feel that effected by the events that happend to her. i prefer what little i've seen of her romance mods talks [ the ones in the starting dungeon where she is actually effected by what happend to her.} in comparison

Not sure that that is an unpopular opinion. :)
    @megamike15 The Imoen Roamance mod is surprisingly good. I use it for the friendship path it offers. Its biggest downsides are the extremely long dream sequences, the stated actions in dialogue that doesn't fit the writing style of the rest of the game, and a
    pretty explicit mention of rape that doesn't fit the tone of the series at ALL.
    It'd worth at least checking out though. I particularly love the friendship that grows between Aerie and Imoen.
    StummvonBordwehr

Not sure that that is an unpopular opinion. :)
    prefer the romance mod to her friendship mod would have been so 5 years ago before it was updated as it gets a bad rep.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

There's a friendship/romance mod for Imoen???

Ye Gods, when will this madness end?
    As if existance isn't painful enough already. ;)
    ThacoBellContemplative_HamsterZaghoul
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651

There's a friendship/romance mod for Imoen???

Ye Gods, when will this madness end?
    As if existance isn't painful enough already. ;)

And this happened well before any comprehensive Mazzy romance mod, which to my knowledge still does not exist.

deletetheearth.jpg
    Wise_Grimwaldlolien