Skip to content

Unpopular opinions

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    @MonoCanalla Also what is considered sick varies from culture to culture. In some cultures having sex with a 15 year old is considered sick whereas in others it is the normal age for getting married. In some cultures same-sex relationships are considered sick or even illegal, whereas in others they are considered to be OK. In some countries anal sex is considered OK whereas in others it is considered not only not OK, but illegal.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

In some countries anal sex is considered OK whereas in others it is considered not only not OK, but illegal.

I wonder how the government takes knowledge of this kind of practice.

• Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Anyone that would dare ban anal sex clearly is just mad that they never had any.
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844

@MonoCanalla Also what is considered sick varies from culture to culture. In some cultures having sex with a 15 year old is considered sick whereas in others it is the normal age for getting married. In some cultures same-sex relationships are considered sick or even illegal, whereas in others they are considered to be OK. In some countries anal sex is considered OK whereas in others it is considered not only not OK, but illegal.

In some cultures, cutting off parts of the sexual organs of infant boys and even girls is considered sick, whereas in others it is considered to be OK, even desirable or mandatory. Which just goes to show that sometimes insanity is defined by the majority.

• StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,355
    I think we are getting too much off topic here...

Lets be gratefull for the lack of action in the games - and leave Romantic encounters for those who cant do without.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

Please, take into consideration that this Site is Rated Teen.

Now THAT's an unpopular opinion!

Obvious joke is obvious! I hope :)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857

I think we are getting too much off topic here...

Lets be gratefull for the lack of action in the games - and leave Romantic encounters for those who cant do without.

I agree with you 100% but a lot of the mod NPCs also have not just romantic interest which is fine for teens and under, but also some pretty graphic stuff as well.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    edited May 2018

Please, take into consideration that this Site is Rated Teen.

That's also kind of my point. I am quite pessimistic about the Human race . There is plenty of evil and mental sickness in this world. People who use sex as a tool of power or even destruction. Imagine giving magic to those monsters of the chilean and argentinean dictatorships of the 60s and 70s...

D&D magical sex should be Rated Teen. Things like multiply the capacity of your inner fluids, morph to a driad, enlarge your organs, etc...
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

D&D magical sex should be Rated Teen. Things like multiply the capacity of your inner fluids, morph to a driad, enlarge your organs, etc...

The Great Karnak says: "0.35 seconds."

Open the envelope:
    The elapsed time between the discovery of magic and the start of research on the "Enlarge Equipment" spell.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

enlarge your organs

But that would affect what notes correspond to which keys, the organ player's hands would have to be of Uma Thurman-esque proportions, most church floors would need reinforcing, they might become too big to fit between the walls, ...

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

IWD2 is unplayable.

Not anymore. And it's only getting better. :smile:
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @WarChiefZeke You can do better than that. Only half of those are blatantly wrong ;)
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

Mizhena should have been a companion.

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited May 2018
    Dev6 said:

Mizhena should have been a companion.

Mizhena's reply: "Your shield has a funny shape, granted, but it's no match for the fury of a follower of Tempus."
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89

IWD2 is unplayable.

NWN is also unplayable. In fact 2nd edition is much better suited for video games that the 3rd edition.

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    xizor said:

IWD2 is unplayable.

NWN is also unplayable. In fact 2nd edition is much better suited for video games that the 3rd edition.

I think you'll find that this is NOT an unpopular opinion at all.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    The only reason why NWN is unplayable is the lack of Full Party Control.

NWN2 is unplayable due to the camera. I'm pretty sure it is possessed by Satan.
    Raduziel said:

NWN2 is unplayable due to the camera. I'm pretty sure it is possessed by Satan.

How that atrocity on mankind passed through beta is beyond me.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    Skatan said:

bleusteel said:

1e and 2e Time Stop only stopped time in a 15’ radius sphere. 1e duration was .5 segment per level + 1d8 rounds (or maybe segments?). 2e duration was 1d3 rounds.

How is that even possible? I know magic is magic, but how can time be stopped in just one small part of the world? It's start all sorts of philosophical questions on "what is time". The idea that all living beings 'freeze' or that the caster is so ridiculously fast that they seem to move while everyone else are stuck in timestop is much more believable (if that word can even be used in these kind of situations, hehe)

And btw, I'm not questioning you personally @bleusteel, it's more of a rhetorical question based on your insightful input.
    It works like King Crimson does in JoJo
    I just started a MotB run a few days ago. I love the 3.5 class system but I've never finished a playthrough of NVN2 yet, heh.. Thanks @BelgarathMTH, I'm gonna try that trick of yours! Maybe this time I will actually finish the game with my new favorite character - the Druid/Monk/Sacred Fist!
    @Almateria As much as I love the reference you just made, it works pretty much exactly like Dio's The World.

King Crimson would have allowed everyone to move in the "stopped time" but they would have had no memory of it, as well as selectively erasing actions they took during it for everyone but the caster.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296

IWD2 is unplayable.

Not anymore. And it's only getting better. :smile:
    Looks promising, particularly all of the "faster X" components. But IMO, the greatest flaw in IWD2 is the filler combat, not the quest structure. Black Isle/Obsidian's bad habits of just dumping damage-soaking trash mobs all over every area were at their absolute worst in that game. You can see the same fingerprints all over Pillars of Eternity as well.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @redline: We're actually going to be diversifying enemy encounters as well in the next updates. Combat will involve fewer melee clones than in vanilla.
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    Only insecure naive appeasers play Lawful Good characters.

Only insecure naive appeasers play Lawful Good characters.

I think too many people hate Paladins for that to be possible ;)

Scrappy Doo is NOT the worst character to come out of the Scooby Doo franchise.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Which one then?
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    ThacoBell said:

I think too many people hate Paladins for that to be possible ;)

Not just paladins although they sure fit the thrope. LG have no independent mind of their own.