Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @fluke13 Congratulations! We're all waiting to welcome your Lady Earthling :)
    ThacoBellfluke13lolienJuliusBorisov
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    Kiddos are one of those things - it's surprising how quickly you can get used to it all and work out a functional routine most of the time (at least after the first 3 months or so). I became a father at 20, and really didn't ever suspect such a thing could ever happen, but 10 years on, me and the kiddo are still alive somehow. It's hardly been a picturesque or perfect run, but he's turned out to be a fine little dude. I will say dating as a single father is kinda wacky and doesn't come highly recommended lol.

ThacoBellmlneveselolienSkatan
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Gallenger Are you sure about the dating thing? I swear, as soon as I was married, I had people hitting on me everytime I left the house. Having a kid made it more frequent.
    semiticgoddessRaduzielmlneveselolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    That does sound difficult.
    Balrog99mlnevese
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yeah I plan on not having kids until I find a person willing to commit for life tbh
    mlnevesesemiticgoddess
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

Yeah I plan on not having kids until I find a person willing to commit for life tbh

That's what I did... we've been together for 21 years... my oldest is 2.5 years old...
    ThacoBellSkatan
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    In general, it's a good idea to only have kids with someone you can spend the rest of your life with. Kids benefit a lot from having two on-hand parents--and childcare is certainly easier when two people can share the burden.
    RaduzielThacoBellmlnevese
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Raduziel said:

Genetic is something curious. Apparently both Aurora and I like to sleep the same way.

Aurora is such a cool name! It brings back memories of Alpha Flight from the 1980's Marvel comics.

ThacoBellRaduzielmlnevese[Deleted User]
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    I can concur, I've somehow acquired a huge plastic tub of socks throughout my adult life and it's deeply comforting that I've always got fresh socks on deck at any moment.
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]lolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ZaghoulmlneveseBalrog99lolien
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Whu- how do you do that? :o Two or three pairs always grow holes every six months. :D

Man... magical socks! :3

Some of them do get holes, just no visible ones.

If society is fine with that, so am I.
    Zaghoulmlnevese[Deleted User]lolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ZaghoulmlneveseThacoBellBalrog99
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    ThacoBell said:

Accidentally fulfilled a childhood dream of mine today. For years my favorite fish was the Oarfish. They are the longest bony fish in the world and have been measured up to 38ft long. The thing is, when I was kid, I had to rely on artist renditions to see one alive. As the only known specimens were ones that washed up dead on shorelines. So I had always wanted to see a living one, whether in person or on film. Today I stumbled across a video from 2014 online that shows two live Oarfish that measure around 15 feet long. To my knowlegde its the only confirmed recording on live ones.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/videos/category/science/rare-oarfish-sighting/

There was an episode of River Monsters where the host, Jeremy Wade was filmed next to an oarfish. Apparently there's this buoy in the Mediterranean where oarfish travel up and down the anchor chain.
    mlneveseThacoBellBalrog99[Deleted User]