Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition 2.5 patch

Comments

• LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member Posts: 22
    Good spot GW. So here we are yet again with one communication indicating a release (IWD) and a clear statement that it is rolling out to all channels from May 1, to once again do a spectacularly humble (or cynically manipulative whichever is your preferred flavour) communication 'roll back' to confirm that actually, they have done sod-all with the Mac App store channel......YET AGAIN.

I own all the original releases pre EE (including IWD2 & NWN2 - clearly not SoD) and this ongoing misleading communication has driven me to refuse to buy any of the recent releases (PS:T, SoD & NWN): I will not do so until BD either make good on their numerous undelivered promises to actually publish the Mac versions, that are already released, to the MAS, or they agree to exchange MAS versions of their titles for Steam/BD/GoG versions. MAS is still on a 2 year old IWD client version and 1.4 (over 3 year old) BG/BG2 client.

BD, start stepping up to the game and get your act together. Please be crystal clear why you CAN update Mac versions to all other stores and push IoS versions through Apple, but you appear singularly incapable of pushing an already updated and published product to the MAS.....just WHY?
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    On the bright side, you don't need to worry about not buying SoD or NWNEE on the Mac App Store - BeamDog seem to have learned their lesson and simply stopped releasing new products there (which sucks for those of us waiting for SoD, as the only answer appears to be to buy anew from another source, defeating the point of having a single App Store for the Mac platform, which is an active security choice to minimize the number of places with my CC info etc.)
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I honestly can't understand why people keep throwing money inside Apple's pockets.
    ThacoBellBelegCuthalionGrammarsalad
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Raduziel said:

I honestly can't understand why people keep throwing money inside Apple's pockets.

Because they respect privacy?
    GreenWarlock
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    tbone1 said:

Raduziel said:

They do? Last I heard from them, they were in trouble for tracking people.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Apple have one of the better records on privacy, largely as they like to think they own their customers and are not going to share ;)
    Grammarsalad
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    ThacoBell said:

tbone1 said:

Raduziel said:

They do? Last I heard from them, they were in trouble for tracking people.
    Apple is much better about not tracking its users than Google or Facebook. A USA Today reporter requested the data Google, Facebook, and Apple stored about him. 243 MB from Google, 881 MB from Facebook, and just 9 MB from Apple.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/talkingtech/2018/05/04/asked-apple-everything-had-me-heres-what-got/558362002/

Compare Apple Maps to Google Maps. Google tracks everywhere you go (you can see it on Google Timeline), while Apple Maps uses a random identifiers for routing so that your location can't be connected to your Apple ID.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/05/20/appls-maps-versus-google-maps/
    GreenWarlockThacoBellStummvonBordwehr
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    The official website https://www.icewinddale.com still says "Current Version: 1.4", and all the manuals, release notes, etc. it links to are for 1.4.
    My word, what a couple of BD apologists trying to derail the point of the comments; the facts are that BD have updated and published this on apple’s two environments (MacOS & IOS) already.

It is a fact that they communicated pushing this to all platforms on May 1st and is also a fact that nearly 3 weeks afterwards have backtracked and indicated they did not push to the MAS at all, despite the earlier communication.

It is also a fact that MacOS update releases have been pushed to all stores except the MAS (for more than just IWD).

This has nothing to do with Apple, as hundreds of thousands of developers appear to be able to get their product published and (very) regularly updated on Apples stores with seemingly few issues.

Don’t bash owners who make a choice to use certain hardware for a broader rationale than playing a game, but who rightly expect that they are not discriminated against due to their choice of how they gave BD their money.
    GreenWarlock
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Apple have one of the better records on privacy, largely as they like to think they own their customers and are not going to share ;)

As opposed to google, who hands over customer data to governments and other entities without question.

Apple can be frustrating, but I once wrote an occasional column for a mac-oriented web site. They take security seriously (which is part of the reason Mac OS is based on BSD) and everything that goes through their online stores undergoes a pretty thorough review for, amongst other things, security. Frustrating, but they have their protocol. And of course you are free to buy elsewhere, which I have done as well.
    GreenWarlock
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I don’t own a Mac, but at least Apple put up a fight, unlike google and nearly every other company, when the US government wanted a backdoor into their phone technology.

But, this is pretty derailed.

So far I’m digging the 2.5 IWD update. Seems pretty stable to me.
    AstroBryGuyGrammarsalad
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    They shouldn't push to the Mac App Store until they get the Mac trackpad issue fixed. I downloaded 2.5, but I'm still playing 1.4 for now.

discriminated against

smh.
    StummvonBordwehrAstroBryGuy
    edited May 2018
    joluv said:

discriminated against

smh.
    "discriminate verb (TREAT DIFFERENTLY)

​to treat a person or particular group of people differently, especially in a worse way from the way in which you treat other people"

OSX version, updated and made available to everyone who bought on Steam, GoG & Beamdog....not updated for anyone who bought it on MAS....... tldr: Learn the language before you pass uninformed comment.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Maybe this is a good time to drop the Apple/Mac discussion and simply tag @JuliusBorisov and trust in him to voice the concerns with the right people.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    These concerns are being heard, thanks. The position of MAS customers is understandable.
    lolien
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

I don’t own a Mac, but at least Apple put up a fight, unlike google and nearly every other company, when the US government wanted a backdoor into their phone technology.

But, this is pretty derailed.

So far I’m digging the 2.5 IWD update. Seems pretty stable to me.

All except the MacBook trackpad issues. It's fine with an external mouse, but the trackpad is very difficult to use with the false clicks.
    mashedtaters
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 35
    I’ve a question about the French translation for IWDEE 2.5: how much english texts not translated in French are present now in the dialogues just before the releasing of the last patch v2.5 of IWDEE ? I’ve had a discussion about this subject and it’s not impossible that Beamdog perhaps in the future will deliver a fix that will correct this translation problem - and the other ones -, when the 3 EE games will be all released and available with the 2.5 patch. So I hope the translation work for these lines won’t be extensive and that a fix will come quickly. Thank you by advance.
    PS: of course English isn’t my mother tongue, but I hope to be understood by all the persons here.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @ProfErrata Please, use the French subforum to find that out, for example, in this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36206/le-topic-a-complaintes-et-suggestions-de-la-vf-dicewind-dale-ee/p2
    lolien
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430

All except the MacBook trackpad issues. It's fine with an external mouse, but the trackpad is very difficult to use with the false clicks.

I agree v2.5 is markedly more difficult to use with the false clicks, I've actually reverted back to 2.3
    That bug is now fixed internally - https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36932. Hopefully the fix will come to IWD:EE at the end of the 2.5 patch cycle.
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Been playing a little iwdee 2.5... all looks great, just one thing... female spell casters seem to be chanting their spells with the male sound files :/
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    That's an odd one. Mind reporting it at Redmine, @fluke13 ?
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    edited July 2018
    I've done some further testing and isolated it to the iwdnpc mod, so nothing to worry about on your side. I'll give the good people at pocketplane a shout, thx.

[If anyone else has this problem and doesn't want to wait for the next mod version, just change the value of "Sex" in NearInfinity from male to female]
    Post edited by fluke13 on
    JuliusBorisovGusindalolien
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    I am having some weird (but rather pleasing) sitings, that may be bugs. I have tried seeking them on redmine, but I am on holiday so I am stuck on a iphone for my searching.

The “maybe” bugs:

1) the grand has been put back in grand mastery... the fifth pip seem to have given me a a apr indtead of a 1/2 apr

Neither weapons are speed weapons (tomb sweeper in main and hammer flail in off hand

2) traps show them selves... The character is a cleric but havent touch the find trap spell

Ps: no need to change them if you ask me B). Rather like them
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    @StummvonBordwehr

1) Not a bug. In IWD the 5th pip gives full 1 APR.
    2) Looks like a bug. Please, report at support.baldursgate.com (you can do that from an IPhone as well).
    StummvonBordwehrlolien
  • AzkanAzkan Member Posts: 5
    I want to help with the translation of Ice Wind Dale: Enhanced Edition for the Portuguese language. Who should I talk to?
    anastiel
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Azkan said:

I want to help with the translation of Ice Wind Dale: Enhanced Edition for the Portuguese language. Who should I talk to?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/57718/traducao-icewind-dale-enhanced-edition#latest
    [Deleted User]
  • AzkanAzkan Member Posts: 5

Azkan said:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/57718/traducao-icewind-dale-enhanced-edition#latest
    Unfortunately I already spoke on that topic and got no response. :/ But thanks.
    Ok
    [Deleted User]
    Then i can still help :)
    Azkan[Deleted User]