Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    DrakeICN said:

lolwut?

Not sure she is a swashbuckler or a blade.

DrakeICNAerakarThacoBellMirandel
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    berserker!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    rede9 said:

DrakeICN said:

lolwut?

Not sure she is a swashbuckler or a blade.

Jester, perhaps?
    TrollopsAndPlugTails
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    edited May 2018
    @JuliusBorisov

Hey, I've got a question about site rules.

I've got some custom portraits that I've taken from the internet and modified for my own use on my computer: mostly just recoloring and cropping into drow portraits. Some of those originals are already here from other posters, some are not. Am I permitted to share those portraits on these forums?
    evildevil97
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I'm afraid not. You're fine using those modified portraits in your own games, but you can't distribute them without the author's permission.
    mashedtatersrede9lolienevildevil97
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947

I'm afraid not. You're fine using those modified portraits in your own games, but you can't distribute them without the author's permission.

What about portrait I've ripped from classic painting? Copyright issues if authors died over 75 years ago?
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited May 2018
    The author of the book of which I took a fresco for my avatar died ~760 years ago and has no known next of kin nor copyright.

I am guessing yours would be fine. :)
    JuliusBorisovlolienmashedtatersTrollopsAndPlugTails
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

Hi!

Made portraits for Neera and Jaheira by combining few pics.
    Sory for my poor photoshop skills :blush:

Don't apologise. They are far better than mine.
    DJKajuru

I really hate to be "that guy," but would it perhaps be possible for you or someone else here to adjust the position of Neera's head to make it more seamless with the neck? Perhaps tilting it to the screen left (her right) would do the trick?

Thanks.
    mashedtatersThacoBellAedan
  • bobrodobrobobrodobro Member Posts: 3

I really hate to be "that guy," but would it perhaps be possible for you or someone else here to adjust the position of Neera's head to make it more seamless with the neck? Perhaps tilting it to the screen left (her right) would do the trick?

Thanks.
    I can shift her head more to the right side but if I tilt her body the shadows ill not match.

I'll try to adjust it more
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    It looks like Jaheira's head would benefit from positioning it a little bit higher and back. Also, may be a bid smaller? Right now it's a bit disproportional to the body.
  • ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    edited May 2018
    Reminds me of Warbot in Accounting.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    My attempt to make Xan's portrait fit BG2 ones . According to his fanfictions and fanarts he is quite pale and blue-eyed.

lolienAerakar
    edited June 2018
    DJKajuru said:

My attempt to make Xan's portrait fit BG2 ones . According to his fanfictions and fanarts he is quite pale and blue-eyed.

He looks a bit more realistic. :)
    DJKajuru
    edited July 2018

Greetings!

If anyone here is still looking for a challenge, perhaps someone could lend his or her Baldurizing talents to one or both of these photos:

I'm not really interested in any changes to the person, her outfit, or her weapon - my main concern is just creating some sort of relevant background.

Thanks very much in advance.

I'm not really interested in any changes to the person, her outfit, or her weapon - my main concern is just creating some sort of relevant background.

If it were for me, I'd want armour of some kind as well.
    TrollopsAndPlugTails
  • DrakeICNDrakeICN Member Posts: 623

Greetings!

If anyone here is still looking for a challenge, perhaps someone could lend his or her Baldurizing talents to one or both of these photos:

I suck at photoshop, but this picture is already stylized. Can't you just use the magic wand to remove the white background, put her in front of a forest or something, and add a raster to make it more cartoony?

Like this;

Only put some effort into it?
    SharGuidesMyHand
    edited July 2018
    My attempt.
    It would have been helpful to have been told what sort of background you wanted.

If you delete the white in photoshop you get white lines around the body so you then have to delete those white lines or it looks terrible. (I use the polyganal lasso tool to do that) I put a solid colour layer as a background first to ensure that all the white is deleted. Any mistakes show up vividly with a maroon background!!

You sometimes delete some small patches that you don't want to delete when you select the white area. It is therefore wise to copy and paste the original image so that you can touch up those patches from the original later if necessary.

Other options for a background are scenes from the Baldur's Gate videos or a photo from a local castle/mountain. Do a print screen and paste into paint or directly into photoshop for a scene from the Baldur's Gate videos.

I wouldn't know how to add a raster.

The images below will look better when reduced in size to a 330 x 210 pixel bmp. At the current size any tiny error is visible.

Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    ProontSharGuidesMyHandAerakar
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

Ruthana Portrait by BakaHoshi (Roromish Not)
    There's always a shortage of female dwarven pictures. This should at least even the odds a little.

Portrait Commissions by BakaHoshi (Roromish Not)
    Also interesting of note is what appears to be a gnomish melee fighter woman at the top left. Even comes with some actual protective breastplate piece.

I am heavily favoring that warhammer pic for my Halfling Paladin run.
    Wise_GrimwaldGusindaAerakar
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Recently ran across this one on DeviantArt.
    https://www.deviantart.com/allnamesinuse/art/Jess-4-743604866
    ThacoBellAerakar
    edited July 2018

dragonborn by kainthebest
    A dragonborn. But alas without the Fus Ro Dah.

I thought that it was a tiefling and was thinking of using it in a future run as I have the dubrace mod installed.
    LadyRhian said:

Recently ran across this one on DeviantArt.
    https://www.deviantart.com/allnamesinuse/art/Jess-4-743604866

An excellent portrait which I shall certainly use.