Skip to content

The thread for happiness/spreading your joy

Comments

• JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    Raduziel said:

Today I've learned a new word in English: skulduggery.

Must say that it is my favorite word now and I'll try to fit it in every context that is possible.

Makes me feel like a 70 yo lord swinging a cane while raising a closed fist, a vein about to explode in the forehead, cursing and threatening those damn youth that is ruining the country.

Thanks for this, @fluke13

And you can even say the word in Baldur’s Gate 2 as I recall! That’s how I first learnt it all those years ago. I used to have an English-Swedish dictionary next to me while playing BG as a child/teenager. Most of my English vocabulary comes from these games.
    mlneveseThacoBellRaduziellolien
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    mlnevese said:

Today, July 23rd, me and my wife complete 21 years together... I think by US Law we are now allowed to drink or something like that :)

Drunk on love.
    mlneveseThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Looks like that level up finally came, @ThacoBell :)
    ThacoBellmlneveselolien
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    He is gonna be higher leveled than me by age 8, I swear.
    Zaghoulmlneveselolien
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    ThacoBell said:

My son's fever has not returned in 48 hours, and hasn't thrown up in about 30. I think we are over this.

@ThacoBell How's his BS doing? Does it still keep dropping?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Sorry, I have no idea what that means but it sounds hilarious. "Does he still keep dropping BS?"
    ThacoBell
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited August 2018
    @ThacoBell I'm glad to hear it. It takes a higher power to intervene with the darn ins. companies sometimes. I'm kinda curious as to when the endo has you checking his BS (having done it 5-7 times a day for 35+ years).
    StummvonBordwehrThacoBellmlnevese
    @Zaghoul Twice a day. The previous supply was sufficient only for every other day testing.

@DrHappyAngry I appreciate the sentiment. It certainly helps that despite the difficulties and uncertainty, its STILL much better than when he was younger. No matter how bad a day may be, I'm still happy to have it, as it was a day we almost never had at all.

Would it be considered improper to drink wine from a horn? :p
    ZaghoulmlneveseStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @ThacoBell: I don't see why not. It's considered perfectly acceptable to drink from a lizard's butt.

Although a group of drunken frat boys might not be the ideal sample for polling on social attitudes.
    ThacoBellmlnevese
    I don't think I needed that visiual...
    Balrog99
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @ThacoBell: Here is a cute one instead.

ThacoBell
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    ThacoBell said:

@Zaghoul Twice a day. The previous supply was sufficient only for every other day testing.

@DrHappyAngry I appreciate the sentiment. It certainly helps that despite the difficulties and uncertainty, its STILL much better than when he was younger. No matter how bad a day may be, I'm still happy to have it, as it was a day we almost never had at all.

Would it be considered improper to drink wine from a horn? :p

It specifically said, beer wine and mead were OK to drink out of them, so I'd say so. Liquor and soda are out, though.
    ThacoBellDev6
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719

Only problem is, even after hand washing, they still totally smell like cow.

This is the most metal thing I've ever read in my life.
    Mostly because I was pretty sure nowadays drinking horns were made of plastic or something else and not actual horns.
    Skatan
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    So this is a mix bag, my father was suppose yo come visit today and we were going to go six flags. But my states weather is a fickle mistress, it can be nigh flooding in one part of a city and creaking sunny in another. Weather basically stopped my dad from making the trip here. So he told me to go with my girlfriend since she has to work tomorrow and took today off to go to six flags with us.
    ThacoBell
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    fluke13 said:

Married in Brazil <3 </p>

Congratulations to you and Mrs. Fluke!

mlnevesefluke13ThacoBelllolien
    Congrats! Its an adventure!
    mlneveseRaduziellolienfluke13
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    ThacoBell said:

Congrats! Its an adventure!

In more ways than he imagines :)
    ThacoBellRaduziellolienfluke13
    @fluke13

Again, congrats!

Nice neck, by the way. Very well shaved.
    lolienmlnevesefluke13Skatan
    @fluke13 Wait until you see our taxes collectors :D
    mlneveseThacoBellfluke13Skatan