Skip to content

Which Cleric (NPC) do you prefer?

Comments

• ArcanjoArcanjo Member Posts: 155
    I used a Bardic spell (STR) that allowed Viconia to equip a shield, at the end of the Buff, the shield turned red, but I still equipped it and giving the bonus (Apparently)! I loved this because it allows her to have shields or equipment that she could not, just snorting once (I do not have the Ogre's gauntlet yet, this is a slash twist)! What do you guys think about that?

I do not know if I could do something similar to compensate for the lack of Dexterity of others and things like that without having to wait until the end of the game.

sarevok57
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    For years I was a confirmed Viconia fan - mainly because saving her gives me an excuse to kill one of the Flaming Fist - but these days I tend to opt for Branwen because I think she has a nice voice.
    Arcanjosarevok57tbone1
    Can you pick up the Elven chain Mail?
    I took the dorn and killed a druid, now he wants to get another guy, but I do not know if he has to get there fast just to kill and get the reward.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Don't read if you don't want spoilers. Obviously. But you can at least know that it's not timed.

You can't finish that part of the quest before:

..you gain access to baldur's gate.
    ArcanjoThacoBell
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited August 2018
    One issue a couple of people have mentioned is that the multiclass cleric NPCs all appear fairly late in the game, which means you have to make your party balance decisions at a point when only Branwen and Viconia are viable options. I would gladly take Yeslick if he were available from the start but usually just make do with Jaheira, who doesn't quite have the spellcasting breadth of a cleric but is the best druid in the game as she can wear full plate and cast a couple of cleric-only spells (including raise dead).
    Arcanjo
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    jsaving said:

One issue a couple of people have mentioned is that the multiclass cleric NPCs all appear fairly late in the game, which means you have to make your party balance decisions at a point when only Branwen and Viconia are viable options. I would gladly take Yeslick if he were available from the start but usually just make do with Jaheira, who doesn't quite have the spellcasting breadth of a cleric but is the best druid in the game as she can wear full plate and cast a couple of cleric-only spells (including raise dead).

if i choose to take yeslick on my runs, i will just use branwen and when i hit the cloakwood mines, boot her out and bring yeslick in

although usually if i go for yeslick i will run straight to the cloakwood mines to get him as soon as possible, sometimes i will even get to the cloakwood mines before i even hit 8000 XP per character
    butteredsoulArcanjoSteveRogers41
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    edited August 2018
    I mean for me much like sarevok, I *rush* to cloakwood if I want Yeslick, which gives me a reason to take Coran too since I'll be rushing to him too along the way :D

My vote is for Quayle though - you can mod him into the carnival which is a lovely spot to pick him up and give yourself an extra arcane caster + healbot.

One run I specifically went there as fast as humanly possible just to get the whole gang of NPCs you can find in the cloakwood - Yeslick, Coran, Faldorn, and Eldoth lol. Made for an interesting team.
    Yann1989sarevok57
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Branwen is quite a nice person. Viconia is not a very nice person. So Branwen wins :) There.
    Permidion_StarkArcanjoThacoBelldeltago
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ArcanjoThacoBellAerakar
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I don't like Quayle because he perves on Jaheira.
    Arcanjo
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Raduziel said:
    Nice one. That looks good. B)
    Arcanjo
    Arcanjo
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    thespace said:

sarevok57 said:

i think the real downside of viconia is that you can't have a REP of 20 with her in your team, now in all reality you don't need 20 REP to finish the game ( hell you don't even need to hit 10 ) but just for convenient sake having to arbitrarily lower your REP so she stays around, oiugh

You can keep her and a 20 rep if ya finish Durlags ;)
    how so?
    Arcanjo
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @sarevok57

Helmet of Opposite Alignment
    Arcanjosarevok57[Deleted User]
    Raduziel said:

@sarevok57

Which floor?
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    edited August 2018
    Arcanjo said:

Raduziel said:

@sarevok57

Which floor?
    @Arcanjo

In Vanilla you could get it by killing the Demon knight at the ground level (you had to be quick about it), and it wasnt at the bottom. In the EE its just at the bottom as far as I know
    Post edited by StummvonBordwehr on
    Arcanjo
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I’ve always been a Brawnen fan over all other characters.

Sad she never made a cameo in BG2. Was hoping Beamdog would rectify that with SoD but she got no love (or even Cameos) there either.
    ArcanjoDharius
    sarevok57ThacoBellArcanjo
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Is there a BG2 tutorial?
    ArcanjoSkatan
    Arcanjo
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited August 2018
    Ideally the helm of opposite alignment would remove Viconia's rep penalty, but unfortunately it doesn't, either in BG1 or BG2.
    Post edited by jsaving on
    ArcanjoDragonspear
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    I used to pick Branwen, but recently switched to Yelsick. With Gauntlets of Dexterity and Big-Fisted Belt he is pretty good fighter. The only problem is playing with 5 characters for half of the game.

He is also the only not evil dwarf companion (not counting Arkanis) in both games. :(
    Arcanjo
    Y'know I never really understood why Viconia made it into BG2/SOD, and not Branwen, each to their own I suppose...
    ThacoBellArcanjoAerakar
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Because Viconia is cool, Branwen is boring:)
    Arcanjo
    edited August 2018
    You're very wrong, but I respect your opinion, even if it is completely misguided :)
    Ludwig_IIThacoBellArcanjo