Skip to content

The Anime Thread

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @SmilingSword Thank you so much. That was wonderful. Definitely one I'm going to keep up with.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Ok did a bit of a quick scan over the last few pages
    and to my horror there was no mention of Nanatsu no Taizai "seven deadly sins"
    This anime is a amazing and the first season has recently ended, 24 ep's at that.
    It's a full on fantasy anime, great fight scenes, interesting characters, some of those emotional bits people seem to like,
    but what really sell it is the comedy. Really funny slap stick from start to finish.
    Also it's kind of ecchi, which is a plus in my book :smiley:
    How do you guys find your anime?
    I used to live with a huge otaku, so we had pretty much everything, but now I have to find all my anime myself and this site has been invaluable,

http://anichart.net/spring

Just a list of whats happening during the current season.
    It's so so good, I can just cherry pick from everything new.
    Also the little category descriptions are a life saver.
    edited May 2015
    Ok I'm bored at work so this is SmilingSword's anime recommendations for the passed 2 years, plus Panty and Stocking because Panty and Stocking are awesome.

currently running shows are not including the long runners like One Piece, "that never stop" are

Owari no Seraph:
    Hardcore vampire anime, overly emotional and the protagonist is kinda annoying, but all in all it's pretty interesting.

High School DxD BorN: third season of High School DxD, more of the same and by that I mean oppai. :smiley:

Gintama: Haven't started watching this yet, as i have a tonne of Gintama to get through, but it's Gintama so it's awesome.

Shokugeki no Souma: This one is just great, Shokugeki no Souma "Food Wars", is a battle anime where they cook instead of fight. is really well animated, it's funny as hell and it's kind of ecchi.
    One caveat, you will become really hungry while watching this, I can attest to this, being a vegetarian and my mouth still watering. Oh the shame :(

I haven't had a chance to check out all the shows this season yet, will add more as applicable.

Nanatsu no Taizai: see earlier post.

Tsukimonogatari: more of the gatari series, just wish they would make the prequel already.

Akame ga Kill!: Well if you love a bit of the good old ultra violence as much as I do, you'll love Akame ga Kill!

Hanamonogatari: More gatari series :smiley:

Hitsugi no Chaika: and it's second season are pretty good, decent fantasy world, with a compelling story, also kinda funny at points.

Kenzen Robo Daimidaler: funny, really ecchi mecha, get the uncensored version. Hero fights penguins from another dimension, using his ero power to power his gaint robot.

No Game No Life: Best damn anime i've watched in years, two gamers get pulled into a fantasy world and it's just good ok. Don't wanna describe it for fear of giving anything away, also I'm lazy.

Witch Craft Works: Highschool comedy with witches, nerdy guy gets pulled into the supernatural world of witches, a really strong witch kind of falls in love with him and hilarity ensues.

Kill la Kill: Think i saw a post about this one here, so yeah if you haven't watched it go watch it.

Blood Lad: Supernatural anime, about a vampire guy "kind of a otaku, obsessed with the human world", funny and the animation is stellar. The story and world are really well put together. Don't think it did so well in Japan, so hopes of a second season are few at best.

Monogatari Series: Second Season: At this point you can probably see I'm a huge fan of the gatari series.

Senyuu and Senyuu 2: fantasy comedy shorts.

Hataraku Maou-sama!: Comedy, Demon Lord comes to the human world and gets a part time job.

Mushibugyou: action anime about exterminating gaint bugs during the edo period. this ones funny, though the manga has been rewritten and for some reason they based the anime on the old inferior manga, instead of the new shiny better paced manga. Still worth the watch.

Ok those all the anime I really liked in the released in the passed 2 years, probably forgot one or two.

Now for the best thing ever panty and stocking with garterbelt.
    How do I describe this?
    It's funny, the art style changes constantly to better accentuate the mood. It's about angels fighting demons for gold coins to get back into heaven. Both angels are degenerates in their own little ways and I love them for it.
    Oh yeah they turn their underwear into weapons, hence their names Panty and Stocking.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Hey, @SmilingSword , a nice list!

Gintama and Kill la Kill are so funny!

How do I find an Anime? I try to read a manga that is getting popular in charts and then check if the certain manga is being TV-ed.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    The boyfriend signed up for a subscription to CrunchyRoll, and thanks to that plus following news on animenewsnetwork.net, we keep up with all the new anime releases. (Well. The ones we like/think are interesting, at least.)
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618

Crunchyroll to Stream Kyoto Animation's Amagi Brilliant Park

WooHoo!
    Now I can finally get a chance to watch this.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @bengoshi It's been a while since I've checked this thread. Sorry for the late reply. Anime News Network is decent if you want a feed of upcoming stuff like @Nonnahswriter suggested.

I tend to use the calendar and search at anidb to find out what I might be interested in http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=main

I also keep a watched/read list on anime-planet for access to recommendations
    http://www.anime-planet.com/

My friends like Anichart but I feel the breakdown by season is too broad a time frame http://anichart.net/spring
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Coriander said:

@bengoshi It's been a while since I've checked this thread. Sorry for the late reply. Anime News Network is decent if you want a feed of upcoming stuff like @Nonnahswriter suggested.

I tend to use the calendar and search at anidb to find out what I might be interested in http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=main

I also keep a watched/read list on anime-planet for access to recommendations
    http://www.anime-planet.com/

My friends like Anichart but I feel the breakdown by season is too broad a time frame http://anichart.net/spring

It's better late than never. Althoug, @Coriander , I guess your answer is relative to the @SmilingSword 's question of

How do you guys find your anime?

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @bengoshi Yeah. It looked like it was from you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Shandyr Oh. My. Gosh. Yes. Please.
    They're not nearly as small and cute as they used to be. XD But still awesome.
    I'm really curious if it's a retelling, a story in between season one and season two, or if it takes place after season two. Basically, will we see Davis and co. or will it just be the classics? TK and Kari certainly look old enough for it to be post S.2.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Adult Swim's Toonami to Run Akame ga Kill, Michiko & Hatchin

WooHoo!
    Toonami finally caved and gave Sentai an opportunity to get something on TV.
    Akame ga Kill no less!

Sentai Filmworks Acquires Master Merchandising Rights for Parasyte -the maxim-

Hopefully we'll get a little Migi plushie out of this.
    I really want one of those!

Crunchyroll's put the first four seasons of Digimon up! :smiley:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/06/17/crunchyroll-adds-digimon-seasons-1-4-with-english-dub

Gonna go relive my childhood now. :D
    First three (and I think season 6) have been on Netflix for a while. I only ever watched the first three, so it's all I'm interested in.
    Well some of us don't have Netflix, but do have Crunchyroll! :tongue:

(Why do we not have Netflix, you ask? I don't know...)
    Crunchyroll, netflix what are these things you speak of?
    Why stream when you can download?
    nyaa.se for life :smiley:
    or just go to any of the subbers sites.
    or BakaBT if you want really good quality old shows and full BR rips and don't mind uploading forever.
    edited June 2015

Sentai Filmworks Adds Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Higurashi Anime

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER AND THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!

Watch SCHOOL-LIVE! on CrunchyRoll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNjHxhljAck
    SCHOOL-LIVE! Focuses on the lives of 4 girls who decide to stay over at school: Yuki Takeya, Kurumi Ebisuzawa, Yuri Wakasa, and Miki Naoki. Along with the school adviser Megumi Sakura, they suddenly find themselves to be the final survivors of a zombie attack, and continue to live and survive at the school.

Ep. 01

Wow...

Who would have thought they'd delve into the psychological aspect of this in such a cute fashion.

I'M SOLD!

Japanese Fan Discovers Interesting Fact About "School-Live!" Uniforms

I must be seriously dumb.
    I didn't even notice that they had different colored uniforms and I've even posted promo images various places & watched the first episode twice.

Just finished up Ep. 02 of SCHOOL-LIVE!
    It's actually turning out to be much deeper than I thought it would be not to mention much darker.

Toonami - Akame Ga Kill Promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUN4B3nSKE

• AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    List of Good Anime:
    - One Piece
    - SteinsGate
    - Space Dandy
    - Redline
    - Dragon Ball Z
    - Gangsta

Everything else you could probably skip.
    Almateria said:

List of Good Anime:
    - One Piece
    - SteinsGate
    - Space Dandy
    - Redline
    - Dragon Ball Z
    - Gangsta

Everything else you could probably skip.

Lies!

You forgot Cowboy Bebop.