Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    edited December 2012
    @Etamin - All 3 screenshots you provided work fine on my end. lol - I agree about constructive opinion. You provide valuable feedback and have some excellent suggestions. Doesn't change the fact that you are hard to please. :) Glad you like the unified titles - had your suggestion in mind. Keep in mind I've stated many times in the past its the positive encouragement and feedback that drives me.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    @Archaic like I edited, those 3 links in my previous post work just fine, they only don't for me when clicked in your 1st post. For instance when i click

Main Menu Screen - Sarevok:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img252/9479/mainmenusarevok.jpg

I get

http://imageshack.us/a/img252/9479/mainmenusarevok.jpg</div></div>

Do you have the same or it's only my issue?
    @Etamin - Thank you. Yes it was an issue with the page. Not sure what was the problem but I managed to fix it somehow. Works for you now?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Yes, now it works great. Thanks for fast fix :)
  • KazugaKazuga Member Posts: 38
    Have some problems with my wizard spell bock, mage spell bock ist fine and cleric too, but on the wizard its locks..nah not fine =)

Bilder Upload
    edited December 2012
    @Kazuga - Something is not installed correctly. Remove all files from your override folder and download ezinstaller beta 5.5 and try again. Your language files are different...I wonder if this is having a conflict? Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

edit: make sure that "guimg.chu" file is in your override folder.
    @Kazuga - Would you share that top portrait from your screenshot with us? I like it. Thanks.
    @Sylvus_Moonbow - Thank you.
    edited December 2012
    I'd like to know what customization options you are using: buttons, inventory, start screen, main menu, etc. Thanks.

Personally, I'm using: Bronze Buttons, ACI - Sword Coast 3, BG Start Screen - Friendly Arm Inn and Main Menu - Black Pits.
    edited December 2012
    yes ist jace beleren von magic.

Gold buttons, aci - baldurs gate. start screen - bg sunset and main menu black pits.

Ps: i have delete the overdrive folder corectly before install. Its only @ the wizard spell book. mage spell book and cleric are fine
    Wizard Spell Book:

Bilder Upload

mage Book:

Bilder Upload

Cleric:

Bilder Upload
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    My current combination is Bronze Buttons, ACI - Sword Coast 2, BG Start Screen - BG Sunset and Main Menu - Black Pits.
  • udoudo Member Posts: 6
    hello, first apologize for my language, I do not speak English. secondly say that I find impressive work done with the GUI mod.

Finally, I would like to ask if there is any way to a resolution of 1280/1024 make smaller gui?

thank you very much.
    @Kazuga - Thanks for the heads up. I will fix this issue for 'sorcerers' mage book for BETA 6 release.

@Sylvus_moonbow - Classic brown should work just fine. If you are experiencing issues like this then you will need to remove all files from you override folder and start fresh with installing ezinstaller BETA 5.5. Thanks.

@udo - I've been thinking about offering an alternative gui which has smaller buttons but its not something I've got planned for right now. Maybe in the future...Thanks for your feedback.

@Kamigoroshi - wicked combo, I like!
    edited December 2012
    @Kazuga - Download and replace "guimg.chu' in your override folder and this will fix your wizard/sorcerer book. Official fix will be implemented in BETA 6.0. Thanks.

Fix Download: http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/52193027/file.html
    its working !! thank you for the fast fix <3

<a href="http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/ka4t-7-8f14-jpg.html">Bilder Upload
  • CyphCyph Member Posts: 22
    #Archaic As always great work and merry Christmas :)
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    @Archaic : thx for the christmas gift ! installer works nicely. I like the new spell books ui !

Merry Crhistmas !
  • RasekovRasekov Member Posts: 59
    Just out of curiosity, what's keeping this in beta?
    Seems really nice and way better than a lot of professional GUI for commercial games so what do you want to add on top before making it final?
    @Rasekov - It's incomplete. There are still a lot of GUI screens that I need to overhaul before going into final. BETA 6 will include a better map screen with 13% more viewable world map space and much more. Thanks for your feedback.
    @neoesprit - Merry Christmas back at ya!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited December 2012
    Love the maps! Maybe you could add a reflective glass effect to the compass with some light cracks in it? This could add to the 'weathered' feeling of the map menus rather nicely I think.

The only things I'd change are the icon colours and especially the bright golden border of the active map icon as shown in the Archaic Area Map Preview. Though I believe you already have plans to change their appearance accordingly to the bronze/golden icon sets. :)
  • CyphCyph Member Posts: 22
    #Archaic Something I noticed after installing the latest mod; all my stacks of ammo that were greater than the default (BG Tweaks) had disappeared. Has anyone else experienced this?
    edited December 2012
    @Cyph - I don't have experience with BG Tweaks for BGEE. You may want to install my mod first then other mods on top of it to combat comparability. Start with a clean install/empty override folder. Let me know what works out.

@Kamigoroshi - Yes I do plan to re-design the map buttons at some point. Thanks for the feedback.
    Preview of Silver-Blue buttons coming soon...
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,717
    I think the gold ones are nicer - but all the other changes are great :) Can't wait to see more :)
    edited December 2012
    @LavaDelVortel - I agree but it was requested. You will have the 3 different options: Gold, Bronze or Silver-blue. Thanks for your feedback.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,717
    You're welcome. I really like your invectory. The worldmap is splendid, too!

I've seen this thing:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img707/2936/bgstartscreenswordcoast.jpg

And I thought it should be more like the Sarevok screen, with no mosaic effect with sharpened edges (it looks a bit like that). A simple, plain picutre would do :)
This discussion has been closed.