Skip to content

[Utility] EE Autoroller

Comments

• Azchar111Azchar111 Member Posts: 27
    edited December 2012
    I was able to run the program by changing it's privilege level to 'Run the program as an administrator' under the Compatibility tab. This probably only applies to Win 7 users.
    It works great!

edit: Almost forgot - you also have to start BGEE in windowed mode; changing it to windowed mode and then running the program didn't work for me. I had to uncheck 'Fullscreen' mode, exit BGEE & restart.
    Post edited by Azchar111 on
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Version 2 uploaded.
    Now with an interface and settings for STR% priorities
  • EsviEsvi Member Posts: 26
    Wow. This went from amazing to perfect!
  • PosvicPosvic Member Posts: 7
    Esvi said:

Wow. This went from amazing to perfect!

+1
  • PixelatedPopePixelatedPope Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    Doesn't work for me. Win 7, 64 bit. I hit the recall and store buttons and then it tells me it couldn't collect roll data. I'm running it as an administrator, and I don't know what else to try.

edit:Nevermind. I'm just dumb. Move along. nothing to see here...
    Post edited by PixelatedPope on
    That would mean he couldn't find the correct memory address for the roll. Which would be strange since it works for me and we have the same OS.
    Are you running latest BGEE version (1.0.2010) ?
  • MasonguitarMasonguitar Member Posts: 35
    Works great for me Win 7 64 bit! Awesome Program
  • Roman215Roman215 Member Posts: 10
    If anyone is interested, and Freche doesn't mind that I share a modified version of his program, I created versions for regular BG+TOTSC and IWD1 + HoW. Both work for the gog versions and I haven't tested any others.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Always interested in such programs ;)
    edited December 2012
    The links for the modified versions that work for regular BG1 + TotSC and IWD+HoW can be downloaded from the following links:

BG1 + TotSC v2: http://www.mediafire.com/?pycwoc68hrhxjuh
    IWD + HoW v2: http://www.mediafire.com/?40bciiry2xsee0e

I also made a BG2 + ToB version that has an extra button to boost your stats by the amount you would get if you had collected all the stat books in BG1. If you want to use the stat boost, click the button right after accepting your stat roll.

BG2 + ToB v2: http://www.mediafire.com/?0jxdlz5dwr5swnl

All of the archives contain the .ahk source files if someone wants to improve them. I tested all of them on fresh GoG version installs and it's likely that mods could break them. If it doesn't work for you, or you want it to work for a modded game, here is a tutorial for finding offsets that will work for your particular game install:

OFFSET finding tutorial: http://www.mediafire.com/?zgrnzzat389w7qd

(All original credit goes to Freche for creating his awesome BGEE autoroller)
    Post edited by Roman215 on
  • SlailSlail Member Posts: 9
    Roman, I might just be an idiot but I'm not able to get the BG2 one to work for me. I'm using the GOG install, no mods on it yet and I keep getting the error that It can't collect roll data. I'll keep playing around with it and see if I can figure anything out.
  • imajasjamimajasjam Member Posts: 59
    This is fantastic, works a treat. Thanks!!
    Slail, did you try making a character a regular single player character for regular SoA and not a multiplayer or ToB character? So far, it only works for single player SoA characters. Also, try going into character creation as the first thing you do upon launching the game. The BG2 version seemed more unstable than some of the others to me because of the lack of first level pointers in memory for it. If you follow Freche's guide on finding offsets but increasing it to up to 5th level pointers, you should be able to modify the ini file to work for any of the games with any number of mods installed.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    Gene said:

@Freche I set the value for strength to 00 and 100 and rolled both for hours and got nothing. Am I doing it wrong?

The chance to roll 00 strenght is 1% so on average one out of 100 rolls will have that. Now you still have to roll at least 100 combined which also has a really low chance.
  • GeneGene Member Posts: 4
    My roller seems to have stopped completely. I started it up and let it go for an hour and never got a roll higher than the first one and that was even after I went back to the first version to eliminate the str variable. What's wrong?
  • SayricSayric Member Posts: 1
    Freche said:

1. First you need a new OFFSET value, I'll update this post with new ones.

It doesn't work. Could you post new offset value?
    edited December 2012
    Gene said:

My roller seems to have stopped completely. I started it up and let it go for an hour and never got a roll higher than the first one and that was even after I went back to the first version to eliminate the str variable. What's wrong?

If it got started rolling it should have stored your values, unless you have set some absurd numbers on the STR% modifiers / minimum STR%.
    Use my version 2 of the roller, if you are unsure what version you have, re-download from the first post.
    If you are have updated BGEE to v1.0.2011 then you have to update the ini file with the new offset.
    After starting the program set all the STR% numbers to 0. And see if it store rolls.
    Sayric said:

Freche said:

1. First you need a new OFFSET value, I'll update this post with new ones.

It doesn't work. Could you post new offset value?
    New offset in the first post.

• AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2012
    Am I the only one getting an error on the offset value after having applied todays patch?

My offset value is set to 0x0055E6AC in accordance with OP.
  • szbszb Member Posts: 220
    edited December 2012
    Avari said:

Am I the only one getting an error on the offset value after having applied todays patch?

I'm getting the same error after the patch.
    EDIT: Nevermind it works now, maybe I copied the offset wrong or something.
  • SlailSlail Member Posts: 9
    Roman215 said:

Slail, did you try making a character a regular single player character for regular SoA and not a multiplayer or ToB character? So far, it only works for single player SoA characters. Also, try going into character creation as the first thing you do upon launching the game. The BG2 version seemed more unstable than some of the others to me because of the lack of first level pointers in memory for it. If you follow Freche's guide on finding offsets but increasing it to up to 5th level pointers, you should be able to modify the ini file to work for any of the games with any number of mods installed.

Yeah.. Well. I have TOB installed, but I'm trying to make a character in SoA singleplayer. It's not really a big deal, would just be nice to play around with some wonky builds. I'll see about looking over that guide, thanks. :)
    I am getting the error as well with the new update. Freche if you are willing and able to make it work with this patch I would be grateful. If not I am still grateful for what you have already done!
    Restarting the application solved my problem with the offset file. I feel a little silly not trying this earlier.
    Avari said:

Restarting the application solved my problem. I feel a little silly not trying this earlier.

• spite48spite48 Member Posts: 2
    It isn't storing correctly for me. I'm using the correct offset for 2011, restarted and it doesn't report any errors. Seems to find the store button with the cursor, and rolls as it is supposed to - but the roll sets that it stores are average, and it ignores rolls which match the priority settings: stores a set with a 13 strength, but ignores one with 18/98 even if the % minimum is set at 90, and the weight for 18/90+ are set very high.
    You sure you set the buttons right? I made that error the first time 'cause I didn't read the dialogue properly :p
    edited December 2012

I am getting the error as well with the new update. Freche if you are willing and able to make it work with this patch I would be grateful. If not I am still grateful for what you have already done!

Have you updated the OFFSET value (in the ini file) to match v1.0.2011 ?
    spite48 said:

It isn't storing correctly for me. I'm using the correct offset for 2011, restarted and it doesn't report any errors. Seems to find the store button with the cursor, and rolls as it is supposed to - but the roll sets that it stores are average, and it ignores rolls which match the priority settings: stores a set with a 13 strength, but ignores one with 18/98 even if the % minimum is set at 90, and the weight for 18/90+ are set very high.

Maybe I misunderstand you now but even if your roll have 13 str the program can still check the STR%. You can see the stored STR% as well as the total stored points in the program window once you start the rolling process.
    Remove some points from another attribute and increase str to 18 and you should see the STR%.
    And if you set minimum % to 90 it will take longer to get really good rolls, same if you set 18/90 to a really high value.
    Thanks Freche I got it working. I think I missed the letter "e" in the ini file. Great work as usual!
    edited December 2012
    I updated the Auto Rollers for IWD + BG1 + BG2 where they should be more compatible and work better. The updated links are in the previous post. They should also work if the delay is set to 0 allowing the rolls to go very fast. However, if you notice any messed up rolls, increase the delay to adjust for different computer speeds. If anyone wants me to post a tutorial that would let you change the offsets in the ini files so that any of them works for a modded game, let me know. It would require using a program called Cheat Engine or something similar to look up offsets.
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    Not work for me...always Couldn't collect roll data....new offset don't work!!!
    Aliard, did the old ones work for you? Also, I added a tutorial for finding offsets for any of the games (even modded) in my original post. It's a little bit more complicated than Freche's offset instructions because none of these games have a level 1 or even level 2 pointer like BGEE does (Or at least they don't on my fresh GoG installs).
  • spite48spite48 Member Posts: 2
    "Maybe I misunderstand" No, thank you for the explanation. I get it now...