Skip to content

[Utility] EE Autoroller

Comments

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560

is there a way to just make it roll for a high total score without having it look at your str score... i just want something that will roll for a high total score. don't know if it's possible with this tool... all i read is about str score. great if ur rolling a fighter or sumin but yeah..

Yes, you need to edit the BGEEautoroller.ini file.

minSTRper =0
    STRperMOD1 =0
    STRperMOD2 =0
    STRperMOD3 =0
    STRperMOD4 =0
    STRperMOD5 =0
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    It ignores the exceptional strength part (the /** in strength) for non-fighters.

Also, this doesn't seem to like multiplayer, it works for the first slot but every other slot it ignores every roll and says the highest roll was the first slots roll.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    As @Kaltzor said the bonus score for str is only checked if you roll a class that uses it.

Also, while you can edit the ini file, you don't need too. You can set the Exceptional STR & Min STR% values to 0 in the interface if you don't want to use that feature when making rolls for a fighter class.

I couldn't find a reliable way to read the attribute scores in MP. It works for SP and TBP because the values are stored in the same place every time you try to make a character, this is however not true for MP.
    If you want to use it for MP then I suggest you Pre-Generate the characters and then import them.
  • GishGish Member Posts: 74
    when i unzip, where am i supposed to send it? i sent to the bgee folder and it says it cant find it. not sure what im doing here at all
    @Gish you can place it anywhere. It's a standalone program that you need to run at the same time as you create a character.
    Remember to run BGEE in windowed mode while creating your character and when you are done creating you can use full-screen again.
    edited June 2013
    @Freche I haven't been able to play the game since I posted last time and I went ahead and put the program in my desktop. I followed the instructions but I am still getting the following message,
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\BGautoroller v3.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    It's weird because all I do is click the autoroller icon and that message comes up. After the message comes up the icon just "disappears". Not really sure what I am doing wrong here. I got the game minimized. I didn't need to change the values on the ini of this program either, it seemed already up-to-date.

edit: I open it at the abilities part too also. I figured that might be helpful. But, nah it still isn't working for me. Help! Lol
    can anyone help me with this?
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    edited June 2013
    Well, it seems you did something wrong somehow.
    Baby steps :
    1 - Download the program that is located on page one
    2 - The downloaded file is a .zip file. Open the location where the file has been downloaded, right click on the file, then click on "extract"
    3 - Double click on "BGautoroller v3.exe". A popup will warn you that it's an executable file and can harm your computer.
    4 - It's all done : You can now open BGEE, start create your character, then use the start command from the autoroller when you're in the "roll" part of creating a character.

Note that this file will only work on a Windows Computer (But it seems to be the case for you)
  • ArinthazgArinthazg Member Posts: 1
    Gish said:

@Freche I haven't been able to play the game since I posted last time and I went ahead and put the program in my desktop. I followed the instructions but I am still getting the following message,
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\BGautoroller v3.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."
    It's weird because all I do is click the autoroller icon and that message comes up. After the message comes up the icon just "disappears". Not really sure what I am doing wrong here. I got the game minimized. I didn't need to change the values on the ini of this program either, it seemed already up-to-date.

edit: I open it at the abilities part too also. I figured that might be helpful. But, nah it still isn't working for me. Help! Lol

I had the exact same using using this with the Steam version Windows 7 64bit. Found out it was avast! being triggered and recognising the executable as a serious threat, leading to the file being deleted from my hard drive. Disabling avast! solved the issue.
    You know I tried an alternate link to download and it worke perfectly. I checked avast! And noticed it had notices. Bu I now got it working. Left it on accidentally for five hour and got a 100 on a chaotic evil sorcerer. Lol
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    it works for Icewind dale?
    No it won't.
    If I find some time I could try to add support for IWD. Though I can't make any promises.
  • Aliard1806Aliard1806 Member Posts: 144
    edited September 2013
    if you do it you are a genius (more than you actually are XD) :D ty bro!!!
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    if you want to cheat a uber stats roll, why don't you just press ctrl + shift + 8 ?? :o
    edited October 2013
    Saradas said:

if you want to cheat a uber stats roll, why don't you just press ctrl + shift + 8 ?? :o

Everyone is free to do as they wish.
    This tool don't guarantee an extreme roll. It rolls the same way you normally do, it just do it much faster. Tell me how many 95+ rolls you got, you can have this on for hours and not roll that.

Edit: 18/9
    I'm most likely having time too look into the IWD request next week.

Edit: 4/10
    Sorry about this, I recently moved to a new apartment and didn't have a proper connection for a while.
    Also I couldn't find my old IWD discs and due to me moving I don't want to spend money on IWD atm.
    Post edited by Freche on
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Freche said:

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO HELP GETTING NEW OFFSET VALUES
    (Requires you to know how to search for memory addresses)

1. Find the memory address for the STR attribute (value type: byte)
    2. Make a pointer scan for that address (max level 1 is enough)
    3. You should find a pointer where Offset0 = 5E4
    4. Look at the base address "baldur.exe"+________
    5. New OFFSET = 0x________

I'm testing out the BG:EE v1.2 beta and though I'd give this a try with no luck. Can someone here more experienced give it a shot?
  • Dalis918Dalis918 Member Posts: 37
    Ok this is kind of awesome. It means that you can theoretically leave it running and you'll eventually end up with all 18's plus /00 And it'd be somewhat legit!
    Hey, you're still rolling afterall. It's not ctrl-8
    luskan said:

Freche said:

IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO HELP GETTING NEW OFFSET VALUES
    (Requires you to know how to search for memory addresses)

1. Find the memory address for the STR attribute (value type: byte)
    2. Make a pointer scan for that address (max level 1 is enough)
    3. You should find a pointer where Offset0 = 5E4
    4. Look at the base address "baldur.exe"+________
    5. New OFFSET = 0x________

I'm testing out the BG:EE v1.2 beta and though I'd give this a try with no luck. Can someone here more experienced give it a shot?
    I'm not in the beta so I can't help you with it atm.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited October 2013
    Looks like you need to reprogram your app

UPDATE: I have updated your values and recompiled a fixed version: [link removed] (Tested BG only, no Black Pits). Happy autorolling!

[source removed]

See: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/370324/#Comment_370324

WARNING: DO NOT USE CHEATENGINE WHILE STEAM IS RUNNING, YOU MAY GET VAC BANNED!

BG:EE 1.2 Test2
    Cheat Engine says Offset for
    STR: 0x0063F39C, Offset0: 610
    STR%: 0x0063F39C, Offset0: 611
    DEX: 0x0063F39C, Offset0: 614
    CON: 0x0063F39C, Offset0: 615
    INT: 0x0063F39C, Offset0: 612
    WIS: 0x0063F39C, Offset0: 613
    CHA: 0x0063F39C, Offset0: 616

The new patch will no longer use 5E4.

Post edited by AendaeronBluescale on
    Thank you @AendaeronBluescale.
    Since it's more then just an offset update I'll link to your post in the OP and then post an updated version of the roller once the patch goes live, since basically any update during the beta has the potential to break it again.
    edited October 2013
    OT: I got further evidence that i found the right pointers ;)

254 Strength... stronger than any deity. Well when I start a game with that character, it gets 'debuffed' to 25 ;) (Just to make sure that i really got the right pointers.)

EDIT: A new version is out. I'll CE the values soon and put up another fix.
    An update for the new beta patch is not needed. It uses the same offsets as the previous patch.
    edited October 2013
    Offsets changed again. I'll update them later.
    Update ready: [Link removed]

See: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/371660/#Comment_371660

[Spoiler]
    Only the offset address changed, the Offset0 values stayed the same.
    STR	0x0064139C	610
    STR% 0x0064139C 611
    DEX 0x0064139C 614
    CON 0x0064139C 615
    INT 0x0064139C 612
    WIS 0x0064139C 613
    CHA 0x0064139C 616
    [/Spoiler]
  • marrowjmarrowj Member Posts: 28
    works just fine with newest patch for me
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Thanks for keeping it updated @AendaeronBluescale
    edited October 2013
    @luskan
    I better share fixed tools I use with anyone if I manage to fix them.
    edited October 2013
    Offsets changed again. Update pending.
    [link removed]

See: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/376967/#Comment_376967
    [spoiler]
    Offsets:
    STR	0x0064239C	0x610
    STR% 0x0064239C 0x611
    DEX 0x0064239C 0x614
    CON 0x0064239C 0x615
    INT 0x0064239C 0x612
    WIS 0x0064239C 0x613
    CHA 0x0064239C 0x616
    [/spoiler]
    edited October 2013
    Another Beta update released. Will check soon.
    No update needed. Same Offsets.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Are you using the Beta Client?
    I haven't updated the mod for it, check 2 posts above for AendaeronBluescale's version which works with the beta.
    I'll make my own update once the patch is released and then continue updating for BG2EE.