Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2011

Comments

• ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Great work guys, take the next couple of days off :)
  • ElitroElitro Member Posts: 18
    Neera still won't talk to me...
  • FungostarFungostar Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 179
    Enormous Thanks to the whole dev team!

now I'm only missing the italian translation and I'll finally be able to start playing it :)
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited December 2012
    Awesome! Thanks alot!

Edit: The new movie for resting(in inns and dungeons) is awesome, so is the one for resting outside. Please do not change them. :)

Edit 2: There are actually two new movies. :o Perfect!
    Post edited by Djimmy on
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    ajwz said:

Also, what was the issue with the thief and bard xp cap before?

I'd love to know this as well.
    DragonspeartoanwrathCrevsDaak
  • LuciusDeiLuciusDei Member Posts: 31
    Since updating I can't open the game anymore. Comes to the main screen with the new theme music, press 'Baldur's Gate' to get in and it crashes :( Never had any issues before this.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    So Flame Blade for priests and druids no longer requires scimitar proficiency to use properly?

Does this mean mage touch spells are next?

*also lets out a single tear for the missing elven chain mail*
    Mortianna
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @LuciusDei Sounds like an issue with the new intro movie. Perhaps you could try repairing your game in the launcher?
    @Adul Yeah. Black Pits works fine. The Tutorial works fine. When I go on 'Baldur's Gate' it just locks up.

Where would I find that repair on the launcher?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    LuciusDei said:

@Adul Yeah. Black Pits works fine. The Tutorial works fine. When I go on 'Baldur's Gate' it just locks up.

Where would I find that repair on the launcher?

The button in the bottom right corner
    @LuciusDei There's a small button in the bottom-right corner of the launcher, it opens a menu and the option is there. I'm not sure what it actually does, since I haven't used it yet.
    edited December 2012
    @ajwz @Adul Is this on the Beamdog launcher? If not I would need to find the download for the game launcher itself, since I have just been running it through the Beamdog launcher.
    @LuciusDei Oh, right, I forgot that they have two launchers. I use the standalone, not sure if that option is available in the Beamdog one, sorry. Maybe someone else can tell you.
    @Adul Thanks for the help thus far. Trent pointed me to the BG launcher, hopefully that will fix it.

Thanks again, Adul and ajwz.
  • BigityBigity Member Posts: 98
    Does the elven chain drop correctly yet?
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Excellent! But no mention of the elven chain mail dropping correctly :-(
    Aristilliuskidcresthill
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

Thanks for nice update.

Did you get it working @ZelgadisGW? Glad to hear it!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Thanks for more awesome work, and for continuing to polish this "diamond in the rough" until it sparkles!

About multiplayer: although I'm not usually interested in it myself, I have noticed something intriguing about the new respawn algorithm. I now have to worry about stuff getting back up within a short time after I have "killed" it - which reminds me of playing WoW. You can now grind levels on any map, if you want.

This says to me that the devs are very serious about eventually supporting a thriving multiplayer game. I would guess that it's all a matter of priorities, and that they want to polish and satisfy their predominant single-player audience first, but that they will be polishing multiplayer as soon as humanly possible.

Go, Overhaul!
    kidcresthill
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @tanthalas From the island.
    Greater Wolfwere. You find a dagger, but I can't damage faster than regen and run out of magic missiles at 'injured'. In the past, I did this after Durlag's, so some of us could hurt the beast.

I have a set of saves, but all were post-going-to-island, so I couldn't get back without going through the (spoiler or its equivalent) above. It's fine, but kind of sucks from a 'can't pull back and re-engage later' standpoint (usually, you can get away).

As Minsc says, "It is no great breach of honor to retreat and come again with bigger swords!"
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302

Thanks for more awesome work, and for continuing to polish this "diamond in the rough" until it sparkles!

About multiplayer: although I'm not usually interested in it myself, I have noticed something intriguing about the new respawn algorithm. I now have to worry about stuff getting back up within a short time after I have "killed" it - which reminds me of playing WoW. You can now grind levels on any map, if you want.

This says to me that the devs are very serious about eventually supporting a thriving multiplayer game. I would guess that it's all a matter of priorities, and that they want to polish and satisfy their predominant single-player audience first, but that they will be polishing multiplayer as soon as humanly possible.

Go, Overhaul!

Its just how it was in the original. Actually i think the original spawn mechanisms are pretty crappy.....
    but restoring it to how it was is definitely better than it was before.
    kidcresthill
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @reedmilfam

+3 weapons wouldn't have helped you. You need weapon with the hidden "cold iron" trait to hit the Greater Wolfweres. There are only 4 of those: the Kondar from the Aldeth quest in Baldur's Gate, a flame sword from Durlag's, the dagger you already have, and the chest in the room where that boss is also has a sword that can hit him.
    Oxford_GuyAristilliusGuarocuya
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    "Wild Surge text has been corrected"

Does this mean the increase/decrease problem as well?
    kidcresthill
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Tanthalas - thanks for the info. I'm still limited by the 'can't leave and return with bigger swords'. Annoying, really, for I'd made it deeply into the game. Not the end of the world, though. My newest creation just teamed (gathered her part) up with her mischievous sister (who she didn't recognize - thank goodness she announced herself with a resounding, "Heya, I'm Imoen."

Now, they can venture forth...
    TanthalasDecrepitDragonkidcresthill
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Darkcloud, I have played the original since 1998. I assure you, in none of its incarnations before now have creatures gotten right back up within 30 seconds after you killed them. With their "corpses" still visible on the ground. This is a new feature.
    GrandeCRemorhaz
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302

@Darkcloud, I have played the original since 1998. I assure you, in none of its incarnations before now have creatures gotten right back up within 30 seconds after you killed them. With their "corpses" still visible on the ground. This is a new feature.

I know that they did come back after a while but It really bothered me how fast it was now after the last patch. I don't really now how fast and how many enemies come with the default BG1 spawn rate because I always used some mods the last few years.

What I meant it was also in the default game that they did respawn after some time even if you stay on the map and that it can get quite bothering even in the original.

The way it is now seems more like an side effect of how the script of BG1 was handled with the BG2 engine by beamdog and hopefully gets toned down a bit especially in dungeons.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    The sentence "There are others, I can show you" is extremely hard to hear in the intro movie.. a bit speeded. Still love it :-D
    AdulEtaminHaHaCharademibbles
    @Darkcloud, ah, I see. But still, the faster respawn rate, whether accidental or not, is very conducive to a multiplayer game. I can even see a server where bosses would respawn at frequent intervals, to support a true multiplayer game, complete with pvp. It's really not that far of a stretch, I don't think.

It would create, however, a kind of divide between single players and multiplayers. But that divide already exists in a lot of games that try to cater to both audiences.

Hmmm, this is turning into a different topic. Sorry.

On-topic: I suggest not changing the new, faster respawn rate in BG:EE and its future patches. You guys are onto something here, intentional or not.