Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2011

Comments

• KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    This is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Guys, most people watch the intro movie once or twice...only fanatics are going to watch it every time, scrutinizing every frame. ;)
    GodKaiserHell[Deleted User]
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203

@smeagolheart, after playing a bit tonight in v. 2011, it does seem that your exterior zoom setting is being saved from map to map. However, it is still resetting upon entering an interior area, or upon exiting and reentering the game. I am basing this upon going in and out of the wyvern cave in the Cloakwood. When I went in to fight wyverns, the zoom reset, but when I exited the cave, the zoom control went back in where I had it set before entering.

It was like this before. Zoom resets when:
    -game reloading
    -entering new area
    -entering interior
    -cinematic

However zoom is saved if you don´t leave main area. So when you just enter and leave interior, zoom won´t reset itself.
  • BanexBanex Member Posts: 127
    Like i said the cutscenes don't bother me personally so long as the gameplay rocks-which with the spawn issues long sorted -it does.
  • KomarrKomarr Member Posts: 80
    I, like the vast majority of players, appreciate the hard work the devs have been putting into continuing to improve the game. Particular thanks for restoring the Nietzsche quote. Unfortunately, for me at least, the journal is still not working properly: scrolling still wonky, entries not appearing and quests not registering properly. Two specific examples if this helps: completed quests not showing as completed, such as Mirianne's husband, and Prism the Sculptor quest, while the actual entry reads as completed is listed in both "to do" and "completed".
  • PshlosPshlos Member Posts: 41
    When is the multiplayer going to be addressed?
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    Baldur's gate still requires administrator rights to be launched on my notebook for unknown reasons. The account itself has admin rights.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

Guys, most people watch the intro movie once or twice...only fanatics are going to watch it every time, scrutinizing every frame. ;)

Every person to their taste. I personally love videos and cutscenes in my games, and the ones in Baldur's Gate were phenomenal (for the most part).

The intro in BG:EE doesn't quite live up to its source material in my opinion, but that's okay. It would be cool if they improved it in the future, but I'm not going to threaten anyone or experience a nervous breakdown if they don't.

What I'm much less happy about is the removal of about half the in-game videos. Hope to see that rectified sometime.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Quote is all well and good, but I play the game on 1024x728 resolution on my desktop, the game itself runs okay and videos are okay too, but the Nietzche quote is too big. Doesn't fit the screen and is cut from left and right, making it undreadable. I guess it is okay in 1300+ resolutions?

That 'there are others I can show you' feels rushed and edited. I did not like it, even I was a fan of the new video.

Have to see new videos today! Really wonder dungeon and inn resting ones. ^^
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2012
    It looks like to me that the Nietzche quote is optimized for 1280*1024. It perfectly fits but if Í try to play in window, this part (and only this) will be cut. I don't know why is that, there is no problem with VLC playing/scaling it.
    Post edited by ankheg on
    lunar
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Regarding the new scroll case in the latest patch, there seem to be 4 scroll cases listed in Shadowkeeper, I've done some tests - the first two scroll cases listed in Shadowkeeper causes the game the crash if you add either of them to a character, the last 2 seem to work okay, though for both they seem to be limited to 9 slots - you can't put more than 9 different scrolls in the case, though can put multiple version of the same scroll in one slot. I presume this is for balance reasons.

I've already gone past the point where you could aquire the case in the game, but did the relevant actions at the time, so feel it's legitimate for me to add it into my inventory.

BTW it's only the last (4th) listed scroll case in Shadow Keeper that both works properly and doesn't have "missing string" as a description

BelgarathMTH
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2012
    Nevermind
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    "Every person to their taste"

yes, but when you have thousands of people who don't watch the intro movie more than once and a handful of fanatics, you shouldn't devote resources to please the latter.
  • DerDuKeDerDuKe Member Posts: 88
    Movie for resting in a dungeon looks awesome! :)
    Oxford_Guygabilturgh
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    iPad user very jealous of pc users here... (never thought I would say that!)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Quineloe Just so you know, people don't often like being called fanatics. It's generally considered rude to throw that word around.
  • NightsWatchNightsWatch Member Posts: 6
    Since the latest patch, my journal has only one entry in it. All the rest have disappeared. The same thing when I run my backup version. Anyone else having this problem?
  • MeizMeiz Member Posts: 18
    Ok, this is frustrating. I've got 5 different save game slots and the new patch broke all of them. New games work ok. The problem seems to be with Viconia, as every save game shows question mark on her portrait as the game stops responsing....

Ideas?

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Meiz, did you have any mods or overrides? Are you using a custom install folder?

The updates usually erase any additions to the program. It looks to me like your saves might be referring your game to files that no longer exist.
  • MeizMeiz Member Posts: 18
    I had installed xpcap remover files under override, removing them did not help. Other than that, nothing is modified.
  • NightsWatchNightsWatch Member Posts: 6
    Journal entries showed up again after the fourth load, so things will be a little easier. Too bad all of the info that was't entered before the fixes couldn't show up now too. Nest time through I guess.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Well, well.. seems there is still a long road to go... and so far i was mainly one class specific bugs gameplay centered (not really fixed either..'yet').. but some more general reports are still really scary it seems.. O_o (
    Happy like everyone there are new patches, obviously, but after the 4th, that's a little... weird feeling.. how we say in nietzschean philosophy?.. ah yes.. how to be happy.. *)

Well, maybe another 'intro movie' quote (for now - i always loved the original too!), then:
    "Suffering by nature or chance never seems so painful as suffering inflicted on us by the arbitrary will of another.”
    Arthur Schopenhauer

.. :)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Thank you for another good patch. The rate at which they're being sent out is very good I think. It's nice that it's not all just bug fixes either, but also additional content (cut scenes) and input from community being addressed (scroll case/intro).

And yeah, I know, some will say the scenes should have been there from the start, which is true, but they weren't and we're getting them as they're finished instead of having to wait for a single major content patch after the bug fixes. A lot of developers would merely focus on the bugs.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @HaHaCharade
    Well, thanks. Never expected this from anyone.
    HaHaCharade
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Meiz said:

Ok, this is frustrating. I've got 5 different save game slots and the new patch broke all of them. New games work ok. The problem seems to be with Viconia, as every save game shows question mark on her portrait as the game stops responsing....

Ideas?

It's actually a cunning way of disguising that she is a drow.

Sophia
  • AdanuAdanu Member Posts: 37
    Which Neera dialogue is fixed?
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38
    Woot, I go away for a week and come back and it's the uber patch and it gave me almost everything I wanted.

To all those who complained that 19.99 was to much for continuing support like this, I say phooey on you!
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    It is too bad to see that itemcost bug has not been fixed ...
    Win7 64 simplified chinese edition
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    notking said:

It is too bad to see that itemcost bug has not been fixed ...
    Win7 64 simplified chinese edition

I was same symptom ,

itemcost bug ,
    Win8 64 traditional chinese edition ,
    Developers say they get and long term plan call BG-Next after BG2-EE

But i feel if they can't fix all of bugs in BG-EE and really add some enhanced features into the game first ,

How do i trust them can do the nice job in the "BG-Next" ?
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Meiz said:

Ideas?

Did you have a custom viconia portrait from a mod? Reinstall the mod.