Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2011

Comments

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    @Space_hamster Thanks, for some reason my max frame rate was 60. Changing to 30 got it back to normal.
    --
    I dont care much about games languages, give me something i can understand/subtitles and i'am more than happy. Actualy, having the language i hear in my everyday life in a game can even make it a bit lame/cheesy sometimes! thats my opinion.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Razor said:

I dont care much about games languages, give me something i can understand/subtitles and i'am more than happy. Actualy, having the language i hear in my everyday life in a game can even make it a bit lame/cheesy sometimes! thats my opinion.

Yeah, that's a phenomenon I've also experienced, and I've always found it interesting. I'm guessing that's a side-effect of being a non-English-speaker in an area where English is hugely dominant. Also, it doesn't help that game translations in my first language tend to be ridiculously low quality. Usually, they're an abundant source of unintentional humor.
    sunset00ermo
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546

ankheg said:

The Doomsayer at the excavation site I don't remember dying with effect. The Battlehorrors outside of Durlag's died with the effect but the Doomguard up on the ledge with skeletons did not.

Thanks. You are right. I checked it in youtube (I don't have a save in original BG near) and there was only a minor magic missile demage-like effect.
    I was reporting the behavior I noticed in BG:EE. Apparently they have it right.
    I just finished Degrodel's place and I was a bit surprised as I was able to cast spells on invisible stalkers. Was it always so? I don't remember... (or is it just a BG1 thing?)
  • 11302101130210 Member Posts: 381
    THANKS A LOT! I actually stopped playing this because I knew the "Joseph's Ring Quest" was bugged. I'm a big experience hog and a bit of a perfectionist.
    ankheg
  • veryaerisveryaeris Member Posts: 2
    Pardon me. I am pretty new to this forum. Could someone shed light on where to download the update? Thanks.
    veryaeris said:

Pardon me. I am pretty new to this forum. Could someone shed light on where to download the update? Thanks.

It's automatic.
  • veryaerisveryaeris Member Posts: 2
    ankheg said:

veryaeris said:

It's automatic.
    Thanks a lot
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    veryaeris said:

Do you have the Beamdog version, the Launcher Version (the one that pops up and says has a button "Play", or something else?
  • caincain Member Posts: 1
    do you know from where to download these patches? Sorry for me being stupid, but i cannot find these anywhere
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The game launcher detects and downloads any update automatically.
  • AlexDeLargeAlexDeLarge Member Posts: 273
    If i could offer a suggestion to be implemented for the next patch:

Please make the Katana that Winthrop sells to be cheaper. As it currently stands, you can only afford it if you are either a thief with max lockpicking skills, so that you can get the 1k gem, or be evil, kill a bunch of guards and sell their loot. If you're a good character, playing it by the book, you can't even use the Firebead 300g trick to afford buying that Katana. And that's pretty much the only Katana you will see until the end of Chapter 4. Besides, it's only a basic one. A long sword +1 will always be better than a basic Katana. Now, i get that they are supposed to be rare and all, but it's already a disadvantage if you select Katana and dual wield and you have only one available for half the game. But at least make that one actually be available, since i'm planning on becoming grandmaster in Katana proficiency for the entire trilogy (and i'm sure i'm not the only one), don't gimp us like that. Removing viable options and choices from the game is never a good thing imo.

So my suggestion would be, either make it something like 450-500 gp, so that you can raise enough money by doing all the quests + Firebead to afford it, or make it so that we can sell that 350 gp potion to either Winthrop or the Priest of Oghma.

Hope you will take into consideration my small manifesto! :D

Best regards,
    Alex
    ermoTheBlackThroneaerefrygtdeathdoG
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I hope beamdog can improve the features more quickly , BG isn't online game , playthrough takes me couple hours , i don't have much time replay the game so many times ,
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    at least,itemcost bug must be fixed
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    notking said:

You can try to install the BG-EE in the default directory like C:\ Program Files \ Baldur's Gate \

It may can fix this issue first,

darrenkuo said:

notking said:

You can try to install the BG-EE in the default directory like C:\ Program Files \ Baldur's Gate \

It may can fix this issue first,

dosen't work
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    ankheg said:

ankheg said:

The Doomsayer at the excavation site I don't remember dying with effect. The Battlehorrors outside of Durlag's died with the effect but the Doomguard up on the ledge with skeletons did not.

Thanks. You are right. I checked it in youtube (I don't have a save in original BG near) and there was only a minor magic missile demage-like effect.
    I just finished Degrodel's place and I was a bit surprised as I was able to cast spells on invisible stalkers. Was it always so? I don't remember... (or is it just a BG1 thing?)
    I noticed in the spell description for improved invisibility you can now target people with spells even if they have improved invisibility on, which didn't used to be the case. Maybe the way that invisible stalkers are programed they behave like they have improved invisibility??

ankheg said:

ankheg said:

I noticed in the spell description for improved invisibility you can now target people with spells even if they have improved invisibility on, which didn't used to be the case. Maybe the way that invisible stalkers are programed they behave like they have improved invisibility??

I believe that they have only normal invisibility, and thats the real problem. It is a possbility that they've always had, which is bit stupid. I don't think they changed the improved invisibility but I will have to test it.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    I hope they didn't change it - this is a cornerstone for a magic battle.
    ankheg
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Any word on when the next patch will happen?
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    Please fix custom sounds
    Please fix custom sounds
    Please fix custom sounds
    Please fix custom sounds
    Itemcost bug must be fixed,please
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    I just want Journal Quests to close out when things are complete (ex. Kagain's quest)
    Parys
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    I want all of those things and more...

Really, I have something like 14 bugs reported. It's time for Overhaul to get cracking.
    SaradasHaHaCharade
  • SaradasSaradas Member Posts: 148
    Adul said:

I want all of those things and more...

Really, I have something like 14 bugs reported. It's time for Overhaul to get cracking.

I think they are getting back to work, Christmas is over
    Adul
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    The last update was on December 14th. Is there a plan for another update anytime soon? If so, will there be any heads up on what might be included? (Not a real big deal, just wondering if i should wait for my next play through... you know... just in case something is fixed that I might really like to see in my game...) Otherwise I am thoroughly enjoying the new edition!
  • VurhorVurhor Member Posts: 1
    Neera...talk to me, girl!
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    from what I gather the 2012 build is pretty much ready, but theyre trying to sync the patches more on different platforms, so the iPad doesnt get so far behind.
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    My list of bugs that irritate me and are still unfixed is (in the order of most irritating):
    1. Sometimes need to click twice to get the character to move
    2. Changed cast spell to C but I can still only activate it with appropriate Fx(x being number)
    3. No magical clubs anywhere (at least outside BG)
    4. When gaining reputation Dorn does not comment anything although my other evil party members do
    5. Neera quest map. I clear enemies in the cave and do her quest. Then go to druid whose wife/friend got killed by those goblins and he gives me quest although I cleared whole area.
    edited January 2013
    Torin said:

My list of bugs that irritate me and are still unfixed is (in the order of most irritating):
    2. Changed cast spell to C but I can still only activate it with appropriate Fx(x being number)
    4. When gaining reputation Dorn does not comment anything although my other evil party members do
    5. Neera quest map. I clear enemies in the cave and do her quest. Then go to druid whose wife/friend got killed by those goblins and he gives me quest although I cleared whole area.

There are clubs (or at least two) anything else is true.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    edited January 2013
    ankheg said:

Torin said:

There are clubs (or at least two) anything else is true.
    My party has not got to Baldur's Gate yet and I've already these magical clubs:

+1 Club (Dryad Falls Map)
    +2 Club (Cloakwood Druids Map, also a new +2 Quarterstave, I think)

Sadly both are currently found identified and look just look ordinary clubs, also I think it's been reported that neither count as "magical" in terms of what can be hit by them, but that's a bug

Other than that I'd pretty much agree with your list plus:

6. Making the elven chain drop where it should
    7. Fixing all the touch spells and magically created weapon proficiencies (I think it's been stated that these have mostly been fixed for the next release)
    8. Characters with ranged weapons trying to enter melee
    ajwzAristillius