Skip to content

Game Update: 1.0.2011

Comments

• MeizMeiz Member Posts: 18
    No mods, except xpcap remover. Fresh install didn't help either. I just mailed beamdog support and hopefully they can figure it out.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    It's so excited when see new patch coming , but feel sad soon to wait new feature and less bugs of patch ..
  • vonVincevonVince Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2012
    There are still some issues with Journal entries not properly updating from active quests to completed when they should, but I'm not denying all the hard work that has been done by the good developers to fix various issues. What I'm wondering is this, though: can I expect bugged Journal entries to update properly when a patch that fixes them is released without reverting back to an older save BEFORE I completed the quests with bugged Journal entries?
    sunset00
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    edited December 2012
    Still no paperdoll for polymorph wildsurge. (and for the zombie ring)
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    I know you guy's will be taking a Christmas break (Or at least I hope you are, you damn well deserve it) But I do hope you can get the Elven chain-mail to drop (in the Dorn encounter) before then.

Merry Christmas!
    Oxford_Guysunset00theoricusDarkDogg
  • Michael24710Michael24710 Member Posts: 12
    Most of the new videos are good.... But I am sorry but the new intro is terrible. It is far too short and doesn't capture the mood of the original. Also I can't take it seriously with the ridiculous amount of blood and the rushed additional line.

Loving the BG revival and support. Hopefully we will see a host of new features before they work on BGEE2
    MajocaXiviriel
  • WakenbakeWakenbake Member Posts: 24
    Just loaded this up today, I am really pleased to see so many fixes. Eagerly awaiting the same for the iPad version!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    The update to the spell Animate dead causes Tiax's unique ability bug! He must summon ghast but now he summons skeleton. It's such a pity! One of Tiax's strongest features always was this personal ability. This has to be changed!
    AeschylusankhegMortiannaelminster
  • AberdashAberdash Member Posts: 42
    edited December 2012
    notking said:

It is too bad to see that itemcost bug has not been fixed ...
    Win7 64 simplified chinese edition

Create a folder like C:\Games and try installing it there. Sometimes windows restricts what programs can do when they are installed into program files or program files (x86).

I had the same problem and doing this fixed it.
  • vonVincevonVince Member Posts: 18
    Could someone who has knowledge about the game's files answer my question, please? Thank you kindly.
  • QuineloeQuineloe Member Posts: 55
    @Adul

I didn't name anyone in particular. It's a shoe, everyone is free to see if it fits.
    bengoshi said:

The update to the spell Animate dead causes Tiax's unique ability bug! He must summon ghast but now he summons skeleton. It's such a pity! One of Tiax's strongest features always was this personal ability. This has to be changed!

Write a bug report.
    Oxford_GuyAdul
  • BISHDPBISHDP Member Posts: 19
    Thank you guys so much for the fantasic support! This game has been a dream come true and it's all thanks to people like you who love the game enough to dedicate your time and energies to seeing it become a reality. Please don't let the nay-sayers get you down. You guys are doing a fantastic job. I hope you guys are taking a break for the holidays. You deserve it.
    Oxford_Guy
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    BISHDP said:

Thank you guys so much for the fantasic support! This game has been a dream come true and it's all thanks to people like you who love the game enough to dedicate your time and energies to seeing it become a reality. Please don't let the nay-sayers get you down. You guys are doing a fantastic job. I hope you guys are taking a break for the holidays. You deserve it.

They're allowed a break when the elven chain mail drops ;-)

Seriously, though, I've been hugely impressed by the level of support and frequent patches post release, keep up the good work guys (and gals?)!
    lunar
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited December 2012
    @ankheg

*Join's stupid NPC to party, equips Zombie ring, removes them from party*
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    @Quineloe Sorry, it just sounded to me like you said there are people who only watch movies once, and there are fanatics, which at the time ticked me off a bit. But I've already forgotten about it to be honest. No need for bad blood between us. :)
  • faceless1963faceless1963 Member Posts: 143
    edited December 2012
    sorry wrong forum
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited December 2012
    "in den patch-notes zum patch vom 7.12.12 steht nur unspezifiziert:

large multiplayer bugfixes

in den patch-notes vom 14.12.12 steht allerdings dezidiert:

crash fixes: fixed crash when leaving area
    fixed crash when clicking outside the map

da hier nicht angegeben steht, dass es sich nur um fixes für das single-player-spiel handelt, gehe ich davon aus, dass der fix auch den mp-modus betrifft. einfach mal patchen und ausprobieren (ps ich spiele nicht mp sonst hätte ich dir sagen können, ob es bei mir funktioniert)"

We can all understand you.

• RemorhazRemorhaz Member Posts: 26
    After this patch my multiplayer stability tanked. Especially when quick saving, my friend was often ejected from the game, to the point where it became ridiculous and we just stopped playing. It was just the two of us, and previously there were hardly any problems (once we got it to work through Hamachi). I haven't tried it since, but I hope this patch hasn't somehow severely compromised multiplayer stability... Otherwise, good work on the patches, Overhaul!
    edited December 2012
    Please somebody confirm this: the Doomsayer dies without effect. (red beam or something)
    Does anybody know about the ghost knight quest in firewine doungeon? Is there a quest entry? Will the Vampire Sword solution finish the quest?
    Post edited by ankheg on
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    ankheg said:

Does anybody know about the ghost knight quest in firewine doungeon? Is there a quest entry? Will the Vampire Sword solution finish the quest?

Its supposed to be a sneaky, semi-hidden quest
    edited December 2012
    ajwz said:

ankheg said:

Its supposed to be a sneaky, semi-hidden quest
    There was log about that in the original. Well, not about ther vampire thing, so it was like unfinished.
    edited December 2012
    The Doomsayer at the excavation site I don't remember dying with effect. The Battlehorrors outside of Durlag's died with the effect but the Doomguard up on the ledge with skeletons did not.
    ankheg
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

The Doomsayer at the excavation site I don't remember dying with effect. The Battlehorrors outside of Durlag's died with the effect but the Doomguard up on the ledge with skeletons did not.

You know your BG, sir! Kudos!

Thanks. You are right. I checked it in youtube (I don't have a save in original BG near) and there was only a minor magic missile demage-like effect.
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited December 2012
    After this last patch there are 2 things I noticed. nietzsche quote size is TOO DAMN HIGH!
    And, more importantly, the game seems to have speedup, charname walking and even the lower left clock are at an accelerated pace. (anyone noticing this? (nvidia))
    Post edited by Razor on
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Did they change the frame rate?
  • ibitatoibitato Member Posts: 64

Did they change the frame rate?

there is a parameter on your ini file that know it works
    ankheg said:

Thanks. You are right. I checked it in youtube (I don't have a save in original BG near) and there was only a minor magic missile demage-like effect.
    I was reporting the behavior I noticed in BG:EE. Apparently they have it right.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2012
    @Nathan Is it possible to make intro movie with Nitzshe quote in polish? I think all polish fans, or rather fans playing 14 years ago in non-english BG, would be more than happy to see this quotation, opening this epic game, in their own languange version.
    Post edited by Etamin on
    HaHaCharadeermo