Skip to content

Worst thing you've done to an NPC

Comments

• DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Re-petrifying Branwen after her introduction.

Never done it, but that would be some mean shit ^^
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    edited October 2013

Mmm Southern fried chicken!

I ate poor Melicamp!

He was right up there with Kentucky Fried Kobold!

• JoeyJoey Member Posts: 201
    i like to kill imoen with spells or by beating her, then reserecting her. It's how i let off steam.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Mmm Southern fried chicken!

I ate poor Melicamp!

He was right up there with Kentucky Fried Kobold!

And I thought 1% horse meat at Burger King was bad.......
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Its all meat and great to eat.
  • OYMEOYME Member Posts: 36
    Worst thing I did was just go on a killing spree in athkatla that not even the cowled wizards could stop.

"Put the pick in there Pete; and turn it round, real neat."
    I wonder if anybody can figure out what movie that line is from.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    OYME said:

Worst thing I did was just go on a killing spree in athkatla that not even the cowled wizards could stop.

"Put the pick in there Pete; and turn it round, real neat."
    I wonder if anybody can figure out what movie that line is from.
    Dune.
    We are living in the age of Google you know.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I put the Girdle of Femininity/Masculinity on Shar-Teel, dooming her to live out the remainder of her life as a male.

Also, I once made Keldorn kill his family members.
  • SamuelVargSamuelVarg Member Posts: 598

I often get Garrick in my party for the express purpose of feeding him mineral poison.

What happens if you drink it?
    Never thought about trying ...

I give it to Jaheira. Its just poison that is all. Can be cured with a cure poison potion or elixir of health.

I often get Garrick in my party for the express purpose of feeding him mineral poison.

What happens if you drink it?
    Never thought about trying ...

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I made Jaheira kill Khalid. That one never gets old.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Wilbur said:

I made Jaheira kill Khalid. That one never gets old.

Ah, this brings back the memories of when I forced Zaalbar to kill Mission in KotOR. Good times.
    Ha, indeed. Do my dirty work for me Zaalbar.
  • meagloth said:

I mademy CHARNAME a wizard slayer. He's not an npc but still, I felt really bad afterward.

As long as you made him human to dual class thief, I don't see the thing :D
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    You know those moments when you have the option to pump an NPC for information for sparing their miserable life? Especially the craven sidekicks of your foes? Davaeorn's apprentice, that guy upstairs at the Iron Throne headquarters, Winski Perorate at the end of the game, that hobgoblin in the wilderness? There's a whole slew of 'em. My chaotic neutral jester executed them because she either thought it was justice, or she thought it was funny. "But you said I could live!" "I had my fingers crossed." Good thing she did so many nice things for people or she would've been hunted by mercenaries, some of those people give reputation loss.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    I told Saerileth I loved her. Next thing I know my computer Blue Screens... I understood entirely.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Dazzu said:

I told Saerileth I loved her. Next thing I know my computer Blue Screens... I understood entirely.

Ugh, from what I hear, Saerileth deserves everything people are doing in this thread and more.
  • NarcissistNarcissist Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2013
    On the east side of Saradush, there's a little boy standing over the corpse of his father. The kid says,

""Daddy got hit by the fire and fell down. I can't wake him up, no matter what. Please help my daddy."

I refused to cast resurrection on that boys father.
  • phase_nzphase_nz Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2013
    When I encounter Drizzt and party after finishing the underdark I use circlets of enslavement from the mindflayer dungeon on Drizzt and Wulfgar force them to slay their own party then fight each other. The survivor gets the honor of dying by my hand....it's usually Drizzt so that makes it all the sweeter .
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    phase_nz said:

When I encounter Drizzt and party after finishing the underdark I use circlets of enslavement from the mindflayer dungeon on Drizzt and Wulfgar force them to slay their own party then fight each other. The survivor gets the honor of dying by my hand....it's usually Drizzt so that makes it all the sweeter .

That is pure class! I'm so tempted to reload an old savegame just to do that myself. He deserves it purely on account of his stupid name. I like to call him Drizzle Durbrain. That's the only other point - aside from his reactions to Viconia - I really want to slap Keldorn, the Drizzt fawning is so vomit inducing and it seems weirdly out of character too.

• phase_nzphase_nz Member Posts: 12
    That is pure class! I'm so tempted to reload an old savegame just to do that myself. He deserves it purely on account of his stupid name. I like to call him Drizzle Durbrain. That's the only other point - aside from his reactions to Viconia - I really want to slap Keldorn, the Drizzt fawning is so vomit inducing and it seems weirdly out of character too.

Did this with an evil party I couldn't stand to lose Keldorn or anyone else because of a philosophical disagreement. Even with a good aligned character DRIZZT MUST DIE!!!. DoGooder makes me wanna vomit!

Besides I see it as chance for personal growth for Mr Dourden being beaten like a whelp by characters half his level and when I take his scimatar's I leave a lonsword+1 on his corpse so he can find me for round 2
    with him and his crew in SOA.

I really want to slap Keldorn, the Drizzt fawning is so vomit inducing and it seems weirdly out of character too.

Keldorn, a Good character, praising another Good character whose exploits are not only many and impressive, but famous? Yes, so very out of character.

I really want to slap Keldorn, the Drizzt fawning is so vomit inducing and it seems weirdly out of character too.

Keldorn, a Good character, praising another Good character whose exploits are not only many and impressive, but famous? Yes, so very out of character.
    Fair enough, it's probably more about my general indifference to disdain for Drizzt but it really threw me out of my immersion in the game, and generally I think Keldorn's a little cooler than that particular dialogue.

Fair enough, it's probably more about my general indifference to disdain for Drizzt but it really threw me out of my immersion in the game, and generally I think Keldorn's a little cooler than that particular dialogue.
    EDIT: Back with the topic, you'd think leaving Jaheira in the Umar Hills, after she's spent all that time bitching about being in the city would be a good thing, but ooooh noooo, leaving her in the wilderness is the worst thing you can possibly do to her so she throws a hissy fit and heads right back to, you guessed it, Athkatla. *Eye Roll*

Don't get me wrong, it is nothing short of infuriating when Drizzt gets special privileges (BG1) or disproportionate praise (fanboys). Still, he's not a terrible character, just overhyped by marketing people and fans. That's neither R.E. Salvatore, nor Drizzt's fault.

Really, Drizzt is probably one of the better characterized Chaotic Goods out there. Most players pick an alignment like that so they can scoff at every figure of authority in existence and be a special little snowflake that plays by nobody's rules, whereas Drizzt has the sense to realize that leaders and governance are important, it's just not for him personally and he doesn't want either of those concepts to overstep their bounds.