Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @AstroBryGuy, I took out all the logging in the public build (preprocessor flag) due to it slowing down the indexing of resources. If you want logging, I can send you the executable I use to diagnose problems. It logs everything—and, by everything, I mean it's really slow. If you want that, I'll send you a PM a bit later.
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    Troodon80 said:

@Sgthawker, reinstalling shouldn't have any impact.

However, did you reinstall the Tweak Pack after you did the update? (just to make sure there's nothing left behind)

I would need to check the Tweak Pack in order to see what's going on. What version of the Pack are you using (or providing a link would be great, too)?

I did not do a reinstall of the [url="http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=695"] BG2 tweak pack v11.[/url] I did uninstall BG2 tweaks v11 and then uninstalled BG:EE and a fresh reinstall of BG:EE 1.2. I have not yet tried to install the BG2 tweaks v14 but did download it.

I thank you for putting your time into trying to assist me, but I caused my own problem so I decided to correct it from scratch.

I love the EEKeeper work you have done!
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    Many thanks to AstroBryGuy and Troodon80 for working on this for the Mac!

Do I have to update to 1.0.2 to use with BG2EE, or will 1.0.1 work also?
    @Qbert, you will need to update once BG2:EE has been released, but once it has been released EE Keeper will work with both games.

I will be updating with a new version once BG2:EE has been released, as per the original plan. If the version you are using suits your needs, then you may as well wait the ~9 days that are left.

@Sgthawker, it sounds like you're using a save game from before the update, and before Tweak Packs was removed. In which case, it might be as simple as reinstalling Tweak Packs. I've only just downloaded it, but haven't really had much time to actually look at it.
    @Troodon80 Actually I had started a new game, but I did use my charname from an export of the game prior to the update as opposed to creating a new character.
    @Sgthawker, after taking a quick look at the Tweak Pack, it appears that there are numerous options for NPCs. Among them is the option to make Khalid a Fighter-Mage (by Domi).

I've installed the mod and made some edits to a save game. I haven't run into any problem yet.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    I final had time to upload my savegame.
    Its just a test savegame without any mods installed. BG:EE 1.2 EE Keeeper 1.0.2

I added 4 innate abilities and set Mem +1 for all off them, but they don't show up. Any idea ? Thanks.
    edited November 2013
    @Darkersun, for that save game, the issue is caused by not increasing the actual memorisation limit via the Memorisation tab. The problem is that if the data for the Innate abilities cannot be found, then it is simply not added to the list (meaning that you cannot increase it).

The code looks at the variable for the number of memorisable slots, which in the case of your save game that is 16, which accounts for the 7 Cleric levels and 9 Wizard levels. If the game doesn't have 17 stored in the counter, then there is no Innate spell memorisation data to load. That means I need to force an Innate option to be added to the list.

I'll take a look at the code, see if I can fix it. For now, though, the only way around it would be to already have an Innate ability added by the game, then use EE Keeper to add to the list after that.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Thanks for looking into it. I will Try it with a Kit innate abilitie.
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    Editing a savegame with v1.0.1 of EEKeeper seems to cause any "spent" spells to refresh as if the characters have rested. Has this been fixed in v1.0.2?
  • GreenstoneGreenstone Member Posts: 13
    A big thank you to you for writing this tool and making it available to us. It's useful to me _ I like being able to fix those pesky rangers using big 2H weapons. :-)

Good onya mate!
    Troodon80
    @prophet1, there is actually an option for this under "Settings->Spells..." By default, this option is active. Go in into the spell settings and you should be able to deactivate it. :)
  • prophet1prophet1 Member Posts: 172
    Troodon80 said:

@prophet1, there is actually an option for this under "Settings->Spells..." By default, this option is active. Go in into the spell settings and you should be able to deactivate it. :)

Ah, awesome - thank you!
    edited November 2013
    @Troodon80 Well a new issue. Now I restarted after installing BGEE 1.2, then ran only BG2 tweaks v14 from gibberlings 3, then I edited my save game right after Gorion's death cut scene, and I was looking at Imoen's weapon proficiencies, which I didn't alter, she has a single + in short sword and a single + in You should find your father, for he wouldst speak with you (see the screenshot below) and save game attached.

Any ideas?

edited November 2013
    @Sgthawker, is that the edited save game or pre-edited?

The "You should find your father [...]" appears to be a StrRef issue, since in my un-modded game it appears as Shortbow. In a fresh game, Imoen should have a plus in Short Sword and Shortbow.

(If that is the edited save game, can you check the un-edited game and see if the text is the same?
  • RhikRhik Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2013
    Sorry for my bag english.

Bug found with both version (1.0.1 and 1.0.2) :
    unable to open black pit saved game if there is only one character in the party.

[edit] Bug appear too if there is only 3 character in the party... Seem occur if the party isn't full

Error message :
    "Unable to open that saved game.
    Error (1025): Missing CRE signature."
    Troodon80
    Rhik said:

[edit] Bug appear too if there is only 3 character in the party... Seem occur if the party isn't full

@Rhik, I'll look into as soon as possible. Thanks for letting me know.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    I get the error message "BGEE was not found at this location" even if it is the correct location, there is a backslash and I've chosen the correct language. Any ideas? /J
    @MrSexton, are you using the stand-alone launcher or the Beamdog client? Can you ensure that you are using the actual game directory and not the launcher/client directory. (Copy and paste the path here so that I can see it and perhaps diagnose the problem a little easier.)
    @Troodon80
    Beamdog client
    G:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\
    edited November 2013
    @MrSexton, can you try setting the directory path as G:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\00766\.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    @Troodon80
    Same, same.
    This is what the second box that comes up says:
    "You must reload the game resources in order for them to take effect."
    Ruscoe
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Look for directory where the chitin.key file is. That's the directory you need to specify.
    I thought I read the Beamdog client was also using a 00766 directory under the installation point (on Windows, I don't know for Mac).
    MrSexton
    edited November 2013
    Isaya said:

I thought I read the Beamdog client was also using a 00766 directory under the installation point (on Windows, I don't know for Mac).

Whoops, yeah. I listed the incorrect number.

G:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\00766\

@MrSexton, that's the one you want. Once you press OK on the settings, you just need to press the BG1EE button to reload the resources.

Edit: since you're using the client, you can just right-click the game within the client and click "Open game location." That will bring you to the location of all your games, but will select the folder for you. You need to use that location, the game directory itself, as the installation directory.
    Cactus
  • CactusCactus Member Posts: 152
    edited November 2013
    Troodon80: This worked for me! It is a different location than the 1.0.1 version is using....
    @Cactus, it shouldn't be a different location than the original. The only difference in the setup is whether you are using the Beamdog client or the standalone installer—and if you are also using a custom location to install the games from the client. :)
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    @Troodon80

Do you have a rough estimate on when v1.0.2 will be updated for BG2EE?
    jackjack
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2013
    I thought it would be compatible with BG2:EE but it isn't it seems.

And since i don't have a ready character for BG2:EE from the first, sucks to be me ;x
    JaySee84
  • iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    edited November 2013
    @Mornmagor
    @JaySee84

it is compatible guys just take a look at the screenshot.
    See the picture first then read bellow.

for me the saved folder was in the following path:
    C:\Users\"USERNAME"\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save*

dont select a save subfolder, stop at the save folder.

Post edited by iasson on
    MornmagorstargazerbTroodon80
  • MungriMungri Member Posts: 1,645
    IT doesnt work for me, the open save game / character file option and icons are grayed out and cant be clicked on after pointing EE Keeper to my BG2EE installation directory.