Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• iassoniasson Member Posts: 101
    edited November 2013
    I use ee keeper 1.0.2 and downloaded the game via beamdog client. The bg2ee folder is in the same folder as bgee. Hope you can figure it out.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Yeah i got it, i just forgot to set the folder to the save files, and not the game itself.
  • stargazerbstargazerb Member Posts: 57
    iasson said:

@Mornmagor
    @JaySee84

for me the saved folder was in the following path:
    C:\Users\"USERNAME"\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save*

dont select a save subfolder, stop at the save folder.

Thanks! This was the clue I needed. It works for me now.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Hmmm... So I have a question, how would I add a non-existent multiclass to EEKeeper? Would I need to mod it specifically?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @GemHound, you mean a multiclass that is not currently available in-game? You would need to make a mod for that. If it is modded into the game files, then EE Keeper will pick that up when reading the files.
    edited November 2013
    @Troodon80
    Okay, now another question, since Mages and Sorcerors use the same spell book, how could I set it up so that both work at the same time, yet do not mix? I'm trying to create a playthrough of myself, did a test and that's what the D&D test spit out at me.
    @GemHound, are you saying you want a Mage/Sorcerer multiclass? That's not going to work. Or am I misunderstanding the question?

You can have a character as a mage or as a sorcerer, but not both at the time. The spell book would indeed interfere.
    @troodon80, thanks I guess that playthrough is impossible then. :p
  • beingmarkhbeingmarkh Member Posts: 42
    Any idea if/when the Mac version might be made available? Please bear in mind that I'm not gifted at coding or anything and understand about 20% of the things you guys say in this thread.
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    @Troodon80
    I've set the new EEKeeper to the following but it still says it can't find any files. Any suggestions?
    C:\Documents and Settings\John\Mina dokument\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save\
    /J
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Any idea if/when the Mac version might be made available? Please bear in mind that I'm not gifted at coding or anything and understand about 20% of the things you guys say in this thread.

@beingmarkh - There's a Mac version of 1.0.2 available at this comment:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/387250/#Comment_387250

It works - mostly. There's a slight problem with the tabs. On certain tabs of the save game editor, the tab navigations vanish. You can still navigate between tabs with the arrow keys. Also, when you go back to tab where the tab navigations appear, they aren't selectable anymore (i.e., arrow key navigation is required).

I haven't had a chance to create a wrapper for 1.0.2.1 - major deadline this week.
    Right, I downloaded that one, and it works, but the BG2 save files don't appear anywhere when I click on the folder icon. Am I doing something wrong?
    edited November 2013
    MrSexton said:

I've set the new EEKeeper to the following but it still says it can't find any files. Any suggestions?

C:\Documents and Settings\John\Mina dokument\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\save\
    /J

@MrSexton,

Did you type that into the installation directory (as per my image above) or the custom save game location (as per the screenshot at the bottom of the previous page)?

If you have BG:EE and BG2:EE, then you only need to set the installation directory as shown above. Find out the location of the installation directory by looking for the chitin.key file, then copy that directory path into the appropriate text box.

In your case, it should look something like this:

BG:EE Installation Directory:
    G:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\
    Browse BG:EE...

BG2:EE Installation Directory:
    G:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783\
    Browse BG2:EE...

You do not need to set the Documents directory.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Right, I downloaded that one, and it works, but the BG2 save files don't appear anywhere when I click on the folder icon. Am I doing something wrong?

Until I can get a wrapped version of 1.0.2.1 created, have you tried @iasson's instructions for using 1.0.2 with BG2EE by setting a custom save location?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/396123/#Comment_396123
    edited November 2013
    @Troodon80
    I will return shortly...
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited November 2013
    I am having a problem with the new version of EE Keeper. It crashes when I try to set the BG2EE installation directory.

EDIT:
    Figured it out.

For some reason my Avast Anti Virus is going mental when I run this version. When i open it it has a box round it called Avast DeepScan and then after a moment or two it closes the program.

I genuinely have no idea why it's doing that or how to prevent it other than to switch off the anti virus every time I use the program.
    Got it! Many thanks for your help!
    @MrSexton,

See image above. If right click on the game itself, then click on "Open game location," it will show you were the game is installed. You will then need to open the highlighted folder, that should be where you can find the chitin.key file. Look in the address/path, for me, that's:

For you, it will probably be different. Copy the folder location to the appropriate text box in the Installation Directory settings.

Hope that helps. :)
    With the standalone launcher your programme works like a charm. Thanks for all your help. Brilliant little programme!!!
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Troodon80 said:

@iasson, @Mungri, @Mornmagor, @stargazerb, @JaySee84,

New version is available: v1.0.2.1. Links available in the first post. This comes in two flavours, a self-extracting SFX archive/installer and a plain ZIP archive.

The SFX installer installs wherever you want and then puts a shortcut on the desktop (and the Start menu, under "EE Keeper"). The ZIP archive is the same as the ones before it.

The additions for this version are that you can enter both the game directories, and chose one language, then you can swap between them from the two buttons provided.

You totally rock man!!
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    edited November 2013
    I'm pretty new to EEKeeper. Decided to try it out so I could play around with kit combinations that aren't normally possible.

I attempted to make a character a on BG1EE. An Undead Hunter. I moved her to BG2EE, saved her, exported her, copied her back to BG1EE (lazy, that's where I have EEKeeper pointing to), I set her to level 10 Undead Hunter and level 2 Cleric as a Dual Class, since I wanted to try it out. When I moved her back to BG2EE she is a level 10 Undead Hunter with 2 levels to level up in, but not as a Cleric since she isn't Dual Classed as a Cleric. I thought that was part of the point of EEKeeper was to allow you to create these unusual and unsupported combinations. Admittedly, I am doing this more for RP purposes than just screwing around. I find the 2E restrictions to be difficult for some of my characters, so I'm trying to use EEKeeper to make some of them fit better into the game. This is just one such example.

Anyone know if this is a BG2EE issue with EEKeeper perhaps or am I really just doing it wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/ehMO0Fp.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Gyc16OW.png

Thanks in advance!
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Varwulf said:

I'm pretty new to EEKeeper. Decided to try it out so I could play around with kit combinations that aren't normally possible.

I attempted to make a character a on BG1EE. An Undead Hunter. I moved her to BG2EE, saved her, exported her, copied her back to BG1EE (lazy, that's where I have EEKeeper pointing to), I set her to level 10 Undead Hunter and level 2 Cleric as a Dual Class, since I wanted to try it out. When I moved her back to BG2EE she is a level 10 Undead Hunter with 2 levels to level up in, but not as a Cleric since she isn't Dual Classed as a Cleric. I thought that was part of the point of EEKeeper was to allow you to create these unusual and unsupported combinations. Admittedly, I am doing this more for RP purposes than just screwing around. I find the 2E restrictions to be difficult for some of my characters, so I'm trying to use EEKeeper to make some of them fit better into the game. This is just one such example.

Anyone know if this is a BG2EE issue with EEKeeper perhaps or am I really just doing it wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/ehMO0Fp.png
    http://i.imgur.com/Gyc16OW.png

Thanks in advance!

I believe it's related to the class bug, where dual/multiclass characters are shown as '"fighter/mage" level 1 // "fighter/mage" level 1' instead of Fighter 1 / Mage 1. Certainly I'm unable to get my Swashbuckler/Mage to work, despite merrily going through all of BG 1 with him, and that was a straight import, EEKeeper didn't get involved (at least until I started, unsuccessfully, trying to fix it).

On the other hand, Thief/Wild Mage works fine, consistency?

tl;dr: Not EEKeeper, BG II issue with kitted multiclassing.
    @Varwulf, almost what @Pantalion said (see below for more in-depth): Not EEKeeper, BG II issue with kitted multiclassing.

@Pantalion, the issue with dual classing characters becoming multiclass has already been fixed. The issue here is that a Paladin cannot be dual-classed or multi-classed with anything. I should probably put in a check to make sure it's a valid dual class combination before allowing people to enable the dual-classing option, but there might be modders who want to take advantage of the new kits and potential dual-/multi-classing options via mods. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I thought I saw it mentioned in the update notes.

What happens is the game, and EE Keeper, looks at the game table and reads "PALADIN". That's the class. For example: When the table reads "FIGHTER_MAGE", it means there can be a potential dual class or multiclass because there is more than one class available; either of the two classes can be set as the 'original' class. That's not actually how it works, but it's the easiest and least confusing way I can explain it.

What you can do, however, is use EE Keeper to gain dual/multi-class kits that would otherwise be impossible. You can have a dual class gnome necromancer, with the inactive class being a cleric.

Unfortunately, without the tables matching so as to provide level-up information, they appear to the game as being standard classes. In the example above, the title will still appear as "Cleric/Illusionist".
  • killingmachinekillingmachine Member Posts: 6
    This works like a DREAM on BG2:EE. Thank you very much! :D
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    One thing I recently noticed is that when editing CRE files, the EE Keeper only looks in /00766/override/ and not at the override folder in Documents.
    I think it would be practical if, if possible, the program looked at both folders. I for one always use the Documents folder to override files and never the install directory.
    @Fafnir, I was not aware that there was an override folder in Documents. Are you using the /portraits/ folder trick, or is there a genuine /override/ folder in Documents? Please confirm.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Troodon80 According to that message from december 2012, there is no such thing. But that was with the first releases of BGEE.
    I can confirm that GAME\Lang\XYZ\Movies actually takes precedence over GAME\Movies with BGEE V1.2, contrary to what the message states. I don't know what else is changed.

In my experience, USER\override didn't work in game. I had to copy portraits for Imoen and Neera from PaintBG into GAME\portraits in order to override them in game, both USER\portraits and USER\override didn't work.
  • FlauschigFlauschig Member Posts: 84
    Thanks! Without it i would rage quit out of Baldur's Gate seeing how the game design of Hexxat is broken on purpose.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    @Troodon80
    I see that in EE Keeper you can hunt for your own values and what not, is there any way to change or reconfigure the files so that Paladin can be a viable multi/dual class option? That was one of the things that always bugged me about the 2E games was the ridiculous class restrictions :)