Skip to content

EE Keeper, Updated to v1.0.4

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @belgarathmth, see the image on the first page.

This is from the updated version (1.0.2 available from on the first page). Note the drop-down next to 'Language'. This needs to be set to your language (typically 'en_US').
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Troodon80, that fixed it. Thank you!
    And I just realised that there's a typo in the description box.

Anyway, glad that it's sorted out for you, @belgarathmth.
  • ManBearPigManBearPig Member Posts: 34
    I'm unsure exactly what the problem is with my save file. When I try to open my save I get the error "The parameter is incorrect" and the protagonist won't display. The other NPC's do just fine. No problems with the same save in version 1.0.1. In game the save plays fine (as far as I can tell). Any ideas?
    @ManBearPig,

Noted and fixed.

It was caused by the new journal reader (I'm still polishing that). It was a string length issue.

I've done something really sneaky and updated again, just to get that fixed (as well as the typo mentioned above and some other stuff), so go and re-download it.

And thank you for reporting. :)
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2013
    @belgarathmth
    It works on my game. But i think you have to define again the folder of the game, so EEKeeper can know where to look.
    Also, i use the newest version of Keeper (1.0.2).
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited November 2013
    Maybe ist just me but since the new patch for BG:EE + EE Keeper 1.0.2 innate abilitys do not show up ingame if I assige them with EE Keeper ?
    Did something change that I overlooked ?
    (Sleeping does not help and I set Mem +, so I should be able to use it)
    @Darkersun, no problems here. To make it easier to diagnose, rather than ask you a bunch of questions, can you upload your save game (before and after, assuming you made modifications)?
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Pretty please with sugar on top, could someone please answer this plainly:

For eekeeper to see them, where do I need to *copy* my "save" folder?
    (I don't mind moving files back and forth between folders.)

[Using BGEE on Mac OS 10.7.5; got eekeeper from thread; found my BGEE folder with saves; found BGEE resources folder (different location); EEkeeper loads (e.g. I can view items) but I cannot see my saves]

(Thread above is too complicated/contradictory. Please tell me where to copy my "save"s for EEkeeper to read without a wall-of-text involving symlinks, if possible. Many thanks!)
    @Ygramul, the first question is: are you using the latest version (1.0.2), or the previous version?

The latest version of EE Keeper can use a custom location, provided Mac can use that feature.

If you have managed to select the installation directory and are able to get the resources loaded, then you should be able to use the custom location (textbox and checkbox) in much the same way.

If you are using the old version, then you will likely have to continue using symlinks as it only wants to use *:\Users\*\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\[\save\ or \mpsave\] or the alternative for each of the Windows versions.
    Troodon80 said:

@Ygramul, the first question is: are you using the latest version (1.0.2), or the previous version?

Ooops, maybe not. I fetched the Keeper from one of the early posts in the thread (a DropBox link) which I don't think has these thingies.

Could you point me to where I can get the latest?

Thanks
    @Ygramul, I assume you are using the one that @Nifft made using Wineskin. If that is the case, then you will most likely have to wrap the new version yourself (I haven't seen Nifft online in some time).

You can find 1.0.2 here. Note that it is only for windows. Mac requires that you use Wineskin (which is why the DropBox version is over 100MB, in comparison to only 3.5MB). It might just be as simple as downloading the new version and copying the Windows executable into the Wineskin versions' directory (I would not advise trying it without confirmation). If you feel brave enough to tempt it, then you will most assuredly have to rename the new executable since I called it "EEKeeper_BGEE." You would need to remove the "_BGEE" suffix.
    *brainexplode*

Argh! Hulk head hurd.

(Could someone by any chance wineskin the newest version for Mac users (mine is 10.7.5)? Last time I tried such a feat I was flabbergasted by the many strange parameters -- it's black magic.)

Thank you so very much if you would be so kind!
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited November 2013
    @Troodon80 thanks I will upload the save later today (europe time here).

(right now at work)

Edit: Had no time yesterday, will try today.
    Post edited by Darkersun on
  • SgthawkerSgthawker Member Posts: 31
    @Troodon80 Hello, I have the new game version 1.2 and the new EEKeeper 1.0.2. After getting Khalid and Jaheira at the Friendly Arms I went outside to start Joia's quest and saved. I then used EEKeeper to adjust Jaheira to a strait druid, and some proficiencies I prefer etc. and saved the edited game. After loading the game and getting to my first hobgoblin fight I tried to use my Cavalier to defend an area and I see he has thieving abilities...? How did that happen? I look and he is a thief, but has his gear in red in proper places as the cavalier.
    @Sgthawker, everything works fine on my end. Are you sure you didn't accidentally change the Cavalier to Thief?

Can you replicate the issue?
    @Troodon80 Apparently yes, I tried again and Jaheira was a Fighter instead of a Druid. So I went in again and changed her from a Fighter to a Druid, and Khalid is now a Fighter/Mage/Cleric. Weird stuff.
    @Sgthawker, can you upload your save game?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Ygramul said:

(Could someone by any chance wineskin the newest version for Mac users (mine is 10.7.5)? Last time I tried such a feat I was flabbergasted by the many strange parameters -- it's black magic.)

Took the Wineskin @Nifft created for EE Keeper 1.0.0 and replaced the files with those for EE Keeper 1.0.2.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80058200/EEKeep102.zip

It works - mostly. There's a slight problem with the tabs. On certain tabs of the save game editor, the tab navigations vanish (see below). You can still navigate between tabs with the arrow keys. Also, when you go back to tab where the tab navigations appear, they aren't selectable anymore.

Next step is to try a new wrapper. If that works better, I'll post it.

@Troodon80 - Does EE Keeper still use MFC? If so, what version? I might try adding native dlls through winetricks if I knew which version to put in. Thanks!
    edited November 2013
    @Ygramul, can you give the version that @AstroBryGuy just linked?

@AstroBryGuy, can't remember which version it is, actually. The version changed with VS2012 Update 3, but I can't remember if I got that update or if I only got Update 2. So it's either 11.0.51106.1 or 11.0.60610.1.

And thank you. Could I rely on you as the 'Mac guy'? I've got other updates in the works that will be out at around the same time as BG2:EE, and I would like to get them tested on Mac to ensure at least some compatibility.

Edit: The tabs haven't vanished, you can just see the edge of what should be the arrows in the top right corner of the window. The problem there is a painting of the list, it appears that the code for the re/sizing of the window doesn't play well with Mac. That's why the Min/Max buttons are quite high from the bottom of the current tab view. I'll see what I can do about that, but no promises. :)
    @Sgthawker, attached is a save game I did as an example very quickly.

Cavalier as the main character, just started the "Joia's Flamedance Ring" quest. Jaheira was edited into a Druid and no other changes were made. You can download my save game and take a look.

I have also tried editing proficiencies for all characters and saving it as a different game, everything appears to be fine here.

If you can let me know exactly what changes were made, as well as attaching a save in the same way I have (archive the save game and use the "Attach a file" link just below the comment box), I should be able to diagnose what the problem is.
    Troodon80 said:

@Sgthawker, can you upload your save game?

Sure, here it is. Although I am not sure I remember each change, let's see:

Khalid's inventory of healing potions qty changed from 1 to 10.
    Jaheira changed to druid.
    Some various ability scores changed higher.
    Jaheira's armor changed to +1 leather.
    Imoen's shortbow changed to +1.
    Jaheira's proficiencies changed from club 2, staff 1, and sling 1 to scimitar 2 & sling 2.
    That's all I can think of.
    edited November 2013
    @Troodon80 I noticed you have Khalid as just a fighter with armor & sword. Is that your default? He was a fighter/mage by default in my game, with a bow and no armor.
    edited November 2013
    @Sgthawker, can you upload the original, unedited, save game?

Edit: Yes, Khalid is—by default—a Fighter. It appears you also have a mod installed, as there is an item that EE Keeper is saying can't be found: C!BAG02 (Tweak Pack, I think). Do you have a list of mods you currently have installed?
    edited November 2013
    @Troodon80 BG2 tweak pack from G3 is the only mod.

Would that be altered by doing a reinstall from the beamdog client when the v1.2 patch was installed? My computer went into standby during the download & update, so I did a reinstall again.
    Fantastic! Thank you @Troodon80 and @AstroBryGuy -- this worked.

Be advised:

The default game paths don't work, so some browsing is necessary (also the thing with "/" vs "\" in Macs)
    Also, my game path seems to be:
    /Users/name/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

But if an idiot like me can get it to work, it means it's working just fine. :)

(Oh, and the tab window problem that was mentioned it also present: I navigated with arrow keys instead)

As a test I made "Abdel" into a Fighter/Invoker multiclass.

Many thanks!
    edited November 2013
    Troodon80 said:

@Ygramul, can you give the version that @AstroBryGuy just linked?

@AstroBryGuy, can't remember which version it is, actually. The version changed with VS2012 Update 3, but I can't remember if I got that update or if I only got Update 2. So it's either 11.0.51106.1 or 11.0.60610.1.

And thank you. Could I rely on you as the 'Mac guy'? I've got other updates in the works that will be out at around the same time as BG2:EE, and I would like to get them tested on Mac to ensure at least some compatibility.

Edit: The tabs haven't vanished, you can just see the edge of what should be the arrows in the top right corner of the window. The problem there is a painting of the list, it appears that the code for the re/sizing of the window doesn't play well with Mac. That's why the Min/Max buttons are quite high from the bottom of the current tab view. I'll see what I can do about that, but no promises. :)

@Troodon80 - I can be the 'Mac guy'. Happy to help! :-)

You're right - I didn't notice the edge of the window at first. Maybe the native comctl32.dll would help it behave correctly in Wine... I'll try that next.

Edit: That didn't help... Funky behavior. :-P

A note for other OSX users: don't upgrade the Wine engine version. I'm seeing issues with Wine versions above 1.5 fully indexing the override directory. Stick with 1.5.23 (the engine version in the download above).

Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    @AstroBryGuy, quick question about the override directory. When you update the Wine engine, does EE Keeper index anything in the override, or does it just index some of the files present?
    @Sgthawker, reinstalling shouldn't have any impact.

However, did you reinstall the Tweak Pack after you did the update? (just to make sure there's nothing left behind)

I would need to check the Tweak Pack in order to see what's going on. What version of the Pack are you using (or providing a link would be great, too)?
    edited November 2013
    Troodon80 said:

@AstroBryGuy, quick question about the override directory. When you update the Wine engine, does EE Keeper index anything in the override, or does it just index some of the files present?

@Troodon80 - It indexes some of the files in the override directory, but not all of them with an updated Wine engine. I haven't done any real testing yet, but with Wine 1.5.23, the browsers show 1733 items, 1463 spells, and 2319 creatures. If I upgrade the engine to 1.7.5, the counts drop to 1467 items, 1113 spells, and 2169 creatures. I need to start with a plain install, install mods one-by-one, and see if its a particular mod that is causing the indexing to stop early. Are there any debug command line flags for EE Keeper that I can use to make it generate logs?