Skip to content

Please Report BG:EE Game Text Errors Here

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

Spells
    Chill Touch (level 1)
    Change "Nonliving" to "Non-living"

"Nonliving" is acceptable.

Undead Hunter
    This holy avenger has honed her abilities toward the destruction of the undead and other unnatural creatures and is immune to many of their most devastating abilities.
    This holy avenger has honed her abilities toward the destruction of the undead, and other unnatural creatures and is immune to many of their most devastating abilities.

The lack of a comma there is correct.

Undead Hunter
    Immune to hold and level drain
    Immune to Hold and Level Drain {If capitals are needed.}

Status effects should not be capitalized.

Paladin
    for the ideals of righteousness, justice, honesty, piety, and chivalry and strives to be
    for the ideals of righteousness, justice, honesty, piety, and chivalry, and strives to be

This is fine.

Dragon Disciple
    Dragon Disciples are powerful Sorcerers with dragons' blood somewhere in their lineage.
    Dragon Disciples are powerful Sorcerers with dragon's blood somewhere in their lineage.

If it's always the blood of more than 1 dragon, the first version is correct.
    If it only needs to be the blood of 1 dragon, the second version is correct.

Plural is correct.

The others have been fixed. Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Some potential typos:

AJANTI.DLG:

I am Ajantis, squire paladin of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, servant to Helm, son of the noble family of Ilvastarr.
    (StrRef: 422)
    I am on a quest to earn my right to be a full-fledged member of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart.
    (StrRef: 427)

Order of the Most Radiant Heart -> Order of the Radiant Heart

ALDETH.DLG:

Aldeth Sashenstar was so grateful that I fended off the druids that he invited me to visit him at his house in Baldur's Gate.
    (StrRef: 26821)

druids that -> druids, that

ANDRIS.DLG:

If you would kindly strip of your belongings I would be ever so grateful.
    (StrRef: 23731)

of -> off

BLUSHC.DLG:

Will you give me some Alms, Alms for the poor, diseased, wounded and starvin'.
    (StrRef: 2112)

Alms, Alms -> alms, alms

BMONTA.DLG:

My purpose is greater that you can imagine!
    (StrRef: 14581)

that -> than

BPBELLOW.DLG:

Maybe it's time you leant me a hand, then.
    (StrRef: 29297)

leant -> lent

BRATHL.DLG:

That crude device what roughs out a coastline?
    (StrRef: 2542)

what -> that

Forgive me, by I cannot dally about any longer.
    (StrRef: 2553)

by -> but
    hook71 said:

AJANTI.DLG:

I am Ajantis, squire paladin of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, servant to Helm, son of the noble family of Ilvastarr.
    (StrRef: 422)
    I am on a quest to earn my right to be a full-fledged member of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart.
    (StrRef: 427)

Order of the Most Radiant Heart -> Order of the Radiant Heart

Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart
    hook71 said:

ALDETH.DLG:

Aldeth Sashenstar was so grateful that I fended off the druids that he invited me to visit him at his house in Baldur's Gate.
    (StrRef: 26821)

druids that -> druids, that

This is fine.

Thanks, @hook71!
  • psyactpsyact Member Posts: 81
    The capitalization of Alms always annoyed me when I played this as a kid. I'm glad that's finally getting fixed. :)
  • ProodleProodle Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Here are a couple of potential errors that I spotted:

Shoal the Nereid: Please to help me, will you? I am alone on this desolate dry-land and who knows what lurks in these woods.

Please to help me, will you? -> Please help me, will you?

There's also an error in Edwin's dialogue after accepting his request to kill Dynaheir.

Edwin: Of course you will, it is as expected. (I will lead them to her and she cannot hope to prevail.) I will travel with you until the deed be done. I last heard of her, she was travelling to the west of Nashkel, close to the gnoll stronghold located there.

I last heard of her, -> Last I heard of her,

Hope this helps. :)
    It did. Thanks, @Proodle!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited June 2013
    This warehouse guy refers to Groppel Hind as a "wiseacre fool". I'm pretty sure he was meant to say "wisearse fool".

Also, in regards to Shoal the Nereid saying "please to help me", I think she was meant to say that since that is what her voiced line is.
    edited June 2013
    "wiseacre" is an actual word. Means "wise guy," basically.
  • mzorichmzorich Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if this qualifies as a "game text error", but in the spell description for the level 1 priest spell Bless it states that it raises attack rolls of friendly creatures by +1, but it doesn't say anything about damage rolls, which it also seems to raise by +1 (I don't remember Bless always increasing damage but I just tested it and it seems to do so). If I'm not missing something, it might be good to specify the +1 to damage too just for the sake of completeness.
    Post edited by mzorich on
    @mzorich Thanks, the description will be corrected. As it turns out, Bless gives a bonus to damage, but not Saving Throws against fear effects.
  • mzorichmzorich Member Posts: 34
    Jalily said:

@mzorich Thanks, the description will be corrected. As it turns out, Bless gives a bonus to damage, but not Saving Throws against fear effects.

No problem!... I had a hard time verifying if Bless was actually giving the bonus to fear saving throws, so thanks for letting me know
  • Garrick biography is empty.
    @siril_dana Garrick's biography shows up for me. What platform/language on you playing on?
  • Steam, english.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    The quest "Laerta and Louise" can be completed by killing either Gervisse or Voltine but in both cases you get the same journal entry - "The "bogeyman" Gervisse won't bother those girls anymore."
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Unfortunately I didn't keep a note of each occurrence, but I've seen multiple strings with "stanger" for "stranger". I think one instance has already been reported in this thread, but maybe a global search of the textbase for " stanger" would find the others.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756

Unfortunately I didn't keep a note of each occurrence, but I've seen multiple strings with "stanger" for "stranger". I think one instance has already been reported in this thread, but maybe a global search of the textbase for " stanger" would find the others.

I don't know if these typos have been fixed in the beta version, but in v1.0.2014 I that's what I've got:

StringRef = 747
    Stiff a hardworking girl out of her meager wage, will you? Don't look favorably upon that, they don't, and I'm well liked 'round here. Maybe you trip and "fall" a few times when you meet a stanger in an alley. What say you rethink your position?

StringRef = 9834
    I'm just a stanger that's needs some directions. Relax.

StringRef = 17493
    I am not so stupid as to listen to stangers in the middle of nowhere, no matter how infirm they appear to be! Off with you!
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    All fixed :)
    Thanks, @Balquo!
    When you meet Scar for the first time, he asks "Are you the group that was involved in the fiasco at the Nashkel mines?"

That doesn't make much sense: a "fiasco" means a miserable failure, whereas your party's actions were a great success. Saying "trouble" would be better than "fiasco". Or better still, change "was involved in the fiasco" to "solved the mysterious problems".

Note: so far as I recall, the same semantic howler was in original BG1, but was never fixed.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790

Magreb: Thank you, cleric/mage. Rilsa and I have watched over this area for years. Now that she is at peace, I will continue our work.

I noticed when I did this part as a Dwarven Defender, the class popped up in capital letters, which looked rather silly. Don't know if this is the case all through for this class. Might be worth taking a look at.

This is what it looked like:
    Magreb: Thank you, DWARVEN DEFENDER. Rilsa and I have watched over this area for years. Now that she is at peace, I will continue our work.
  • EttercowEttercow Member Posts: 13
    This isn't a big deal at all, but I noticed that in the record screen there is inconsistent capitalization: "Two-handed Sword" and "Two-Handed Weapon Style".
  • TalarashaTalarasha Member Posts: 62
    During dual-classing process, the description of new druid class says, that they can use Daggers (small swords), clubs and staves (blunt weapon), Slings and Darts (missile weapons) and Spear (Spears). There no such thing as "small swords" category I believe (even if it exists as a weapon restrictiary category, but in this case its confuses because short swords also small swords and they are not an option); more important, there is no words about scimitars, altough they are legal druid weapon.
  • KhoryaceKhoryace Member Posts: 79
    I found a typo in the Dragon Disciple kit description it is Written Hit Dice instead of Hit Die like others. Or is it all the other kits that are wrong by being Hit Die?
  • CatnoseCatnose Member Posts: 16
    When creating a character, selecting Race as a Human you can see the description, part of it says:

"The only special ability that humans possess is that they may advance as any class. Humans are also the only class that can dual-class."

The second sentence contradicts the first: if only humans can dual-class, that is certainly a special ability! And a significant one.

Also, since humans have special traits in regards to some skills, the first sentence is really obsolete, from the time humans didn't have those in the AD&D realm.
  • CatnoseCatnose Member Posts: 16
    When creating a new character, one of the help texts is:

"If you wish to import a pre-made character, then use the Import Character option to load in a pre-made Fighter, Cleric, Thief or Mage."

First of all, the button (called option in the text) is just "Import", not "Import Character". Also, the game comes with many other characters than just those which are described above in the text. They probably stem from the original game, in which only those were available.

You could just change the text to "If you wish to import a pre-made character, then use the Import button to load one in." Or my own suggestion: "If you wish to import a pre-made character, then use the Import button, which allows you to select one of the different characters which have already been created for you."

Or something. Decide for yourself which is the best :).