Skip to content

Please Report BG:EE Game Text Errors Here

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Franpa said:

LuxuryDJ said:

On tutorial, Imoen says use 'Hint' button on the bottom left of the screen to see objects to interact, while the button is on the bottom right. Plz fix.

If it's original dialog then they likely can't touch the dialog due to legal/contractual reasons, which makes it awkward when they refer to the UI which has since been updated significantly rendering their dialog out of date/inaccurate.

I don't think they can modify the dialog at all for the original characters either, but they can likely re-organize the existing pieces of dialog to occur at different times/fix bugs related to when dialog triggers.
    They can oviously fix errors, but the Hint buttom was added on the EE and it's on the left...
  • powurzpowurz Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2014
    Delete this post, I put it in the wrong section and it won't let me remove it completely from what I can tell.
    Post edited by powurz on
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    CrevsDaak said:

Franpa said:

LuxuryDJ said:

On tutorial, Imoen says use 'Hint' button on the bottom left of the screen to see objects to interact, while the button is on the bottom right. Plz fix.

If it's original dialog then they likely can't touch the dialog due to legal/contractual reasons, which makes it awkward when they refer to the UI which has since been updated significantly rendering their dialog out of date/inaccurate.

I don't think they can modify the dialog at all for the original characters either, but they can likely re-organize the existing pieces of dialog to occur at different times/fix bugs related to when dialog triggers.
    They can oviously fix errors, but the Hint buttom was added on the EE and it's on the left...
    Which is probably a more ergonomic location. If they can't change the dialog, the dialog references the GUI and Beamdog want to update the GUI then there isn't much Beamdog can do to properly resolve the issue without compromising their new GUI design (Moving the referenced element to where it is said to be) to conform to some 1990's dialog that they aren't allowed to modify.
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    As reported in the Game Text Error thread for BGII:EE, the description of the Haste spell is missing the information that Haste increases the level of fatigue. This is equally true in BG:EE, so I'm reporting this here as well. In BG:EE, two strings are affected: #12193 and #25687. Also, there was a slight change in wording going from BG:EE to BGII:EE (ally -> allied) which should be backported. Thus, the description for BG:EE needs to be modified this way:

When this spell is cast, all creatures affected function at double their normal movement rate, gain a -2 initiative bonus, and receive an extra attack per round. Thus, a creature moving at 6 and attacking once per round would move at 12 and attack twice per round. At the instant the spell is completed, it affects all allied creatures in a 30-ft. radius centered on a point selected by the caster (thus, creatures leaving the area are still subject to the spell's effect; those entering the area after the casting is completed are not). Note that affected creatures expend as much energy during this spell as they would normally in a whole day, significantly raising their fatigue level. This spell is not cumulative with itself or with other similar magic. Spellcasting and spell effects are not affected. Note that this spell negates the effects of a Slow spell.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The sleep spell says it works against enemies that are 3HD or lower. Technically it works on 4HD enemies as well (like Dire Wolves and Blacktalon elites)
  • dolphinrcjdolphinrcj Member Posts: 1
    Spirit Warrior challenge in Watcher's Keep has this text error: "you can use the spirit anel on the altar"
    Typo.jpg 205.2K
    CrevsDaak
    That also reads awkwardly in general, imo it seems like it might need some additional grammar as well.
    CrevsDaak
    Franpa said:

That also reads awkwardly in general, imo it seems like it might need some additional grammar as well.

Yeah, completely agreed, the thing is that this is the BG1:EE text errors thread.
    elminster
    edited April 2014
    I'm not able to check at the moment and it may have been fixed in the beta (I'm assuming not based on searching internally) but the description for the brown bear and black bear are incorrect.

First of all when you right-click the black bear ability the ability describes itself as being Shapechange: Brown Bear. Secondly, the weapon damage reported for it is wrong. Black Bears do 1d4 damage, not 1d8 (at least the shapechange form does - enemy bears are a different story).

Thirdly, Brown bears actually do 1d6 piercing damage though the description says it does 1d8 damage.
    CrevsDaak

Spirit Warrior challenge in Watcher's Keep has this text error: "you can use the spirit anel on the altar"

For future reference there is a BG2EE text errors thread here.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25217/report-bg2-game-text-errors-here/p1
    edited October 2014
    Edit: This correction was implemented in v1.3.2053.

Seeking Sword does have a +4 THAC0 bonus

The description for the Seeking Sword (Priest of Helm kit ability, spcl731.spl) currently states the following:

The sword is considered a +4 weapon for purposes of determining what it can hit (but this bonus does not apply to attack or damage rolls), and it deals out 2d4 damage to any target it hits.

However, while the sword (sw1hseek.itm) indeed does 2d4 points of damage without any additional damage bonus, it does have a +4 bonus to hit, which is appropriate, given its name. The +4 THAC0 bonus has also been there in BG2, and in BG2, the description correctly states that there is merely no bonus to damage. I do not know why the description was changed for EE. In any case it should be changed back to match the properties of the Seeking Sword:

The sword is considered a +4 weapon for purposes of determining what it can hit (but this bonus does not apply to damage), and it deals out 2d4 damage to any target it hits.

The affected strings in BG:EE are: @24308, @25379, @32249.
    Post edited by Hurricane on
    elminster
  • JoeyPhantomJoeyPhantom Member Posts: 10
    I do not know what to search for my error.
    I have this picture of it.
    Please Help me :(.
    http://imgur.com/MRIadLm
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @JoeyPhantom‌ That is not a text error, that is a bug. It looks like you are using a Windows so try to update your graphics card drivers. If that doesn't work, then create a new thread in this section and give information about your OS and graphics card and we will see what we can do.
    CrevsDaakelminster
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Danacm
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Sergio said:

I was reading the sorcerer's sheet and I saw that it is written:

hit die
    instead of hit dice

Is that an error?

@Sergio, not necessarily. Die is singular (in Italian "dado") and dice is plural (in Italian "dadi"), so it depends on the context.
    [Deleted User]
    Erg
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    StrRef: 10820.
    I see that you have no use for beating around the bush. Well, so be it. I cast aside my master woodsman facade. You have interrupted my little wyvern-training session and likely set my schedule back by days. I have worked long and hard to gain their trust, but if I they are to be ready for duty at the mine I shall have to placate these beasts with meat! Fight, for you shall die if you lose!
    @Jalily, "but if I they are to be ready". I don't think the 'I' is supposed to be there.
    CrevsDaak
  • DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    When you charm the reader in the clinic in candlekeep he says: You now... instead of You know,
    TressetDanacm
  • DurandDurand Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    Three reports:

1) If you get the Madness Most Fowl quest from Kissiq after completing Restoring Melicamp, you're stuck with the quest in your journal.

2) Some of the miners still give you journal entries for the Nashkel Mines after the quest is over

3) After finding Captain Brage, the dialogue for the Amnian soldiers in the Nashkel Barracks all include answers that say "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS"
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    @Durand
    You should make a new post and not just respond to this one, if you want to be sure that these are noted
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262

Beggi'g should be beggin'.
    elminster
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Crikey! A Typo!

How has that been missed...

This is the beta 1.3
    [Deleted User]elminster
    @Tresset‌ / @Troodon80‌ / @Gate70‌ this thread should be stickied in the BGEE 1.3 bugs section (because now it's not).
    Gate70
    edited September 2014
    I figured as much, couldn't even find the thread before because it was the oldest/least bumped thread.
    CrevsDaak
    @Jalily This is a rather old thread now and some of the reports (such as mine) have been addressed by the latest patch, so the information is outdated. For the sake of clarity, how about you close this one and open up a new thread for us where we can report any errors remaining in v1.3?
    (This would also be in line with the new policy of "A new patch clears out the bugs forum", as described by Dee.)
    Sertorius
  • adam777adam777 Member Posts: 14
    Hi, just a quick one - seeing a lot of "gir" (girl, I suppose) over Baldur's Gate.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited October 2014
    Ignore
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    edited November 2014
    Nevermind ... *facepalm*
    Post edited by Cluas on
  • outspacedoutspaced Member Posts: 6
    Spotted these using the latest 1.3 patch of BG:EE.

Ogre Droth (DROTH.DLG) StrRef 2003: "'Tis true that I posses her shawl"

posses -> possess

Poe (POE.DLG) StrRef 8644: "and footing lost on virtues track"

virtues -> virtue's
    hook71[Deleted User]
    elminsterCrevsDaak