Skip to content

Unrealistic Fantasy Art

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Troodon80 Great minds think alike? I did an unrealistic armor image search and that one popped up. I thought it just as ridiculous as a lot of stuff and either hadn't seen that one, or forgot about having seen it. On a related note, how do you make the image show up smaller? I only know how to link to the original, which retains dimensions.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I have another contestant for the "worst armor ever" for you.

imageby http://nadrojwobrek.deviantart.com
    "Can you imagine how much wearing this hurts?"
  • Mrpenfold666Mrpenfold666 Member Posts: 428
    can you imagine how cold she must be?, i dont even step out of my house in the summer without 2 layers on (granted i live in Britain)
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Mrpenfold666, what are you, a frost giant? Needs more layers.
    ....maybe
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Forget about the cold, how about those sharp spikes clawing into her breasts? *cringes* Mine hurt just looking at her!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I was looking at the deviantart gallery of the last artist.
    (Jordan Kerbow http://nadrojwobrek.deviantart.com/gallery/)
    I know 2 things now
    1) his art is pretty, sexy and dashing
    2) ...and absolutely unrealistic and practically a gold mine of pictures and sassy comments.

"Bikini armor is the best armor"
    "Preach it sister."
    "I attack from the distance. I don't need armor, when I have my Butt+1"
    "I actually quite like this one. Aaaaaalmost realistic, just for the boob window, but still looks pretty."
    "I am absolutely perfectly protected...from attacks going on my left shoulder."
    "This one is my favourite. It's called 'Lost' and I would add '...and freezing!' "
    "You wanna know how this stays on?"
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Ugh, that last armor… it looks like that was designed by John Paul Gautier. Remember Madonna's "Cone shaped bustier"? Like that.
    image by g-manbg Stupid and cray armor
    image by CPUCore Another stupid armor
    image by ChihiroVI In the Mountains, in the snow… half naked. How about "NOPE!"?
    image by Virtus2Dios This could have been a kickass pic without the armor gaps
    image by unrealsmoker Why the HE-hockeysticks is she wearing a bikini top and a half skirt as armor?
    image by Yamajoyce That armor is based on… a lotus? And covers almost NOTHING.
    image by AniaMitura 2 seconds away from a wardrobe malfunction….
    image by Shafiqur My that outfit looks… cold.
    image by StefanoMarinetti That looks impossibly uncomfortable to fight in, not to mention suffering significant coverage gaps. Because nothing says, "I got this armor on the cheap!" like completely mismatching EVERYTHING
    image by Venus-Vanguard Impractical Front…
    image by Venus-Vanguard AND back!
    image by Kervala and OSK-Studio How… does that even stay on? Sovereign Glue?
    image by AnthonyFoti I… am stunned speechless. Pasties aren't armor!
    image by marianomanowar Guys… you aren't even trying, are you?
    image by Kervala and OSK-Studio All dress… no undies!
    image by Kervala and OSK-Studios I… ay ay ay ai ai!
    image by Kervala and OSK-Studio Fur Armor, it says… yeah, there is no such thing, and here, we can see WHY.
    image by Carlfolmerart An embarrassing coverage gap
    image by Staino Another Barbarian who thinks her chest, shoulders and knees are the only things that really need protection…
    LadyRhian said:

by Kervala and OSK-Studio How… does that even stay on? Sovereign Glue?

Part of me appreciates that he included pubic hair on his picture (as most artists seem to believe women are a hairless enigma down below), yet a larger part of me feels offended that he drew her armor so low that he even needed to include said hair.
    remember what i said earlier if you question how something stays on just remember the adhesive properties of frozen nipples *nod nod* everyone has them in the cold according to some of the armors on here
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    I remember a long while back in a topic I made how today's fantasy art looks too much like anime and cartoons violated eachother to produce cheap looking fantasy art that no longer have any soul/hand-drawn(no computer interface), and plain out boring now.
    image by revois Wide open belly= "Gut me here!"
    image by HitmanN I'll let you know my opinion of this when I stop throwing up…
    image by luciferous Every breastplate needs a boob shelf!
    image by inbalfeldman Warrior? In her dreams!
    image by Chadwick-J-Coleman Um… how does her dress *not* fall down?
    I have one here that might lighten your mood up a bit.
    by http://mabuart.deviantart.com/
    I like this piece of art. Quite realistic and still beautiful.
    @Southpaw I have an entire thread of good pics over in the Fan Creations board. "LadyRhian's too many pictures for any thread"

And I just ran into this pic tonight. Topless, but embraced by branches…
    image by Felipe-Pagliuso
    I'd say naked, but you can't see her from the waist down.

image by youngjunechoi "Guardian of the Forest" is asking for thorns and poison ivy/oak in very uncomfortable places!
    image by ayyasap (Does the whole "Spock eyebrow" thing)
    image by boobrepli (I kid you not) This expression is how I feel at the "Brokeback" pose and women with boobs bigger than their heads. In this case, it's both. And gods, my back aches in sympathy!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I would say this last picture is just satire.
    i would say: "how long did you spend digging to get that?"
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited January 2014
    LadyRhian said:

[http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/339/2/3/Erika_goes_Fantasy_by_HitmanN.jpg] by HitmanN I'll let you know my opinion of this when I stop throwing up…

Well Oiled: +4 to Escape Artist. Can be used as emergency light. Stay away from torches, matches, or any open fire.
    LadyRhian said:

[http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs44/i/2009/134/f/1/Far_from_Final_Fantasy_LuLu_by_capoman2000.jpg] by Chadwick-J-Coleman Um… how does her dress *not* fall down?

I believe that would be the purpose of the three dozen belts :P
    I like it! Hey, someone has to have fun with scantily-clad fantasy characters!
    at least they are being equal
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    At last a class that requires you to be barely clothed :) The last time I saw one it was the dervish back in Role Master days :)
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    LadyRhian said:

Hey, someone has to have fun with scantily-clad fantasy characters!

I don't think you'll have any shortage of volunteers for that...
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    nano said:

LadyRhian said:

Hey, someone has to have fun with scantily-clad fantasy characters!

I don't think you'll have any shortage of volunteers for that...
    Adems?
    How about NO?
    First pic: *So* not safe for work- http://www.deviantart.com/art/Dragonmaster2-431285062
    image Talk about your booty ass-semble!
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Notice how my female warrior is not scantily clad. She's actually wearing armor that protects her entire body. The only time you may see some flesh is when I have her take her helm off. It does get hot wearing that all day.

Notice how my female warrior is not scantily clad. She's actually wearing armor that protects her entire body. The only time you may see some flesh is when I have her take her helm off. It does get hot wearing that all day.

Skyrim is very good about clothing their women, and their men for that matter. I guess they figure if you're gonna run around killing dragons, you should probably wear something to protect yourself.

Except, of course, for the awkward glitch of the messenger delivering a letter to you whenever you Shout inside a city, and he shows up in his undies. I mean, come on Bethesda. The messenger's not even hot! :P