Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems is now available for BG:EE and BGII:EE

Comments

• lostincarnationlostincarnation Member Posts: 5
    Is it possible to make SCS skip those problematic files instead of stopping installation?
    I got another error when installing smarter general AI.
    It's kind of annoying coz you can't uninstall scs if you got any fatal errors.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    I'd prefer it didn't skip things, because it's indicative of errors I'd like to know about. I don't understand the "can't uninstall" comment. (I assume you have other mods installed, because other people seem to have installed successfully.)
  • lostincarnationlostincarnation Member Posts: 5
    Well, i got a fatal error and forced to exit. And i can't uninstall via setup-stratagems.exe.
    Perhaps i should've tried using the stratagems.bat to uninstall.
  • jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
    first time using the mod, its great, so thanks for that.
    I have 2 issues, however.
    NPCs to Inns- this works, but the dialogue options are missing....they list as "Invalid:302020"- (number different for each option)
    change +1 weapons to fine weapons- Weapon description and name is, "Invalid:330320"= (Random number)
    can anyone tell me how I might fix this? its not game breaking or anything, but I would like to get it fixed. thanks
  • jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
    anyone? Bueller?
  • KogornKogorn Member Posts: 104
    @DavidW is this safe to install mid-game? If I get myself to an area with nothing in it (like an empty house somewhere)?
    Probably. (I.e. I can't specifically think of anything that will break, though some parts won't work fully.
  • TisamonTisamon Member Posts: 209
    edited November 2013
    A short review of SCS v27 for BGEE: https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25395/a-short-review-of-scs-v27-for-bgee

Perhaps my feedback might prove somewhat useful.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    Since the 1st patch of BG2:EE. SCS v27 will install however when you start a new game it won't load and instead you get a blackscreen that will allow you to click and hear audio movements of the sound set you chose. Other saved games made previous to the patch will load fine.
    Can you (I) confirm that it's SCS (i.e., if you uninstall it works); (ii) see if it's an issue on ToB as well as SoA?
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Same SoA blackscreen issue for me. v26 worked for me before the patch
    (i) sadly, yes if you uninstall it works (tried v27 and v26)
    (ii) ToB works fine (both v27 and v26)
  • CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    David, a few issues in BG:EE.

1. Davaeorn fight is buggy, and the wizard's scripts are sometimes weird. For instance, he often throws fireballs at places where there is no party, and he tends to do melee when he shouldn't.
    The battle horrors are also inevitably defeated before the fight with Davaeorn begins. I think they should be moved to a different location to make the fight more challenging.

2. In the Durlag tower, Love and Pride didn't follow my party when I did a tactical retreat to the room with the big table. They just stayed there and waited until I could defeat the other dwarves. It made the fight much easier than it would otherwise have been.

Otherwise, I've been enjoying the mod immensely. The fight against the Iron Throne tower party in particular was tremendous fun.
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    edited November 2013
    yep, good shout on moving the battle horrors @Castorp
    ps. any chance of recolouring them black in the mod please or is that more one for BG2 Tweaks?
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Awesome will use this as soon as the current playthrough is complete.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    DavidW said:

Can you (I) confirm that it's SCS (i.e., if you uninstall it works); (ii) see if it's an issue on ToB as well as SoA?

Yes, I have confirmed it. Like the poster stated, TOB loads fine as well as previous saves in SOA. I believe it has to do with the first cutscene. You don't hear the sound of the magic attack.

With Davaeorn, I'm starting to wonder if there's some change I wasn't aware of in the BGEE iteration of that encounter. Will check when I have a chance.
  • mackosmackos Member Posts: 188
    I would replace battle horrors by flesh golems - their magic resistance make them more suitable to accompany Davaeorn's AoE spells. And they should appear after Davaeorn initializes conversation
    Cute. But I'd rather not mess around with the core structure if I can help it - Davaeorn + battle horrors is one of the iconic BG1 encounters. They're immune to most of his AoE in any case.
  • BlinkyZeroBlinkyZero Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    I can also confirm that SCS v27 causes a black screen with nothing but the cursor visible when starting a new game with a custom character. However, I have been able to get around this and force the Irenicus cutscene to begin by bringing up the inventory/records menus by keystrokes and randomly pressing buttons or pausing the game. Eventually the cutscene begins.

edit: Going into the area map and out a few times triggers the workaround reliably for me. Just forced the cutscene to begin 10 out of 10 times this way, if that's helpful. :D
    I can reproduce this. I'll try to upload a fix tomorrow. As a workaround, delete ar0602.bcs from your override folder.
  • BlinkyZeroBlinkyZero Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    DavidW said:

I can reproduce this. I'll try to upload a fix tomorrow. As a workaround, delete ar0602.bcs from your override folder.

Hmm, not seeing an ar0602.bcs in the override. Closest is ar0606.bcs.

edit: Ah, figured it out. I reinstalled SCS just now without the Slightly Harder Starting Dungeon option. :D Works fine without that, obviously.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    edited November 2013
    @DavidW Some enemies cheat and turn invisible while they are helpless. For example I successfully cast Hold Person on Silke in Beregost and while she was Held, after a few hits from my guys she turned invisible. She still remained Held, so its pretty obvious cheating. I had the same problem with Cult Assassins in Ulgoth's Beard. While they were stuck in web, they turned invisible. I'm guessing this isn't intended behavior? I'm using SCS v27.

EDIT: And now I also realized what causes it. Blindness. I used Glittedust/Chromatic Orb which both blind people. That means they cannot see my player characters and their long preparation scripts kick in. I think you should put state check for stun/hold/panic etc. on long preparation scripts or think of some other way to check if creature doesn't see player just because they are blind.
    Post edited by Bercon on
    Yep, unintentional. I had thought I'd caught it, but perhaps only on the BG2 scripts.
    Version 28 is now out. I think it catches all the bugs on this thread, but no doubt I've missed something. In particular it fixes these severe issues:

- failure to start a new SoA game
    - crashes caused by paladin NPCs summoning devas
    - improved random encounters breaking Dorn's romance
    - CTD in the d'Arnise keep
    - duplicated wardens in Durlag's Tower.

Go to http://www.gibberlings3.net for more details and download link, as usual.
  • CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    The duplicate dwarves in the "Love fight" were a bug?

I thought it was what the improved fight was supposed to be like...
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Just installed v27 yesterday and started a new BG1EE game :)
    Should there be any problems if I uninstall v27 and install v28 and continue my current save?
    Never say never, but I would be very surprised. (Reinstalling BG1EE itself might cause problems with old saves because the dialog strings might get messed around, but if you just uninstall SCSv27, delete it, and install v28, it ought to be fine.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    @DavidW v28 still has 27 as version number. Just a cosmetic thing.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    edited November 2013
    @DavidW I decided to restart after all just to be sure. I had only gone to FAI. The only bad thing is I have to face prebuffed Tarnesh again :)

Edit. The battle against SCS Tarnesh was one of the few times I've actually been forced to use Imoen's wand of magic missiles to survive. Nice!
    Post edited by Wilbur on
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited November 2013
    Nice update again, you're really hard at works these days !

"•Worked around variable conventions for DISPEL_/REMOVE_MAGIC in a somewhat more compatibility-friendly way."

--> does this mean that SCS should now be compatible with the " Allow Dispel/Remove Magic to take down Globes of Invulnerability " component of atweaks ?