Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems is now available for BG:EE and BGII:EE

Comments

• DeioDeio Member Posts: 23
    Good work @ dashteacup

I'm currently running a 3-man multiplayer party with 2 friends in ToB with SCS installed. Everything has been working fine so far, but as soon as we got to Amkethran, one of my friends crashes instantly and gets kicked out of the game. The same problem also appears in watchers keep.

We've tried several ways to work around it. Reinstalling both SCS and BG2. Joining the game in different orders, removing characters etc. (my friends works as a software tester, so we've been thorough) but nothing works. In about 1/20 tries, he actually manages to get in the game for some odd reason, but is kicked as soon as we do another area transition.

I dont know if anyone else has played SCS ToB multiplayer (with atleast 3 players) and have suffered similar problems?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    I also have noticed the problem reported elsewhere that I cannot installed improved mage ai without the HLA abilities for enemies component. One other major problem I had concerning BG:EE is that the option "pre-buff only if created in sight of PC" does not work; all enemy mages pre-buffed (not only stoneskin but also short-term buffs).
  • Princess_SarahPrincess_Sarah Member Posts: 39
    First up @DavidW‌ thank you so much for taking the time to create this awesome looking mod and for sharing it with the rest of us - you're a star!

Unfortunately I am having a little problem installing the mod :( and was wondering if anyone here could help me out. I am running BGEE and BG2EE on Mac OS X and upon starting set-up I get an error message in the terminal - permission denied.

I usually install mods using this useful little gizmo:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-for-os-x/p1

made by @subtledoctor‌ but got the same message trying to install through this too. I have tried poking into the problem myself (I am not very tech savvy so might be completely wrong!) but I think the problem is that my mac is, for some reason, wanting me to change my security settings to install downloads from anywhere. I have not needed to do this before as right clicking and force-opening usually gets around it.

Does anyone know if this is the problem or know what else it might be? I am reluctant to change my settings on the off chance (mainly in case I forget to put it back after!).

thanks for any help - much appreciated.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Please read AstroBryGuy's Hitchhiker's Guide to Installing Mods on OSX for a more up to date guide on installing mods on OS X. In particular, there is a specific chapter on how to get rid of permission denied errors if you have a Mac App Store version.
    I hope it will be enough to work around the issue.
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    Hi to everyone! This is a great mod... anyone knows if it works on android tablet? Thanks
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited April 2014
    @griever0483‌ - The android and iPad versions support override directories, but not editing the dialog.tlk file (at least not without rooting/jailbreaking the device).

One could install SCS on a Windows or Mac copy of BGEE, then copy the override directory over to the tablet. However, the strings added by SCS wouldn't be there; so you'd have missing string errors.

You might try @Charan‌'s & @Lunar's Battle Enhancer Mod. It is a "drop into the override directory" mod, so it's iPad/tablet friendly.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19856/bg-ee-battle-enhancer-mod-ver-1-33-released
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    Thanks @astrob !!!
  • dam23dam23 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2014
    Tsyrith said:

Hey there, a couple of us have SCS installed and are encountering a problem with BG2EE's Sendai, she's wearing herself some immunity but her death script doesn't fire. I've progressed passed the problem already as I wasn't too sure if it was SCS or not (still yet might not be, honestly, but I don't anticipate it's a point that many people have reached with the mod), but @Aegarion might still have a savegame, though thinking about it, it's probably easier to quicky console yourself there (C:MoveToArea("ar6108") ) and ctrl-y everything else to bits to confirm, though you have to movetoarea yourself there twice, despite the cinematic and progression break it mirrors what occurs in the fight. I also have a savegame that I dragged through from ar6100 , so let me know if you want that and my weidu.log instead. The thread is here.

I have posted the patched scripts for Sendai and a detailed problem description in the 26324 thread.

Enjoy ;)
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    This bug prevented me from finishing Throne of Bhaal few months ago. Would be great if this could be patched in next SCS release, since i plan to start new run.
  • dam23dam23 Member Posts: 30
    Etamin said:

This bug prevented me from finishing Throne of Bhaal few months ago. Would be great if this could be patched in next SCS release, since i plan to start new run.

Which bug, Sendai ?
    Just get the patched files from the other thread I linked, I've finished TOB 2 days ago using them.

Now leveling me a little gnome cleric/illusionist in BG1 to import in a new BG2 playthrough, wee
    I deleted save files few months ago, when there was no fix for this bug. I just hope this problem will be solved in next SCS release (if @DavidW plan it).
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Hello, I would like first to thank you so much for the work you put into this fantastic mod !

But now I have a question, I saw in the readme that the Clay Golems now have a Cursed Wounds ability as per PnP rules, but you don't indicate how to remove it and my character has been affected by it. Remove Curse, resting, Greater Restoration nor Dispel Magic do anything, so what must be done ?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited May 2014
    Remove curse should work... at least in my game.

Edit: BTW You can't heal yourself with potions or spells when you are cursed, but regeneration still works.
    Remove Curse doesn't work in my game.
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Remove curse in a temple works for me
    Greater Restoration worked for me, but it only cured Cursed Wound. To be cured and healed you needed to cast it two times.
    I'll try to reinstall SCS to see if anything changes.
  • dashteacupdashteacup Member Posts: 52
    Strange, both the cleric and wizard versions of remove curse work for me.
  • InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2014
    Hi there, i think i have found a bug with the mod, for the record i am using alot of mods however i have followed the "BGII:EE Compatible Mod List" and after some good advice from @Erg i uninstalled the mods 1 by 1 from the last one installed to the first to try and find the mod respondible, the problem stopped when i uninstalled SCS so i assume the problem lies with it.

i also did a clear install of the game and reinstalled the mods and even started a new game the problem still persisted

and now for the bug.

every time i enter the slums at night from around 21-22:00 untill around 8-10:00 the game quickly crushes sometimes the map doesnt even load. it happens every single time i try to enter the slums at night or even if i was already there and the time passed while playing aka it was 20:00 i leave for 10 min and come back to a crushed game. the game doesnt crush during the day only night time.
    i will attach WeiDU.log save game and crush report so you could check it out.
  • Belegur01Belegur01 Member Posts: 7
    Okay, it's a wee bit late to post this, but I suspect that's related to the Vampire Tales mod, and the new NPC that spawns in the Slums at night. I had the same problem with BG2 crashing. Can't quite remember what I did to correct it, but I think it was related to editing the NPC's character colours in EEKeeper. Some of the colour choices can cause crashes to desktop, and usually, you only need to change the colour to one of the standard palette in BG2 to fix it.
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    I'm guessing you'll have to make it compatible once newer versions of EE are released?
  • InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
    @Belegur01‌ but then why did the problem stop when i uninstalled SCS?
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    Does anyone know if @Davidw will come back and patch up SCS ? i think it's working alright for the most part, but it would be really nice from him to include the sendai fix and patch some other minor bugs...

Also, i guess there could be some new bugs with SCS when the upcoming patch for BG2EE will come.

I know he has already done a lot, and we can't thank him enough for that, but SCS is really close to be fully compatible with the most perfect version of BG2 ever :)
    And we miss improved bodhi!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Is there a log of the scs installation?
    I installed scs for bg2ee on iPad. I already did it months ago, and everything went almost fine (but I wasn't looking at the monitor while installing). This time I choose some different options, and I noticed some failures (surely related to the iPad).
    I want to know exactly what failed, just to check during the game, but the only log I found is the weidu.log wich doesn't help me.
    "NPC wait in inn" component seems not to work. After kicking them out i can only recruit them again or leave them where they are.
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    I don`t know if SCS but my Sorc Pet (RB Mephist) is not able to transform back from his slime form,..
    edited September 2014
    Ok, "BG1 NPCs go to inns" component work, but in strange way. I can send them to inn only if they are in the zone with one. For instance if i'm in Nashkel, i can kick out NPC and then ask him to wait in Nashkel Inn (but i have only this one option). In zones without inn i don't have any option, only "Stay where you are" or "Come back in".
    Also i have found another bug i mentioned in different topic - killing non-hostile mages like Phlydia or Firebead doesn't cost repuation loss. It seems to be connected to "Smarter mages" component.
    @DavidW, how's you RL constraints? Will you be able to patch SCS any time soon?
    Nice catch @Etamin‌. As far as I can tell SCS v28 works smoothly with BGEE v1.3.2053. No bugs detected whatsoever (the "BG1 NPCs go to inns" not working as expected can't be counted as such, I think).

I look forward to try v28 with BG2EE v1.3. I know the "improved vampires" and "improved bodhi" components have been sadly disabled (the vanilla bodhi part is kind of a joke, i mean come on, 91000xp for a mere brute force melee fighter that can't even heal herself), but maybe the BG2EE patch will fix the bug that makes liches immune to breach. I may be talking nonsense here but the "reduced reputation increase" component, which didn't work with BGEE v 1.2 and SCS v28, is working perfectly fine with the same version of SCS and the latest BGEE patch.