Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems is now available for BG:EE and BGII:EE

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    They now appear in random-encounter areas.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-stratagems.html#tacticalbg1
    Improved Deployment for Parties of Assassins

Two groups of assassins (one made up mostly of dwarves and gnomes, one made up entirely of amazons) hang out in the vicinity of Gullykin. This component removes them from there and makes them proactively hunt the party down instead - they'll show up at random times in chapter 3 once the main character hits third level.

As of version 24, the assassins spawn in the usual random-encounter areas on TUTU and BGEE games, and on BGT games with BGSpawns or BGT-Tweaks spawns. (The old behaviour is fun, but a repeated source of bug reports!) If you want to hold on to the old version, you can force it via the ini file.
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90

They now appear in random-encounter areas.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-stratagems.html#tacticalbg1

Improved Deployment for Parties of Assassins

Two groups of assassins (one made up mostly of dwarves and gnomes, one made up entirely of amazons) hang out in the vicinity of Gullykin. This component removes them from there and makes them proactively hunt the party down instead - they'll show up at random times in chapter 3 once the main character hits third level.

As of version 24, the assassins spawn in the usual random-encounter areas on TUTU and BGEE games, and on BGT games with BGSpawns or BGT-Tweaks spawns. (The old behaviour is fun, but a repeated source of bug reports!) If you want to hold on to the old version, you can force it via the ini file.
    I've read this. But what does it mean random-encounter areas? o.O
    The word usual made me thing they would appear where they are in the original game.
    Thanks for helping.
    edited March 2015
    When you get attacked by enemies while traveling between areas (i.e., you get the "you have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself" message), that's a random encounter area.

The assassins will appear in one of these random encounter areas.

edited March 2015

When you get waylaid by enemies while traveling between areas (i.e., you get the "you have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourself" message), that's a random encounter area.

The assassins will appear in one of these random encounter areas.

Oooooooooooooh!

Do I need to worry about advancing past chapter 3, or it doesn't matter once the game allows them to trigger?
    No, AFAIK, the condition is Chapter > 2, not Chapter = 3.
    Improved vampires seems to get stuck at bat form sometimes, especially when near death. Making them unable to die, while they still hit pretty hard in bat form :tongue:
  • MariusKeintMariusKeint Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Inarii said:

Hi there, i think i have found a bug with the mod, for the record i am using alot of mods however i have followed the "BGII:EE Compatible Mod List" and after some good advice from @Erg i uninstalled the mods 1 by 1 from the last one installed to the first to try and find the mod respondible, the problem stopped when i uninstalled SCS so i assume the problem lies with it.

i also did a clear install of the game and reinstalled the mods and even started a new game the problem still persisted

and now for the bug.

every time i enter the slums at night from around 21-22:00 untill around 8-10:00 the game quickly crushes sometimes the map doesnt even load. it happens every single time i try to enter the slums at night or even if i was already there and the time passed while playing aka it was 20:00 i leave for 10 min and come back to a crushed game. the game doesnt crush during the day only night time.
    i will attach WeiDU.log save game and crush report so you could check it out.

I know its a little late to bring this issue up but since I had the exact same issue I thought I'd let you know what fixed it for me. It seems that the Miriam NPC from Vampire tales gets assigned the wrong strings. Fixing those with EE (she had a string named "Die, insect!" instead of her correct one) seems to have fixed the crash issue. I also changed her skin color to a less silvery one just in case, but the major problem seemed to be her string. It may be related to SCS or not (i don't remember if SCS modifies strings of NPCs, I doubt it) but more likely it seems that it came about from the large amount of mods I had installed somehow messing up a few creature/NPC strings

Post edited by MariusKeint on
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    So is SCS good to go for BG EE and BG2EE?
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    Yes it is, like 3 versions ago. Right know even improved bodhi is back!
    Nice. thanks @Dexter as been wanting to go with a serious playthrough on EE (3rd time) with more challenge/different tactics and been reading up on SCS...whats the big difference though between SCS and BP or is essentially the same in terms of AI changes??
    Hi @brunardo, I've never played BP so I can't say. SCS is a must have mod for me, basically it makes enemies smarter (better targeting, better spell choices, better use of abilities/potions...) and removes some cheesy tactics (like abusing the fog of war). For instance there's silke, absolutely killable by any first level character, even though she is a level 10 bard in vanilla BG. SCS doesn't change her level, but under SCS Silke plays like a 10th level bard and has stoneskin, slow, etc. This is what this mod is about. I would avoid tactical challenges if it's your first SCS run and instal almost everything else (including option 3 of improved mages). Have fun and do a standard quest order.
    Yeah thats what I'm looking for @Dexter as insane difficulty gives a nice challenge but pretty much can walk through it as beat the game several times now over the years and have a pretty good understanding of the mechanics. I heard BP give the enemy AI a "random" factor that makes them do something that may not be the smartest move but like real life they make human mistakes in the thick of battle instead of every mage casting the same spells, buffs, defenses etc. I read about the imprved mages being pretty difficult though but like you mentioned I want Silke buffing and casting spells and not just coming at me with a weapon like a meathead...btw what is the tactical challenges and why avoid it??
    The Tactical Challenges do more than just make enemies smarter. They add levels/abilities to enemies or even add additional foes to certain encounters.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/tactical_bg1.php
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/tactical_bg2.php
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Hi guys, a question: Is it possible to modify a certain component after installing SCS for BGEE?

I set the lowest point (option 4, i think) for "Reduced reputation increase" during the installation process and I realised it is too punishing: my party's reputation is still at "Disliked" even after completing numerous good deeds, and it doesnt help when Dorn joined my party and lowered it further by 2 and when he left it only went back up by 1 point (I don't know if that is how it should be or it's a potential bug).

I am playing the Steam version and playing on Mac. Running on the latest version of SCS. thanks!
    johntyl said:

Hi guys, a question: Is it possible to modify a certain component after installing SCS for BGEE?

Yes, run setup-stratagems again and install/re-install whatever component you want
    Dexter said:

johntyl said:

Yes, run setup-stratagems again and install/re-install whatever component you want
    Can I just reinstall one component or do I have to reinstall the whole thing?
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    johntyl said:

Dexter said:

johntyl said:

Can I just reinstall one component or do I have to reinstall the whole thing?
    For sure you can reinstal just one component.
    If I remember well, you'll be asked first which groups of components you want to modify, then you have to go through all the options belonging to that group, saying whether you want to keep the option like that, or modify it.
    @Davide thanks!
    Hi @AstroBryGuy just noticed your post on tactical and actually like that stuff for my net BGEE playthrough with SCS, is there one for BG2 as well
    Yes, the second link I posted was information on the tactical challenges for BG2.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/tactical_bg2.php
    Read through it and think I will need to incorporate it fo rmy next run for sure, thanks!
    "Johns-MBP:Resources Johnsama$ ./setup-stratagems
    -bash: ./setup-stratagems: Permission denied
    Johns-MBP:Resources Johnsama$ "

Does anyone know why this is the case?

edited June 2015
    The binary probably doesn't have execute permission. You need to give it execute permission using chmod.
    chmod u+x setup-stratagems
    Alternatively, you can use @subtledoctor's Easy Mod Installer for OSX.

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/p1
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on

The binary probably doesn't have execute permission. You need to give it execute permission using chmod.

chmod u+x setup-stratagems
    Alternatively, you can use @subtledoctor's Easy Mod Installer for OSX.

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x/p1
    I am using @subtledoctor 's Mac Weidu Launcher which is giving me this problem
    @johntyl - Remove the file 'setup-stratagems' and run the WeiDU Launcher again.
    @AstroBryGuy This is what is shown in its entirety:

"Last login: Sat Jun 20 21:17:32 on ttys000
    Johns-MBP:~ Johnsama$ cd '/Users/Johnsama/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Baldur'\''s Gate Enhanced Edition/Baldur'\''s Gate - Enhanced Edition.app/Contents/Resources/'
    Johns-MBP:Resources Johnsama$ ./setup-stratagems
    -bash: ./setup-stratagems: Permission denied
    Johns-MBP:Resources Johnsama$

"

I opened terminal and keyed in "chmod u+x setup-stratagems" as you said but I got this instead:

"chmod: setup-stratagems: No such file or directory"

thanks for your help!

@johntyl - Remove the file 'setup-stratagems' and run the WeiDU Launcher again.

OMG, you are a genius as always! Thank you @AstroBryGuy! :)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @DavidW
    The "Improved Balduran's Isle" component changes the dialogue with Kaishas and the quest entry from Italian into English.
    Are there new lines that need to be translated or is it a bug?
    Thanks for your attention.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    edited July 2015
    Hello. I need an advice... it will be my first time in BGEE with SCS mod. What components I should use? There is a lot of them... I'm not a hardcore gamer and i don't want hardcore game. I just want to make BGEE harder and more tactical. Could you help me?