Skip to content

Sword Coast Stratagems is now available for BG:EE and BGII:EE

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Good luck, @Wiggles‌ !

Or even better:

Good *improved luck, @Wiggles!

*improved luck means all your characters in the first 5 SCS attempts have pre-buffed themselves Luck spell ;)
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I'm also trying SCS for the first time, but I'm running into a problem with smarter mages (and presumably clerics), described here.

Anyone know anything more about this? I'd be happy with a solution I can do myself if it's copied the wrong files somehow, rather than waiting for a patch.
  • JozignoJozigno Member Posts: 6
    Most of SCSv28 bugs are fixed or in process to be fixed.
    Fix is at the end of this post:
    http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=25893&page=6#entry227822
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Can I screw up my SCS installation and/or the current game I have going by making a tiny change in BG2 Tweaks? I actually already did the change, more precisely I uninstalled one component 'Unlimited jewelry and stacks'. I just noticed that this small change caused the entire SCS to automatically uninstall and reinstall itself.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    What happened is the way WeiDU is supposed to function. WeiDU layers one mod atop another. That way, two mods can both edit the same file (assuming they are written well). However, when you want to uninstall a particular mod, WeiDU has to uninstall all the mods installed after that mod, then reinstall them. Otherwise, uninstalling the mod could break mods installed after it.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

What happened is the way WeiDU is supposed to function. WeiDU layers one mod atop another. That way, two mods can both edit the same file (assuming they are written well). However, when you want to uninstall a particular mod, WeiDU has to uninstall all the mods installed after that mod, then reinstall them. Otherwise, uninstalling the mod could break mods installed after it.

So I take it there should be no problems. Every SCS component seemed to reinstall successfully anyway.
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    Guys, cant download SCS from gibberlings, when i click "Download" button it rdirects me to forum gibberligs, i ve found thread on forum, BUT when i click on download link on forum it again redirects me to main forum page w/o downloading mod, please, those who already have mod, upload it somewhere or send meh to e-mail : andrey1022@gmail.com

Boo is getteing antsy/
    TNX in advance
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    @Sleeples
    See : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=914
    Please also check the unofficial patch here : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26792&page=1

It seems that DavidW is working on a Stratagems update.
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    Musigny said:

@Sleeples
    See : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=914
    Please also check the unofficial patch here : http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26792&page=1

It seems that DavidW is working on a Stratagems update.

Ohoho ! Thanx bro it works) Downloaded !)

"Im starting to find this forum almost...palatable "
  • DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    @Musigny how do I install the fix? They don't explain how to do it in the forum, should I paste the files before or after SCS install?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @‌Dexter - Before. However, v29 is ready for release. DavidW just has to get it uploaded at G3.

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25893&p=231203
    edited January 2015
    @Dexter‌
    Unrar the patch file under the same directory. Then you can install SCS as usual.
    The patch will overwrite files in the "stratagems" subdirectory.

Alternatively you can wait for the v29.
    @DavidW‌
    Thanks and congratulations for the new release !
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @DavidW‌
    I was looking at the readme, and I saw the "Installing on non-Windows systems" chapter.
    You mention the Mac/Os and the Linux, but you didn't mention the iOs (or the android, but I don't know anything about this).
    Since I know you can install SCS on your iPad (jailbroken or not), I think you can add it.
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    @Pibaro:
    Pibaro said:

I was looking at the readme, and I saw the "Installing on non-Windows systems" chapter.
    You mention the Mac/Os and the Linux, but you didn't mention the iOs (or the android, but I don't know anything about this).
    Since I know you can install SCS on your iPad (jailbroken or not), I think you can add it.

Last time I looked, you can't fully install it on a (non-jailbroken) iPad because the dialog can't update. Has this changed?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @DavidW‌ No, this isn't changed, but it involves merely the description of some spells (if you do a silent install as you suggested).
    It's perfectly playable, you just need to mention that.

But if you don't want people to play a non-complete version of SCS, you could just mention that you know someone who actually did it and you are not responsible for any issue :)
    Just to let people (who doesn't read this forum) know that they can actually play scs on iPad.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    DavidW said:

Version 30 is out, hot on the heels of v29; it updates the Polish translation and fixes a few bugs that crept into v29.

For those of us who went through the v29 install yesterday, are the bugs significant enough to worry about. Despite my Polish in-laws, I am not impacted by that language update!
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited January 2015
    @DavidW Thanks a lot, again, for your work. Your come back, and this compilation of bugs fixes is really nice.

I really hope you'll manage to fix these damn liches once and for all (the breach liches component has always been one of my favorites for some reason).
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Hi @DavidW‌ In SCS shield of balduran was removed?
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    @Maxxximus‌ That's one of the optional components.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Hudzy said:

@Maxxximus‌ That's one of the optional components.

It will be very cool if instead of just removing option was something like this
    Shield of Balduran
    1. 25% probability of blocking beholder rays
    2. 50% probability of blocking beholder rays
    3. Go in hell cheat item
  • PalanthisPalanthis Member Posts: 283
    edited January 2015
    @DavidW‌ have you any plans, at this point, for the new content added in the enhanced editions ? WIll you change the NPC AI of these components with SCS ? As far as i know, they're still vanilla AI (even though slightly upgraded by Beamdog).
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    Thank you again for all the work on this mod!
  • VreejackVreejack Member Posts: 60
    edited February 2015
    Some other mod is interfering with "initialize." It's Divine Remix. I'll try to nail it down. Anyone else figure out a solution?
    Post edited by Vreejack on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    I can't seem the find the amazon mercenary group. At least not in the map after exiting Nashkal Mines.
    I thought the new version no longer make them chase you, or move them anywhere?
    Are they moved? Couldn't find any info about it.