Skip to content

Give Viconia a better portrait for BGEE

Comments

• EleosEleos Member Posts: 48
    Tanthalas said:

Honestly, Coran's portrait is more of a bug than Viconia's.

Lol. He always creeped me out.

My two cents is: Yes, I'm a warm blooded male and I prefer not to look at the witch/ogre/thing. Please include the BG2 portrait, perhaps even slightly modified to reflect a darker skin tone.
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    As @Moomintroll already said, water is hard to do, you know. I'm not a professional artist or anything.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    Do not worry @Konabuga, I don't think you're a pervert. If anything, they are for confusing water and se.. uh, well, THING which they keep talking about.

Dirty little children smothering their computer monitors when they see liquids running down her Drow breasts. What is the world coming to?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Oh look. Some disgusting rivvil has... sneezed on viconia's face.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Lol, that's pretty damned funny.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Can't be bothered to read through all the posts, so apologies if this has already been said, but the BG1 portraits that I always replaced with custom portraits were:

Xzar
    Coran
    Viconia (used BG2)

and I think I only used Faldorn once, but had she been a character I wanted to use thereafter I would have had to replace her portrait too.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Lemernis It's funny how Faldorn's portrait looks so much worse than she actually is. I mean, yeah, she disagrees with Jaheira and all, but she's kinda mellow. It's in Baldur's Gate 2 where she gets as scary as her BG1 portrait looks.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    To me, she also looks a lot older in her portrait than she's supposed to be.
  • SabotinSabotin Member Posts: 38
    I don't like radical changes. If the blue is the problem remove just that. It doesn't even bother me personally, i just view it as a bluish sheen/lighting not skin color.
    (Obviously an artist would do a better job, but you get my point...)
  • junk11junk11 Member Posts: 117
    edited August 2012
    My personal favourite custom Viconia portrait

hope its better than this lol

PS. It's actually from Yasraena NPC Mod...but the portrait matches well with Viconia..
    Post edited by junk11 on
    Thats a good one because it actually looks close to her bg2 portrait
  • Gun19Gun19 Member Posts: 48
    Viconia: Fifty Shades of Drow.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    junk11 said:

My personal favourite custom Viconia portrait

hope its better than this lol

PS. It's actually from Yasraena NPC Mod...but the portrait matches well with Viconia..

This is a very nice portrait actually, beats her current ones by far.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    I prefer this one:

She look like drow.
    She look good.
    And she is not " blue ".

BUT PORTRAIT FROM BG1 MUST BE CHANGE !!!

They all look good.
    Is impossible made worse portrait then her BG1 portrait.

This topic is intended to authors BG:EE

We must show them how drows really look and what players want.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    @edvin

What players want is a release that doesn't breach the originality and integrity of any the original content, that's why hours have been spent on artwork and music to make them compliment and match what exists.

Her BG1 portrait is great, I don't get why you all hate it. Obviously it's not the prettiest one of her, but it's canon.
    Ward said:

@edvin

What players want is a release that doesn't breach the originality and integrity of any the original content, that's why hours have been spent on artwork and music to make them compliment and match what exists.

Her BG1 portrait is great, I don't get why you all hate it. Obviously it's not the prettiest one of her, but it's canon.

It can´t be so great if so many people hate it...
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Oh I don't hate it, I was merely making changes to the BG2 one based on someone liking the Ysraena colour scheme. :)
  • PigeonPigeon Member Posts: 6
    I really like Viconia's BG1 portrait. I actually make it the portrait for all the female characters in my party (if this option were to be included in BG:EE, so I wouldn't have to do it manually, that would be great!)
    edited August 2012
    edited August 2012
    Edvin said:

I dont know if your trolling or you are just stupid.

It is his opinion, and if he really likes it I can understand his want for making other female NPC's use it. Only one at a time of course. I use it for a lot my female Charnames, I love it, I just don't think it looks very drow-like
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I don't think they have implants in the Forgotten Realms. Besides what adventurer is going to be dressed like that?
    Edvin said:

ajwz said:

LadyRhian said:

@ajwz Are you having trouble seeing it also?

Yep, but I'm sure it can't be as good as the one in my imagination :p
    Better now ?

Besides what adventurer is going to be dressed like that?

A sexy one?
    If I looked like that, I would not be wandering around in full plate armour.

I don't think they have implants in the Forgotten Realms. Besides what adventurer is going to be dressed like that?

This is leather armor +5 :D
    Tis a magical robe of Charm heterosexual male nerds. Too much?
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    I removed a couple of images that I'm positive would offend quite a few people. Let's think twice before making some of these jokes.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I prefer her Baldur's Gate 2 portrait... and the blue skin :D
    Dave said:

I removed a couple of images that I'm positive would offend quite a few people. Let's think twice before making some of these jokes.

Thank you very much !