Skip to content

Give Viconia a better portrait for BGEE

Comments

• CrowseyeCrowseye Member Posts: 28
    I don't like either of them. The BG1 portrait is the one from that game that didn't fit the character as well as the others, but the BG2 portrait is not drow *enough* IMO. I've colored her garb black on her BG2 portrait and given her black skin as well -- like one of those examples posted above -- but she still has the face of a teen magazine model rather than a drow priestess, and I've never been able to fix it to my satisfaction. ;)
  • WybranWybran Member Posts: 162
    In my personal opinion almost all BG1 portraits are terrible. Girls are either ugly or look fat. Besides so many facial tatoos and other tribal stuff. Come on this is forgotten realms not same sort of retro barbarians universe. At least Bioware realized this in BG2 and NWN where same portraits are real masterpiece.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @Wybran BG1 female portraits are fat? what do you want?

edited November 2012
    Danse macabre... really? Sorry my friend but failed troll attempt :) If a character is described as beautifull than it should be. Viconias portrait from the second game is not bad but changing only one picture will cause a lack of art cohesion.
    @Wybran Not what I would consider trolling, but never mind.
    I can understand that you might think they are ugly (I don't), but fat? I see no evidence of chubby cheeks!
  • DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    I prefer her BG1 portrait over BG2....

I can understand that you might think they are ugly (I don't), but fat? I see no evidence of chubby cheeks!

I said "or look fat" maybe "well fed" instead?
    imageimageimageimage
    @Wybran we must agree to disagree.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012
    There ya go.

Just resize, swap & no problem there...
    Post edited by Kirkor on
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @Kirkor
    I am not sure with that full plate armor with her strenght 9...
    Also, her ears are too big.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'll say what I think. I fully agree that Viconia should have a better portrait in BG1, as long as Faldorn, who also happen to have a terrible one, will recieve new portrait too. That would be fair - because I don't see the reason why Viconia has to recieve any special treatment. I'm neutral towards both ladies.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    edited November 2012
    @Edvin Actually, I thought it's a leather. Anyway, it's picture taken in the Underdark, and she is wearing a drow armor and they are much more flexible and lighter than the surface ones :P
    Well, you can cut the picture in a way, where you cut her ear, so it won't be visible :P

I use it this way:
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Wybran said:

I said "or look fat" maybe "well fed" instead?
    imageimageimageimage

To me they just look... old.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Viconia is a 3-legged creature dont forget that...
    Yup. Viconia, Drow for Lunchbox.
  • OurQuestIsVainOurQuestIsVain Member Posts: 201
    I don't know why everybody hates this portrait. I actually like it quite a bit. Her eyebrows are a bit bushy but have you seen original d&d drow? Especially the dudes with the huge muttonchops. Viconia looks fine, the skin tone looks like it is weird due to the lighting, same with the hair...and I don't think she looks like an old lady...guess I'm just weird. Plus if you changed her portrait it would look weird in comparison to the old portraits. You would have to change everybody's portrait for the sake of consistency...which actually isn't a bad idea, more options for customization is always a good thing.
    @Kukaracha No i mean that i'm from Europe not from America :P

Becouse off-topics are also ugly here we have later Bioware drows:
    imageimageimage
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @kukaracha - Imoen is young and bubbly. That picture looks like somebody's mom. I don't need jailbait Imoen, but she should have some matching between voice and appearance. Branwen matches the voice to me, so I have no issues with that graphic - tough and weathered, as it were. Don't have an issue with Jaheira, either, as I like the kick-ass-ness of her character and portrait.
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    Edvin said:

btw: Fans was allready fix that portrait :

Look MUCH better, but still not that good like in BG2.

I really like this one. When I see her BG2 portrait, I always think about Angelina Jolie..
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Secria said:

Edvin said:

I really like this one. When I see her BG2 portrait, I always think about Angelina Jolie..
    That's quite an insult to Angelina Jolie.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Awong124 said:

Secria said:

Edvin said:

I prefer the BG2 portrait much more than the BG1 portrait. Aside from her face simply looking much better, I've often wondered why she is holding her arms above her head in the BG1 portrait. Is it an attempt to make her look like someone in the process of being arrested (to show that she is evil)?

Personally, I think Angelina Jolie is ugly in real life. BG2 Viconia is not and looks nothing like her, in my opinion, unless Angelina Jolie has blue skin, white hair, and skin considerably smoother than she had in the last several movies I've seen her in.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    ARKdeEREH said:

Awong124 said:

Secria said:

Edvin said:

I prefer the BG2 portrait much more than the BG1 portrait. Aside from her face simply looking much better, I've often wondered why she is holding her arms above her head in the BG1 portrait. Is it an attempt to make her look like someone in the process of being arrested (to show that she is evil)?

Personally, I think Angelina Jolie is ugly in real life. BG2 Viconia is not and looks nothing like her, in my opinion, unless Angelina Jolie has blue skin, white hair, and skin considerably smoother than she had in the last several movies I've seen her in.

It looks like her arms are up because she's about to smash something. It looks like she's holding a weapon.
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Awong124 said:

It looks like she's holding a weapon.

Um, because she is. A mace, most likely - you can see the weapon shaft.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

I'd prefer they left the BG1 portrait alone. It fits the style of the other portraits.

For BG1 I prefer the overall style of the BG1 portrait, but like the mod shown earlier in this thread where they change her skin and hair colour

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Kirkor said:

@Edvin Actually, I thought it's a leather. Anyway, it's picture taken in the Underdark, and she is wearing a drow armor and they are much more flexible and lighter than the surface ones :P
    Well, you can cut the picture in a way, where you cut her ear, so it won't be visible :P

I use it this way:

I love this one, but might use it for my evil elf Fighter/Mage I'm intending to use as CHARNAME for my first BGEE run instead of Viconia, and use the modded BG1 one earlier in this thread for Viconia, who, OF COURSE, *will* be in my party :-)

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @Awong124 Behold Grey DeLisle, voice actress for, among others, Viconia;
    imageimage

I think they modeled after the voice actress, like how Bastila is modeled after Jennifer Hale (KOTOR).
  • Wybran said:

In my personal opinion almost all BG1 portraits are terrible. Girls are either ugly or look fat. Besides so many facial tatoos and other tribal stuff. Come on this is forgotten realms not same sort of retro barbarians universe. At least Bioware realized this in BG2 and NWN where same portraits are real masterpiece.

You are insulting real people now, because the original pictures are photoshopped pictures from real women. But maby you didn't knew, don't blame you :)

@Edvin the portrait you posted is great!
  • TwigTwig Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    I like this one for Viconia, used it on both BG1 & BG2.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Tanthalas said:

Honestly, Coran's
    portrait is more of a bug than Viconia's.

Coran's portrait makes no trouble, he's male... And I think his portrait is fine, bit fits better with a Half-Elf Bard (Blade, to be precise, short swords++) but I like Coran's a lot more than Viconia's, but you can change them easly, there is a thread explaining how to do it, I really don't care about portraits looking.