Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Oh yeah!
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Heheheheheh. Yeah, this isn't really the place for that discussion. Sorry about that, u gaiz; it's my fault for getting the ball rolling by producing that pie chart in the first place.

You made a compelling argument for Dorn. I'm not convinced on the rest, but I've changed my opinion on him. Well argued.

• DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited October 2015
    Grum said:

Remember back when I wanted to mod the epilogue files? Ah, to be young and naive again.

that.

Viconia: Again, I liked that she died.all.
    This is why we can no longer be friends, I would've rather her and Charname simply vanish with their child. Disappear away from current world to qho knows where.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited October 2015
    Grum said:

Grum said:

Remember back when I wanted to mod the epilogue files? Ah, to be young and naive again.

that.

Viconia: Again, I liked that she died.all.
    This is why we can no longer be friends, I would've rather her and Charname simply vanish with their child. Disappear away from current world to qho knows where.
    I'd have thought that you would have prefered her to die, and for Charname to start a friendship with Adalon. Both of them had suffered greatly from the drow, having lost loved ones to them. That friendship would turn into a romantic relationship, eventually leading to BG3, where Charname would have the racial option of being a half-dragon.
    Touche sir, just touche!

Edit, I still don't like the idea of Vi dying before even getting to see her son's 10th birthday.
    Post edited by DragonKing on
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301

Touche sir, just touche!

I still don't like the idea of Vi dying before even getting to see her son's 10th birthday.

Neither do I. Not sure if we should still be having this conversation here, though.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Heheheheheh. Yeah, this isn't really the place for that discussion. Sorry about that, u gaiz; it's my fault for getting the ball rolling by producing that pie chart in the first place.

hahahhahhahah, I love the eric cartman reference in there :)

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I can split this discussion about the epilogues to a new thread if people are interested... I actually think it is an interesting discussion.
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    sarevok57 said:

Holy crap! I made an Eric Cartman refrence? How the heck did I do that without even trying?!

sarevok57 said:

Holy crap! I made an Eric Cartman refrence? How the heck did I do that without even trying?!
    eric cartman pronounces "you guys" as " u gaiz"
    Jenzafar said:

BACK TO MEMES!

And there's a bunch more where that came from:
    http://dndppf.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-royal-museum-of-d-memes.html

hahahhaha, I clicked on that link and those memes were great hahaha

• OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
    Viconia's death makes very little sense, because, as an Epic level Cleric aligned to Shar, Viconia should be beyond the reach of anything but an Avatar of Lolth.

Lolth is the biggest god of the Drow pantheon, but Shar is one of the biggest gods on Faerun, and by the end of ToB, Viconia would be one of her highest level clerics.

A stupid poison should have been nullified easily. Even if it was some super special poison, Raise Death and Resurrection are common spells at the level CHARNAME and company play about at. Viconia should have been have been up and about and talking shit about Lolth within five minutes of her death.

On the other hand, I mostly play CHARNAME and Aerie pairings anyway. Retiring to live on the side of a mountain sounds pretty cosy.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    As much as I hate Vickys death isn't Shar the the goddess of loss and darkness? as far I know Vicky wasn't actively spreading Shars word or very full of loss at the point of her death, hell if her alignment changed she wasn't even very much on the dark side of things anymore.

Shar is not the nicest of deities, so it is completely possible, that Vicky living a life of happiness, put her in disfavor with her goddess, thus no divine save from the poison.

It's still a really stupid end for the best character in the series, but this is the only possible reason I can think of for her to actually die to some crappy Lolth worshiper.