Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    seriously, I love that guy, every time I watch ancient aliens, he is so AMPED about anything he is talking about, really makes it fun to watch :3

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

hahahhahahhahhahahhaha, that was great

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Cat snakes: Vicious little beasts that wrap their furry bodies around a victim's neck and lick his/her cheeks relentlessly.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Next you're going to tell me that Kendrick was actually talking to the Master Wraith at the end of Mortal Man.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I remember a walkthrough of IWD where the author was writing, in all caps, not to pick Know Alignment. Dude, chill. It's not like it deals damage to the caster.

On a more positive note, there was another walkthrough where the author would occasionally put puns in the text... and signal them, also in all caps, with "PUN!" in parentheses, just in case anybody missed the pun. It was cute.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited October 2015

I went over to GameFAQs a couple of years back when I first bought the EE games to see if anyone had made decent walkthroughs for them. I found good walkthroughs, but unfortunately the writer was acting like a jackass and a munchkin the whole time. In summary:

RIGHT?! I know exactly which one you're talking about. That's my biggest complaint with it too.

Edit: I always feel a little awkward commenting on that, though. He actually does have an account here on the forums...
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301

I remember a walkthrough of IWD where the author was writing, in all caps, not to pick Know Alignment. Dude, chill. It's not like it deals damage to the caster.

On a more positive note, there was another walkthrough where the author would occasionally put puns in the text... and signal them, also in all caps, with "PUN!" in parentheses, just in case anybody missed the pun. It was cute.

How "punny" of them.

Aaaand since making the above comment I was told Haeravon has an account on the forums, created earlier this year. I am slow to feel remorse, however - such a low posting rate, no avatar and 'e told us that choosing the Bounty Hunter kit would earn us somebody's amusement and contempt.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

'e told us that choosing the Bounty Hunter kit would earn us somebody's amusement and contempt.

Wow. Somebody needs to look up Alesia_BH's no-reload SCS+Ascension Bounty Hunter run. That definitely put the Bounty Hunter kit way up at the top.
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    bengoshi said:

Well, see, that's the thing - it's not a bad walkthrough. Like I said, it's thorough, documents the XP rewards of various quests and tells you how to get hard-to-find magic items. I've used it as a reference during past playthroughs, and it was a big help while I played the Bard Stronghold questline. So the walkthrough itself is largely fine - while I take issue with much of its tone, that doesn't mean I consider it utterly worthless.

The problems I have with it are that Haeravon's Richard Dawkins-type atheist jokes about religion got real old real fast, he says over and over (and over) that druids suck and Cernd and Faldorn suck even more (there's dozens of other examples but they're the most long-suffering bunch) and I've already mentioned the Bounty Hunter thing. Besides, for two years after I first saw it, there were no alternatives for either EE game on GameFAQs, the two which now exist being recent enough additions. I could keep going all day but that would derail the thread, so let's just Calm Down and Meme On. *sigh*