Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428

@Abi_Dalzim When your party gets statues at that fountain, petrified Neeber will be seen as a member of the team - after all, his statue will be not far away.

If you look closely, you'll see that I already have the statues - I'm hoping some peasants will carry him away to sell as decoration or something.

@Yulaw9460, I don't know about you, but I miss the good ol' days when he would just throw one scimitar and run away, instead of basically fighting the party. It's tedious.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Yulaw9460 said:

Yeah, well, "Normally" is busy right now, isn't he?

quite the interesting team make up, I would never have so many chars dual wielding/ dual weaponing at the same time ( shields are my friends :) )

• Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Another Ravenloft meme.
    edited May 2016

Except for Jaheira, I never really used any druids in BG2 before and I always figured that she could use that armor because she is dualclassed. So this came as a suprise :X

Wait, I've always understood that they can use the Shadow Dragon armor, but any of the others, too?

Edit: Just ran a test. Druids can indeed wear any dragon armor, plus Antheg plate as I recall. Avengers only get the Shadow Dragon scale, though.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Abi_Dalzim When your party gets statues at that fountain, petrified Neeber will be seen as a member of the team - after all, his statue will be not far away.

If you look closely, you'll see that I already have the statues - I'm hoping some peasants will carry him away to sell as decoration or something.

Yulaw9460, I don't know about you, but I miss the good ol' days when he would just throw one scimitar and run away, instead of basically fighting the party. It's tedious.
    And if you look even closer, there is one spot empty. Maybe the peasants will think the one cowering in fear was misplaced and put it with the others.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Except for Jaheira, I never really used any druids in BG2 before and I always figured that she could use that armor because she is dualclassed. So this came as a suprise :X

Wait, I've always understood that they can use the Shadow Dragon armor, but any of the others, too?

Edit: Just ran a test. Druids can indeed wear any dragon armor, plus Antheg plate as I recall. Avengers only get the Shadow Dragon scale, though.
    Very interesting. Given that Jaheira can use any armor, and Cernd can't use any armor, this is a fact that I would probably have never found out.
    edited May 2016
    Grum said:

Very interesting. Given that Jaheira can use any armor, and Cernd can't use any armor, this is a fact that I would probably have never found out.

What's thrown me off for so many years is that *in principle* druids are restricted to studded leather and leather. Same as, say, thieves, or archers and stalkers. But none of those get to wear red dragon scale, so...
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I've always thought the druid's principles on armour and weapons was absolute bunk. What's the logic behind it? "We'll wear the flesh of dead creatures, but not anything from the earth? But we'll still use wooden weapons..." So animal parts? Good nature. Something grown from the earth? Only acceptable if it grows above ground. Like, there are just way too many inconsistencies and logical fallacies.
    Elrandir said:

I've always thought the druid's principles on armour and weapons was absolute bunk. What's the logic behind it? "We'll wear the flesh of dead creatures, but not anything from the earth? But we'll still use wooden weapons..." So animal parts? Good nature. Something grown from the earth? Only acceptable if it grows above ground. Like, there are just way too many inconsistencies and logical fallacies.

Like all stuff involving the iconic D&D classes, it's more about the archetype than it is about consistent philosophy.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    If druids could wear metal armor, you'd be seeing druids in chain mail all over the place, and that would look awful silly.

Of course, you could instead just implement fatigue penalties on heavy armor to dissuade people from wearing 50 pound suits of plate mail when frolicking in the woods. That would give druids a realistic reason to use hide armor.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Let's do some Dark Sun memes now.

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    There are moooore than enough meme threads already, we should have never split them up in the first place and just kept one :/
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    edited May 2016
    joluv said:

@ShapiroKeatsDarkMage: I think it would be better to start a separate thread for general D&D memes.

There are moooore than enough meme threads already, we should have never split them up in the first place and just kept one :/

Well, the Infinity Engine games (or Forgotten Realms, or general DnD) could have easily been in one thread (or more as the threads filled up) but Dark Sun does feel a little out of place here. There's no connection with Forgotten Realms, which both Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate are set in. No disrespect to @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    There is a meme thread for it
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited May 2016
    Elrandir said:

I think of it as using renewable resources. Animals and plants reproduce and regrow, so its okay to use these resources wisely. Metal is harder to come by and is a finite resource, so taboo.
    *edit* oops, somehow I missed @BelgarathMTH response. Sorry, about the redundant post.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    A druid can get metal armor without financing the destruction of nature. Instead of purchasing armor from a blacksmith and therefore promoting the whole mining thing, why not just steal his stuff? That way, none of your money goes to harming the environment.

Or you could just get you armor by robbing the corpses of your enemies. It's all good.