Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    You know, Wild Mages must have been really lame before Nahal came along.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Protagonist and party only need one tome to get in. Why would Carbos and shank pay separately?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    All the Bubbles stuff makes it too awkward to travel together.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    thats friggin' nuts, i didnt know kelemvor existed until NWN 2 SoZ, i've been playing that game for almost 20 years and still learning new things, damn
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    thats friggin' nuts, i didnt know kelemvor existed until NWN 2 SoZ, i've been playing that game for almost 20 years and still learning new things, damn

yeah the whole myrukal thing happens during the time of troubles. so he is around during 2nd ed. he just does not make an appearance in the games until motb.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    ll38t7b8i1s1.png

hahhahahahhahahhahahhahahaha

ah, i see that you are the gibberlings 3, the merriest band they ever did see
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @ShapiroKeatsDarkMage ... no wishes needed.

0rtqwyioib7b.jpg
  • HalfOrcBeastmasterHalfOrcBeastmaster Member Posts: 301
    OlvynChuru wrote: »
    ll38t7b8i1s1.png

These are screen edits, right? Or humorous mods of some kind perchance?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    semiticgod wrote: »
    hzg75zduknc2.jpg

I feel the same way about the Starship Troopers movies.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Basic truths:
    1) There are no Baldur's Gate Books concerning the Bhaalspawn

2) Starship Troopers is an amazing book. Someone should make a movie using this story. Maybe even two to tell the whole story.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    edited June 2019
    mlnevese wrote: »
    Basic truths:

2) Starship Troopers is an amazing book. Someone should make a movie using this story. Maybe even two to tell the whole story.

@BillyYank

I don't think the modern world would accept a movie that says unironically that war turns brats into real men, corporal punishment Is good, only soldiers should vote and nuclear weapons aren't bad.

For the record i love power armor but i can't stomach Heinlein's worldview.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Basic truths:

@BillyYank

I don't think the modern world would accept a movie that says unironically that war turns brats into real men, corporal punishment Is good, only soldiers should vote and nuclear weapons aren't bad.

Then I wouldn't hire you to make the movie. That's my main problem with the film. The creators clearly loathe the source material. That and they left out the power armor. It looked to me like they wanted to make a movie about space nazis, then shoehorned in some Heinlein references.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited June 2019
    Basic truths:

@BillyYank

The entire book is a critic to this worldview. Showing what happens when it's taken to an extreme with the military inventing new wars to justify their existence .. That's the reason for the commercials, etc

It doesn't praise this worldview at all.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Is that the one where the hero transplants his dead seargeant's ogre teeth into his mouth at the end?