Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Meme Thread II: Enhanced Edition (Careful, everyone, SPOILERS!)

Comments

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @CrevsDaak It's never CamDawg.
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    edited May 2014

Cammy

That game is so much better if you play a Malkavian. Then nothing you say makes sense!
    Considering 90% of my vocabulary is identical to that of the Children of Malkav, yet 90% of the transient here are capable of comprehending my whimsical messes, I'd say it is fairly easy for anyone with at least half a brain to comprehend their lines of thought.

Edit: Since I've sensed this post was far too insignificant, I've decided to expand it as an attempt to match the grandness that my comments usually showcase.
    For the unenlightened, the Malkavian clan of White Wolf's Old World of Darkness has in its bloodline utter and incurable madness, much like myself - by far the most cerebral clan, at least in matters scientific and rational (unlike the Tremere, which are also often considered to be the most cerebral, but instead dwell on occultism and their own imbalanced discipline of thaumaturgy), the Malkavians are all connected through their shared madness, which manifests differently on each individual, through the remnants of their Antediluvian, Malkav, known as the 'Madness Network' or 'Cobweb', which can be accessed by masters of Dementation and Auspex to innumerous purposes. There is always a glimpse of truth to their ramblings, and as such, they are often regarded as diviners of matters past, present, future and beyond. The Malkavians tend to embrace people of great mental capacity who are already half-way or all-the-way down the path of madness, which makes them by far the most inquisitive and perceptive clan. 'Genius and madness are two sides of the same coin', indeed.
    Again on the topic of the Malkavian clan, I believe it is reminiscent of real-life Mensa, although I don't have much experience with the global versions of such a group so I cannot be entirely sure. To elaborate: every single member I've yet encountered suffers from either Asperger's or Bipolarity, and all of the figureheads are incredibly... odd - the higher up in influence, the less mentally stable the individual becomes, so much that it tends to fall short on its proposals of being a high-IQ society and is more akin to a conglomeration of minds too alien for the average person to accept or comprehend. In short, it is an insane asylum made into a cabal. Again 'Genius and madness are two sides of the same coin'.

Damsel, or the 'Damsel of Distress' for a Malkavian protagonist, is one of the leaders of the Anarchs in Los Angeles. A 'bitch but in a good way', she tries, along with Skelter, Smiling Jack and Nines Rodriguez, to guide other vampires away from the rigidly structured, darwinistic and exploitative Camarilla into a meritocracy of sorts, where vampires are judged by their deeds and actions, where they are free of the sadistic bindings of the Camarilla, and where they will always have a place - of course, the anarchs are too spread thin in their ideals, their freedom came at the cost of their unity, and as such, they could not stop the invasion of the Kuei-Jin and Sabbat, heralds of Gehenna, which I could describe in most intimate details, but that would be too spoileriffic for your... less capable minds. Furthermore, it was retconned away in the revival of the OWoD, to the rejoice of many.
    Damsel is not a bad person, although she is gargantually passionate and emotional, characteristics incredibly uncommon to vampires. She has a very sugar-and-ice personality, having an intricate mix of both hot- and cold-bloodedness, surprisingly though, she is one of the most supportive characters if you follow the Anarch ideology, although she is very tsundere about it. While not as 'good' as Velvet Velour and Maximillian Strauss, she stands as a much less morally objectionable figure than the trustworthy Smiling Jack and Romero the Ghoul. Although her motives for placing faith in you are ultimately for the good of the Anarchs, she gradually opens up, almost dropping her Tsundere-ness (and actually dropping it, if you follow the Anarch ending with the latest Unofficial-Official-Patch (technically unofficial since the company is long dead, but it is made by the developers of the game, and restores much of the content that was cut from the original release as well as actually making the game playable (it is nigh-impossible to complete the game without them, since the game slowly descends into a spiral of bugs that will either screw itself or your computer (yes, I ended up frying a CPU because I played it unpatched - it's that kind of game)))).
    Post edited by Loub on
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    That's what I play as mostly. Insanity is awesome.

Cammy

That game is so much better if you play a Malkavian. Then nothing you say makes sense!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @HerrderGezeiten‌ yes, since vanilla SoA first released unpatched version to the EE even with SCS.